View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 5:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Mike Iupati 
The real question is, if he somehow lasts until say, 24-26, Do the Lions trade up to 25th or 26th to steal him from the Cowboys. I am not a Huge fan of trading up and giving up Picks, but you never know.

It doesnt necessarily have to even be picks we use to trade up, maybe trading a Medium quality player (Sims) or an Aging Vet to a Team that made it to the playoffs this year (peterson) to Move up 8-9 spots. If it was a pick, what kind of pick would it take to move up, Our 3rd or would our 4th (2nd pick in the round) be enough?

I think I would have traded up for Nick Mangold or Alex Mack, but I would not trade up for Iauputi. There are very real concerns with his game, there are other serviceable OG's available, and we have too many needs.

February 2nd, 2010, 5:24 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Good point. I am more of a Fan of John Jerry later so we can use the top picks on DT,CB (or Graham if he somehow drops).

February 2nd, 2010, 7:33 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

Good point. I am more of a Fan of John Jerry later so we can use the top picks on DT,CB (or Graham if he somehow drops).

If the Lions take an OG in the second I wouldn't hate it. If Iupati is there then boom, take him. If not they could get Jerry, Asomoah, or Johnson. Even Brandon Carter from TTU would be good, but you could get these guys further down in the draft and use number 34 on a CB.

February 2nd, 2010, 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8