View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 8:40 pm



Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Tebow will "just be himself" at Senior Bowl 
Author Message
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post Tebow will "just be himself" at Senior Bowl
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/n ... id=4854855

Did anyone read this? So what they're saying is he's going to be Jesus at the Senior Bowl. Who wouldn't be impressed?

_________________
Forward down the field!


January 25th, 2010, 11:15 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: March 6th, 2006, 1:29 am
Posts: 2490
Location: The Terrordome
Post 
Guy has bust written all over him...

_________________
"If you worry about what the fans say, you’re going to be sitting with them."
-Jim Schwartz


January 25th, 2010, 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post 
I think the attitude that you take means that he'll be a disappointment, but because no one is expecting him to light it up in the big leagues means, to me at least, that you can't call him a bust because the expectations are so low.

_________________
Forward down the field!


January 25th, 2010, 12:05 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: March 6th, 2006, 1:29 am
Posts: 2490
Location: The Terrordome
Post 
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I think the attitude that you take means that he'll be a disappointment, but because no one is expecting him to light it up in the big leagues means, to me at least, that you can't call him a bust because the expectations are so low.


Depends on where he's taken and by whom. You don't think he would have high expectations at Jacksonville?

_________________
"If you worry about what the fans say, you’re going to be sitting with them."
-Jim Schwartz


January 25th, 2010, 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

Joined: May 20th, 2009, 5:40 pm
Posts: 444
Post 
lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I think the attitude that you take means that he'll be a disappointment, but because no one is expecting him to light it up in the big leagues means, to me at least, that you can't call him a bust because the expectations are so low.


Depends on where he's taken and by whom. You don't think he would have high expectations at Jacksonville?


I am with you. Doubtful he lasts past Jacksonville in the first. If he is picked there he is going to a be a huge bust and will probably force the Jags to move.


January 25th, 2010, 1:52 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2005, 7:50 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Burbs of De-town
Post 
...and he was

:lol:


February 4th, 2010, 2:26 pm
Profile
Color Commentator - John Madden
User avatar

Joined: January 19th, 2007, 3:21 am
Posts: 1919
Location: A2
Post 
After his poor Senior Bowl performance I don't think he'll go in the 1st. Jacksonville may take him in the second if they start to get the yips about another team taking him, but he's not worthy of that high of a pick. He'll make someones practice squad, but he won't get anywhere. As far as i'm concerned I'm not expecting anything from him in the pros so he'll fail, but I won't call him a bust.

_________________
Forward down the field!


February 4th, 2010, 4:08 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12141
Post 
PFT wrote:
Theismann says Tebow should have retired
Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2010 12:18 PM ET
In a Radio Row interview with Mike Dempsey of 1010XL in Jacksonville, former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann was candid regarding the pro prospects of former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

Theismann thinks that Tebow should have retired after his college football career ended.

"Rock star status preserved," Theismann said.

"Obviously at Florida they don't teach throwing the football," Theismann opined in explaining that Tebow's mechanics are "poor." Theismann also said that Urban Meyer and his staff have "no clue" regarding the process for preparing a quarterback to play "at the next level."

In Theismann's view, the point of no return came with Tebow's participation in the Senior Bowl. Now, it's too late for Tebow to turn back; Theismann said that Tebow's pride and ego won't let the 2007 Heisman winner abandon his plan to play pro football.

Since Theismann knows a thing or two about pride and ego, we'll defer to his views in this regard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-retired/

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


February 4th, 2010, 5:32 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: March 6th, 2006, 1:29 am
Posts: 2490
Location: The Terrordome
Post 
I guess Jesus doesn't like Timmy anymore...

_________________
"If you worry about what the fans say, you’re going to be sitting with them."
-Jim Schwartz


February 4th, 2010, 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
I think he could turn into a decent QB if the team drafting him knows he will need a few years to understudy. I think a team like Seattle would be the perfect landing spot with Hasselbeck having probably a few good years (2-3) ahead of him still. That would put no pressure on him at all, unless H-dog gets injured again, to just sit, learn, and get comfortable with the NFL.

No way can he come out of the gates ready to go, he simply is not ready. But someone in the right situation could use a second on him for the future and have a great situation when their older ailing QB is ready to go. Even Philly where McNabb could be there for about 3-4 more years.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


February 4th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2284
Post 
TheRealWags wrote:
PFT wrote:
Theismann says Tebow should have retired
Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2010 12:18 PM ET
In a Radio Row interview with Mike Dempsey of 1010XL in Jacksonville, former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann was candid regarding the pro prospects of former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

Theismann thinks that Tebow should have retired after his college football career ended.

