View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 7:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Shame on Detroit
m2karateman wrote:
$100k in jewelry sounds like a nice number to give to the insurance company........ :^o :-k
Good point :\

June 29th, 2005, 11:43 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikings-tice-tickets&prov=ap&type=lgns

Tice got fined 100K for ticket scalping.

Last edited by bsand2053 on July 4th, 2005, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 30th, 2005, 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Redskins | Police and Courts: S. Taylor
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 07:08:12 -0700

Nunyo Demasio, of the Washington Post, reports Charles Elwood Caughman, Washington Redskins S Sean Taylor's co-defendant, had his preliminary court hearing postponed because prosecutors hope that he accepts a plea bargain and becomes a prosecution witness against Taylor. Caughman faces a maximum of 15 years; there is no mandatory minimum sentence. His hearing was moved to July 11, one day before Taylor's hearing. If Caughman accepts a plea bargain, he will be added to the prosecution's witness list for Taylor's hearing, the state attorney's office said yesterday. They could have filed a misdemeanor against my client. But there's a headhunt for Sean Taylor, and we don't need to be caught in the middle of it. We're going to explore all our options, and do what's best for Charles," said Caughman's attorney Evan Hoffman.

Interesting squeeze play the courts are using against Taylor. They are after him for sure!

July 3rd, 2005, 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Welcome to the real world Sean. You get to be the example this go round.

What makes these kids think they can pull this $#!+? I think the NCAA should make up a class on how to act like a responsible adult and make it mandatory for anyone wishing to enter the draft for any pro sport. They could call it " It stinks where your head is at 101"

July 3rd, 2005, 4:24 pm
Modmin Dude

Welcome to the real world Sean. You get to be the example this go round.

What makes these kids think they can pull this $#!+? I think the NCAA should make up a class on how to act like a responsible adult and make it mandatory for anyone wishing to enter the draft for any pro sport. They could call it " It stinks where your head is at 101"
Either that or start to question Miami's recruiting and coaching practices - aren't most of these morons from Da U???

July 5th, 2005, 12:04 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post FS Sam Brandon spent July 4 locked up
Quote:
Broncos | Police and Courts: S. Brandon
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 05:18:04 -0700

Hector Gutierrez, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos FS Sam Brandon spent July 4 locked up in the Douglas County Jail after his girlfriend said he hit, bit and tried to choke her over the weekend. Brandon was held on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and misdemeanor criminal mischief. Brandon was released on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond. Broncos' spokesman Jim Saccomano said the organization was unaware of the incident. Jeffrey A. Springer, Brandon's attorney, was confident Brandon will be exonerated and will resume his career in the National Football League and his work in the community. Brandon's girlfriend told the deputies she had argued with Brandon and that the argument had turned into a physical altercation.

Who knows whats going on here but 4th of July locked up has got to suck!!

July 6th, 2005, 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post Dolphins TE McMichael Arrested - battery and trespass
Quote:
McMichael arrested, accused of hitting wife

GROVETOWN, Ga. -- Miami Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael is facing charges for the second time in 13 months for allegedly hitting his wife.

Randy McMichael

McMichael was arrested early Saturday morning in Columbia County after witnesses told police that he had given his wife, Cawanna, a bloody nose.

The 26-year-old McMichael was taken to the Columbia County Detention Center, where he was charged with simple battery and criminal trespass. McMichael was released just before 7 a.m. Saturday after posting a $2,200 bond, according to jail records.

"We certainly don't condone the conduct which has been alleged, and we recognize the seriousness of the charges; however, we will not make a specific comment about this matter until we gather more information," Dolphins coach Nick Saban said in a statement Monday.

According to the police report, McMichael acknowledged he had two glasses of wine and several beers before arguing with his wife, but he refused to take a field breathalyzer test.

Cawanna McMichael, 22, told police the contact with her husband was an accident as he was throwing some of her belongings out of their 1984 Cadillac Coupe de Ville.

