View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 28th, 2014, 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Fire DickRod right now! 
RIP Killer

Do they get locked outta bowl play like what happened o them in BBALL?

November 21st, 2009, 5:13 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Billy, who cares if Michigan gets a black eye? They've already got one for hiring this fool in the first place. As I said before, DickRod is to Michigan what Millen was to the Lions. It's better to cut their losses now before it gets any worse, and believe me, it will if they allow this clown to continue as head coach.

November 21st, 2009, 5:25 pm
RIP Killer

Billy, who cares if Michigan gets a black eye? They've already got one for hiring this fool in the first place. As I said before, DickRod is to Michigan what Millen was to the Lions. It's better to cut their losses now before it gets any worse, and believe me, it will if they allow this clown to continue as head coach.

Agreed. Even if he could coach he isn't a fit at UofM. I can't believe this, but I'm actually feeling sorry for Michigan.

November 21st, 2009, 11:49 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the pity, Pablo. It's pretty sad when a Sparty can see the obvious when some of the Michigan slappies can not.

November 22nd, 2009, 12:43 am
I'm still willing to give the guy another year. I know for a fact that some of the offensive teammates aren't happy with the play calling (too predictable, never passes on first down, always runs the same stuff), because I have personally talked to some of the prominent seniors on the team. That said, IMO yesterdays loss and much of the season boils down to two things 1) OL play, and 2) Qb play...

I really think we're putting too many of U of M's problems on coaching. RR didn't go out there and throw four picks, RR didn't go out there and fail to block, to the point of being ineffective on the ground, and RR didn't go out there and fumble the ball in the endzone...

November 22nd, 2009, 3:54 pm
Veteran General Manager

I'm still willing to give the guy another year. I know for a fact that some of the offensive teammates aren't happy with the play calling (too predictable, never passes on first down, always runs the same stuff), because I have personally talked to some of the prominent seniors on the team. That said, IMO yesterdays loss and much of the season boils down to two things 1) OL play, and 2) Qb play...

I really think we're putting too many of U of M's problems on coaching. RR didn't go out there and throw four picks, RR didn't go out there and fail to block, to the point of being ineffective on the ground, and RR didn't go out there and fumble the ball in the endzone...

Maybe not. But RR is the guy that recruited the players that did those things. RR is the guy that hasn't put the fear of god in those players to keep them from doing those things. And RR is the guy who has let the Defense slowly wither away to where next year we will have a bad defense because the last of the good defenders are graduating.

November 22nd, 2009, 5:44 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Maybe not. But RR is the guy that recruited the players that did those things. RR is the guy that hasn't put the fear of god in those players to keep them from doing those things. And RR is the guy who has let the Defense slowly wither away to where next year we will have a bad defense because the last of the good defenders are graduating.

You're being a bit over-dramatic about the offensive mistakes... RR is also working with two 19yr old Qbs, an offensive line that can't block, and a Qb tandem where one player can't throw at all, and the other throws 4 picks...

As far as the defense goes... I don't think you're on track with the program. Brandon Grahm and possibly Jonas Mouton are the only noteable players leaving. Their biggest problem is their secondary and EVERYONE will be back and I expect them all to play better. As far as the DL goes... Sure, they'll lose Grahm, but I expect William Campbell to get a TON more time and I expect him to turn into the force that he's capable of becoming. His presence alone could make up for Grahm leaving, but Mike Martin and Ryan Van Bergen coming back with another year of physical and mental maturity are going to be huge as well. I'll be sad to see Mouton go, but it isn't because he's great, he's just a solid player.

I can't stand Obi Ezeh and I'll be happy to see him out of there, and I expect someone else to step up and take his place, and do a better job at it. I think our LBs will be ok, as will our DL, and I just have to hope and pray that our secondary improves. That said, there's no reason they shouldn't. We were starting two juniors at S and a junior and sophmore at CB.

November 22nd, 2009, 6:14 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Blueskies, I like you dude, but open your eyes. This is Millen Part II. He's ignoring the defense in order to get the players to run his offensive "system". This will not end well. Furthermore, teams don't use the spread option in the Big Ten for a reason - it simply won't work. It works in the Big East, ACC, and most any other conference you can name, but it won't work here. Size wins.

Fun fact: 8 of Michigan's top 10 recruits are defensive players

February 7th, 2010, 3:49 pm

Fun fact: When I posted that on November 16th, DickRod had verbals from 7 defensive players, 10 offensive players, and a punter. He received verbals from only defensive players after that point.

Also, according to scouts.com, Michigan has five 4 star recruits on defense with four 4 or 5 star recruits on offense. Where do you get the 8 out of 10 from?

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=683&yr=2010

Worse yet, as I feared, the days of recruiting the next Pacman Jones, Chris Henry, or Noel Devine may be upon us. :(

February 7th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Veteran General Manager

It is put up or shut up time for RR.

Either start winning this year or hit the bricks. I don't care which. Win. GREAT!!!!! Lose. We get a coach that respects tradition and doing it right without all the headaches.

February 7th, 2010, 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4