"Rock star status preserved," Theismann said.


I Have No Love lost for Tebow at all... but...

Joe Theismann is a fudge douche and should shut his over-rated piehole.

"Kids, Don't follow your dreams. Don't even try, especially if you were a rockstar in college. Your life dreams have already peaked...."

Yeah. Its media like him that don't need to exist at all.

Its not Tebows Ego that drives him to continue to at least put it out there, it is his Heart.


February 4th, 2010, 9:04 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: March 6th, 2006, 1:29 am
Posts: 2490
Location: The Terrordome
Post 
steensn wrote:
I think he could turn into a decent QB if the team drafting him knows he will need a few years to understudy. I think a team like Seattle would be the perfect landing spot with Hasselbeck having probably a few good years (2-3) ahead of him still. That would put no pressure on him at all, unless H-dog gets injured again, to just sit, learn, and get comfortable with the NFL.

No way can he come out of the gates ready to go, he simply is not ready. But someone in the right situation could use a second on him for the future and have a great situation when their older ailing QB is ready to go. Even Philly where McNabb could be there for about 3-4 more years.


I don't know why any team would take on a project like that, at least when there are countless others who at least have the basics down like taking a snap from under center or whatever. Jacksonville will probably take him in a later round to fill seats--give him a few snaps every now and then to whet fans' appetites. Sort of a Stanton x 10.

_________________
"If you worry about what the fans say, you’re going to be sitting with them."
-Jim Schwartz


February 4th, 2010, 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2701
Post 
DJ-B wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
PFT wrote:
Theismann says Tebow should have retired
Posted by Mike Florio on February 4, 2010 12:18 PM ET
In a Radio Row interview with Mike Dempsey of 1010XL in Jacksonville, former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann was candid regarding the pro prospects of former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

Theismann thinks that Tebow should have retired after his college football career ended.

"Rock star status preserved," Theismann said.


I Have No Love lost for Tebow at all... but...

Joe Theismann is a fudge douche and should shut his over-rated piehole.

"Kids, Don't follow your dreams. Don't even try, especially if you were a rockstar in college. Your life dreams have already peaked...."

Yeah. Its media like him that don't need to exist at all.

Its not Tebows Ego that drives him to continue to at least put it out there, it is his Heart.


Theismann is just being honest.


February 5th, 2010, 4:50 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
Blueskies wrote:
Theismann is just being honest.


And that's what makes his commentary so sad.

Most guys will tell you that they play the game for the love of the game, not the love of the fame. Perhaps, just perhaps, Tebow is the former and Rockstar Joe played for the latter.

I actually like Theisman as a player, but his ego and attitude are ridiculous at times. I think he's an ashole.


February 5th, 2010, 1:49 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post 
lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:
steensn wrote:
I think he could turn into a decent QB if the team drafting him knows he will need a few years to understudy. I think a team like Seattle would be the perfect landing spot with Hasselbeck having probably a few good years (2-3) ahead of him still. That would put no pressure on him at all, unless H-dog gets injured again, to just sit, learn, and get comfortable with the NFL.

No way can he come out of the gates ready to go, he simply is not ready. But someone in the right situation could use a second on him for the future and have a great situation when their older ailing QB is ready to go. Even Philly where McNabb could be there for about 3-4 more years.


I don't know why any team would take on a project like that, at least when there are countless others who at least have the basics down like taking a snap from under center or whatever. Jacksonville will probably take him in a later round to fill seats--give him a few snaps every now and then to whet fans' appetites. Sort of a Stanton x 10.


Why would they? Because of you can get the sort of production out of him as he did in college you are in great shape. He has every intangible you can think of, he was just stunted from the pro game being in a strictly college style offense. Why belittle his abilities by focusing on an easy fix like taking a snap from center? The kid can come in, run some gimmick plays for a few years as he learns the pro game, and then take over as a pretty good QB if done right. Did it with Rogers, worked great for Green Bay. Not a drop in QB production to speak of. It's a no brainer great opportunity for the right team. If anyone wants him to play ASAP then they are looking for failure.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


February 5th, 2010, 2:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.