View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Sleepers? 
Pablo we are the Warriors now. But they play on Tartar Drive. Or field.

Everything Ive read has been positive about Bell, including how he has solid hands coming out of the backfield. I have/had a friend on the team and asked about him last year and he said he thought he had the talent and the work rate to go pro, and he also seems to be a stand up guy with little to no character issues (I dont know if he still does this but after every drive my friend said he would get water for all the lineman).

The "problem" so to speak is that he had such a great Senior Bowl that I dont know if hes a sleeper anymore, but I would love to see the Lions move about to get him if it doesnt look like he'll make it to the 4th. Anyone know what his projected 40 time is?

We had a player like that when I was there... I think his name was Sterling Pointe or something like that (I think he ended up trying out for the Lions at some point). He was great at WSU as a slot WR/KR/PR guy, and was fast as hell, but at the end of the day he didn't have the talent to make it in the NFL. Hopefully this guy is different, but these DII guys rarely get picked early. I'd be shocked if he's gone before the 4th round. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes undrafted.

February 2nd, 2010, 2:05 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Most of the guys I liked who may be considered sleepers had good-great senior bowls. John Jerry, Kyle Wilson, Blount, Alex Carrington, Dan Williams...

February 2nd, 2010, 12:10 pm
RIP Killer

Rose from OSU at DE could be a great FA sleeper. Has all the talent in the world, just needs to get the fire. Nice big fast DE, think he could do well in a rotation. Was in ESPN's top 150 coming out of high school, but never made a huge impact with all the other guys standing out. Got stuck behind some great DE's.

February 2nd, 2010, 12:14 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I saw Joique Bell play against Grand Valley this year and he was the only thing that offense had. He did it all, he ran between the tackles, had enough burst to turn the corner, caught balls out of the backfield and in the slot, and I think he did some returning. This could explain his stats, but the kids a player. He's a son of a preacher man too. I have counterparts who work at Wayne State and one of them knows him pretty well and he has spoken very highly of him.

I'm interested what his 40 time will be. It may not be blazing, but he'll run 4.55ish and that should turn some heads. I think the Lions should seriously consider the kid, but if he puts up good numbers at the Combine then I don't think they'd be in the position to draft him. I could see him going between 4 and 5. If he falls to the 5th then they should nab him. 4th would be too early, IMO, because of all the more pressing needs they have.

February 2nd, 2010, 10:30 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

At RB I'm interested in seeing Deji Kareem and Curtis Steele play in the Texas vs the Nation game.

February 4th, 2010, 8:26 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

When I first brought up Joique Bell a couple of months ago, I figured that he'd be a 7th round pick or UDFA. Now, he's flying up the draft boards and could possibly go as early as the 3rd round, but I doubt it. The National Football Post even ranked him as the 5th best RB in the draft. So much for him being a "sleeper" now. :(

February 6th, 2010, 1:26 pm
Stadium Announcer

Kam chancellor S from Virginia tech is my sleeper in this draft. Crazy size 6-4 228. SS or Lb size BUT he played single deep safety in va techs defense.Ferocious hitter and great open field tackler. I had him on my radar big time in last years draft before I found out he was a sophmore. I'm curious how he looks at the combine. It could boost him slot.
Thinking 3rd or 4 th as of now
Delmas 6-0 195 SS
Chancellor 6-4 228 FS

Best safety tandem in NFC for next ten years

February 17th, 2010, 12:16 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Kam chancellor S from Virginia tech is my sleeper in this draft. Crazy size 6-4 228. SS or Lb size BUT he played single deep safety in va techs defense.Ferocious hitter and great open field tackler. I had him on my radar big time in last years draft before I found out he was a sophmore. I'm curious how he looks at the combine. It could boost him slot.
Delmas 6-0 195 SS
Chancellor 6-4 228 FS

I like Chancellor as well, he made some plays at Senior Bowl. I just don't think the Lions will take a safety before the 5th round (he might be gone).

February 17th, 2010, 7:51 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Small-school prospects to watch. Ten players who might create a buzz on draft day. Wes Bunting
February 16, 2010 The National Football Post takes a look at some of the nation’s top small-school prospects who might not be getting much buzz in the media now but could really intrigue on draft day.