Four witnesses told police they saw McMichael throw his wife from the car. One witness told police he saw the athlete throw his wife away from the vehicle several times, according to the report.

Cawanna McMichael was treated at the scene.

Prosecutors decided not to file charges after McMichael was arrested in June 2004 and accused of hitting his wife. McMichael had been charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant woman, a second-degree felony that is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

In his third season with the Dolphins in 2004, McMichael caught a career-high 73 passes for 791 yards and four touchdowns.

Associated Press via ESPN.com

"Four witnesses told police they saw McMichael throw his wife from the car".

How does someone do that and call themselves a man?

July 12th, 2005, 6:29 am
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

I believe it all goes back to the way the law allows children to be disciplined and/or punished these days. Back in the day a show of disrespect to an adult or a show of abuse to a woman meant you would be looking for your teeth for about a week.

While I do not support physical abuse of a child, I don't think giving these guys a time out when they were young did the trick. A good old fashion spanking would go a long way in staightening these kids out, a little fear of the rath of mom and dad or even old granmama is a very good thing. A great number of young people these days don't respect anything including themselves. Then again there are some older folks who lead by example and lead these kids to believe this kind of crap is OK.

Before anybody asks, yes I have been arrested for grabbing my then 16 year old by the neck for swearing at and then taking a swing at his mother. the cops treated it as if I was being investigated for murder and the boy was an abuse victim. All because mom wouldn't give him money to go out with his friends. Something is very wrong when a parent has to let a child get away with things like that for fear of being prosecuted.

Ge did turn out to be a pretty outstanding young man though. Me I spent the weekend in jail before the charges were dropped. :x :( :x :(

July 12th, 2005, 8:07 am
Modmin Dude

Post Former NFL Quarterback Skips Second Court Hearing
Here's one we can be proud of.........

http://www.nbc10.com/sports/4706777/detail.html

Quote:
WEST CHESTER, Pa. -- Authorities in Chester County are seeking a former NFL quarterback who failed to show up for sentencing Friday for two drunken-driving convictions.

William "Jeff" Komlo whose NFL career ended in 1983, faced a mandatory minimum sentence of 30 days in jail. Komlo played for the Detroit Lions and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and attended the University of Delaware.

Authorities say this isn't the first time the 48-year-old has been a no-show. He also failed to show up for a preliminary hearing on May 10 for an alleged altercation with his girlfriend.

And he's being sought for defying an electronic-monitoring order that was placed on him.

Komlo's defense lawyer, Thomas Schindler, says he's spoken to him by phone, but he says he doesn't know his whereabouts.
Copyright 2005 by NBC10.com The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

July 12th, 2005, 4:56 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Here's what this story reminds me of. And it's a strange trip down memory lane that someone else may also remember.

Sometime in 1980 Gary Danielson was out for a game and Jeff Komlo got the start. A Monday night game against the Bears. Around the 3rd quarter Komlo was hurt and Eric Hipple came in for him and saw his first game action of his career. I don't remember exactly (maybe one of you do) but somewhere in Hipples first few passes he threw a bomb down the sideline and connected with (Leonard Thompson I think) for a touchdown. It might have been over 40 yards.

The Lions won.

Komlo never started again. I'm not sure he ever played again.

I remember My Dad, brothers and me screaming and jumping up and down. My Mom thought we where nuts.

Sadly later that night I learned that John Lennon was murdered in front of his home in New York.

July 12th, 2005, 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Post Column: The Night of the Hipple
LionFan57....

Is this what you are talking about???

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=69&p=2&c=392385

July 13th, 2005, 9:07 am
Modmin Dude

Post Four-game suspension given to Warfield
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/KC/8640990

Quote:
Four-game suspension given to Warfield

NFL.com wire reports

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (July 12, 2005) -- Chiefs cornerback Eric Warfield has been suspended for the first four games of the 2005 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

The 29-year-old was arrested Sept. 20, 2004 in the Kansas City suburb of Overland Park, Kan. Police said Warfield had a blood alcohol level of .189 percent, more than double the state's .08 percent legal limit.