QB John Skelton, Fordham (6-5, 244)

I’m not saying Skelton is ready to compete for a starting quarterback job in the NFL from day one, but when you look at the guy’s physical skill set and project where he could be in three years after working with legitimate NFL coaching, he could end up being right up there with the best in the class. And with fewer and fewer quarterbacks now being drafted each year, Skelton is one of the few signal callers in this group who actually warrants a selection because of his starting-caliber skill set. Again, he needs time, but I see much more value attached to Skelton than I do some of the other quarterbacks in this year’s class (Dan LeFevour, Mike Kafka, Sean Canfield), who look like little more than backup-only prospects at the next level.

QB Ryan Perrilloux, Jacksonville State (6-2, 218)

Speaking of quarterbacks with NFL-caliber skill sets, it’s amazing to think just how good Perrilloux could have been if he’d been able to keep his nose clean and develop during his time at LSU. He displays a strong arm, can really spin the football and has the athletic ability to consistently create with his legs. He’s still a work in progress, but you aren’t going to find many signal callers in the draft more physically gifted than him.

RB Joique Bell, Wayne State (5-11, 223)

The first things that pop out at you about Bell are his natural instincts and lateral agility for a back his size. He’s a well-built kid with good thickness through his lower half, and he displays the short-area quickness and vision needed to create on his own and find creases at the line of scrimmage. In my opinion, he was the most impressive back throughout the week of practices at the Senior Bowl and looks like a guy who’s right in the mix in that second tier of running backs in the 2010 class.

WR Chris Bell, Norfolk State (6-2, 210)

From a purely physical and athletic standpoint, this guy has the necessary skill set to mature into a starting-caliber receiver at the next level. He’s a big, well-built wideout who displays good power as a route runner with the body control and coordination to track the football down the field. There are quite a few character concerns attached to his name, but Bell is an intriguing guy to take a flyer on late and see how much develops in his first couple of years in the league.

WR A.J. Jackson, California, Pa. (6-5, 230)

Jackson is a king-sized wideout who possess impressive range when asked to extend his long arms and get the football. Plus, he showcases the body control and physicality needed to consistently high-point throws on all areas of the field. However, he’s more of a strider who plays at one speed and struggles to generate much burst out of his breaks. Nevertheless, I love how physical he can be, not only in the pass game but as a blocker as well. He’s never going to be athletic enough to start for a team on the outside, but his combination of size and overall coordination are enough for him to make his way on to an NFL roster and compete for time in sub package situations.

OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale (6-8, 315)

Veldheer is a physical freak at the position who’s going to run extremely well at this year’s combine and has the athletic skill set to match even the top prospects in the draft. He does have a bit of a learning curve and struggled at times vs. the jump in competition at this year's Texas vs. the Nation game. Overall, however, he’s a gifted kid with long arms, good natural strength for his size and has the upside to play on the left side in the NFL.

OG/OT Ramon Harewood, Morehouse (6-6, 353)

Harewood is former left tackle who will likely need to make the transition inside to guard at the next level. He’s a massive offensive lineman with impressive natural strength, but he just looks too slow-footed to play on the edge in the NFL. Nevertheless, he’s still a raw prospect who has only begun to scratch the surface of his potential. Harewood is someone who will need some time to develop, but he could end up paying big dividends down the line.

OT J’Marcus Webb, West Texas A&M (6-7, 335)

Although I’m always leery of former five-star prospects who don’t pan out at big-time programs and are forced to make their way at a lesser level, Webb has the kind of size and overall athleticism that are hard to ignore. There are questions about his character and overall willingness to be great, but he looks like an intriguing late-round pick with considerable upside.

OLB Adrian Tracy, William & Mary (6-3, 248)

A former defensive end who’s been asked to make the move to OLB during postseason all-star games, Tracy has shown very well. He showcases a good initial burst off the edge with the savvy and body control to set up his counter move and get after the passer. He’s another one of those small-school pass rushers with some upside as a 3-4 outside linebacker.

CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana (PA) (6-1, 205)

Owusu-Ansah is a tall, well-built cornerback who might be better suited to make the transition to free safety. However, the guy is a gifted athlete for his size, has a nose for the game and is really dynamic once he gets his hands on the ball. He’s currently nursing a shoulder injury that cost him some time during the 2009 season, but the skill set is there for this guy to move up draft boards with a couple of solid postseason performances.

I think most people here have heard of Bell and Veldheer since they played at Michigan schools. I have also heard of Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and J’Marcus Webb, but the others are new to me.

February 17th, 2010, 11:15 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Delmas 6-0 195 SS
Chancellor 6-4 228 FS

The Hokies are one of my favorite teams to watch, mainly because of the defenseive side of the ball. I like Chancellor and his draft is going to fall on his 40 time and how well he looks in DB drills. With that said I wouldn't consider him a "sleeper" but a possible steal if he goes later than mid-second round. He was the #2 or #3 FS by quite a few publications before the season began and he didn't really do anything to hurt that ranking. Thomas coming out might slip him back a little but unless he runs his 40 like an O-lineman or looks extremely stiff in drills the latest I can see him going is mid 3rd round.

February 17th, 2010, 6:39 pm
RIP Killer

I would like the Lions to nab Jim Cordle OC/OG in round 7 or UD. I think he has the ability to get stronger and get more experience to be be a great backup or even a starter at some point. He's played all positions on the line. He's not real huge or real strong at this point, but I think a good strength and conditioning coach could fix that.

February 24th, 2010, 4:12 pm
Varsity Captain

I saw Bell ran around a 4.6 which isnt great but I think he's still worth a look especially if hes still there around the 5th round.

March 2nd, 2010, 5:11 pm
RIP Killer

Veldheer is a physical freak at the position who’s going to run extremely well at this year’s combine and has the athletic skill set to match even the top prospects in the draft. He does have a bit of a learning curve and struggled at times vs. the jump in competition at this year's Texas vs. the Nation game. Overall, however, he’s a gifted kid with long arms, good natural strength for his size and has the upside to play on the left side in the NFL.

This guy intrigues me and he is a home state guy! At the combine he posted a 33 inch verticle, and tied for the top time inthe three-cone drill (7.4 sec) and 20-yard shuffle (4.51). He ran his 40 in 5.09 (4th best among OL), very quick and agile for such a big man. He also benched 32 times, not bad for such a tall guy - not sure of his wing span but has to be pretty wide.

He was considered the best lineman in Div II. He is a 3.0 GPA in Bio and considered a leader at Hillsdale on the field and in the weight room. He also impressed scouts with his Texas vs. The Nation bowl game.

I think he is a 3rd round talent based upon his rising draft stock at this point (could even go at end of round two) and would take a good long look at this kid. (I also think there will be a big drop off in OT talent around when he comes off the board).

That said, I've never seen a Hillsdale game so...

March 2nd, 2010, 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Smart guy, he is putting stuff up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUoHh8gupE <- holy shasta!

March 2nd, 2010, 6:55 pm
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:

This guy intrigues me and he is a home state guy! At the combine he posted a 33 inch verticle, and tied for the top time inthe three-cone drill (7.4 sec) and 20-yard shuffle (4.51). He ran his 40 in 5.09 (4th best among OL), very quick and agile for such a big man. He also benched 32 times, not bad for such a tall guy - not sure of his wing span but has to be pretty wide.

He was considered the best lineman in Div II. He is a 3.0 GPA in Bio and considered a leader at Hillsdale on the field and in the weight room. He also impressed scouts with his Texas vs. The Nation bowl game.

I think he is a 3rd round talent based upon his rising draft stock at this point (could even go at end of round two) and would take a good long look at this kid. (I also think there will be a big drop off in OT talent around when he comes off the board).

That said, I've never seen a Hillsdale game so...

33 inch arms on a guy 6'8" is kind of an issue. Defensive ends who can stay low in their stance and rip beneath him will get to his body easier. It's not a huge issue, in my book, but some will lower his value due to that. As long as he can stay low off the snap as well, it would be less of an issue.

March 2nd, 2010, 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next