He pleaded no contest in January to a felony charge of driving under the influence, his third DUI in as many years. He was sentenced to 10 days in jail and 80 days of house arrest.

His agent, Craig Domann, confirmed the suspension in a statement released July 12. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment.

Officials with the Chiefs would not comment on specifics, but said the decision was no surprise.

"This has always been a possibility," said Bob Moore, a team spokesman. "It's not something the team hasn't been prepared for."

The Chiefs will now have to find a starter opposite Patrick Surtain for the first month of the season.

The Chiefs have signed veteran Ashley Ambrose, and still available is former Patriots All-Pro Ty Law. But he is coming off an injury and the Chiefs have shown little interest.

Warfield's suspension also means the Chiefs must play their first four games, three of them against playoff teams last year, without their most reliable cornerback. Kansas City faces the Jets, Raiders, Broncos and Eagles at the start of its season.

"Eric has benefited from this process and he is a better person, citizen and teammate because of it," Domann said. "I expect Eric to bounce back in a big way and have one of his best seasons yet."

The season will be Warfield's eighth with the Chiefs. He has started in all but one of Kansas City's last 64 games. He had four interceptions in each of his last four seasons.

July 13th, 2005, 10:10 am
Modmin Dude

Post Bllinky gets Pac-Man
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3758628

Quote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Titans' top draft pick, cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, surrendered to police Wednesday on charges of assault and vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation.

Jones surrendered to Nashville police at Titans headquarters Wednesday morning.
Jones' lawyer Roger May said he had not seen the arrest warrants but has been told the charges are simple assault and vandalism. Both are misdemeanors.

A team spokesman said the Titans were aware of the situation and were monitoring it but had no immediate comment.

Nightclub owner Robert Gatti appeared in court before down to swear out the complaint against Jones. Gatti told the court that Jones grabbed his shirt and later struck him.

In April, Georgia authorities investigated a report that Jones was involved in a fight in a nightclub near Atlanta in April, but no charges were filed against him in that case.

The 5-foot-10 Jones, who played for West Virginia, was the first defensive player taken in the NFL Draft in April.

He hurt himself in the Titans' rookie orientation on April 29 and couldn't practice with the team until June 14.

But Tennessee took him for his 4.45-second speed in the 40-yard dash and 37 1/2-inch vertical jump as they try to replace veterans Samari Rolle and Andre Dyson.

July 13th, 2005, 12:55 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Column: The Night of the Hipple
TheRealWags wrote:
LionFan57....

Is this what you are talking about???

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=69&p=2&c=392385

OMG!!

Wags, how did you find this? You must have searched for hours for this.

Thanks buddy! You the man!

July 13th, 2005, 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Bllinky gets Pac-Man
TheRealWags wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3758628

Quote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Titans' top draft pick, cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, surrendered to police Wednesday on charges of assault and vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation.

Jones surrendered to Nashville police at Titans headquarters Wednesday morning.
Jones' lawyer Roger May said he had not seen the arrest warrants but has been told the charges are simple assault and vandalism. Both are misdemeanors.

A team spokesman said the Titans were aware of the situation and were monitoring it but had no immediate comment.

Nightclub owner Robert Gatti appeared in court before down to swear out the complaint against Jones. Gatti told the court that Jones grabbed his shirt and later struck him.

In April, Georgia authorities investigated a report that Jones was involved in a fight in a nightclub near Atlanta in April, but no charges were filed against him in that case.

The 5-foot-10 Jones, who played for West Virginia, was the first defensive player taken in the NFL Draft in April.

He hurt himself in the Titans' rookie orientation on April 29 and couldn't practice with the team until June 14.

But Tennessee took him for his 4.45-second speed in the 40-yard dash and 37 1/2-inch vertical jump as they try to replace veterans Samari Rolle and Andre Dyson.

I guess they should have taken Rolle, huh? He seems like another headcase.

July 13th, 2005, 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next