View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Raiola and O-line 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Raiola and O-line
Given that the center is considered to be the "quarterback" of the o-line, calling the blocking assignments, does it seem like Raiola is getting it done? I don't recall any plays that the o-line completely blew assignments. (But remember, I live in Alaska and coverage here can be sparse). I have seen some plays where it looked like Raiola got blown up though. Did anyone else noticed that Backus had more than he could handle last week? I've also noticed McDougal a couple times this year, and any time an o-lineman gets noticed.....it's bad. Think it's just a matter of getting a chance to gel?

November 25th, 2004, 8:01 am
Baton Girl

McD is playing with a groin injury that has limited him in a big way.

November 25th, 2004, 11:13 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

I guess that I hadn't thought of that, but I suppose that woudl bring into question their depth at that position. Just hoope they can pull out a win today. I know that seems far-fetched, but bieng optimistic you see ways they can win. As long as they bring their A-game.

November 25th, 2004, 11:22 am
QB Coach

The play against Minnesota which Raiola was yelled at by Harrington was embarrassing. I knew from that play on Joey wasn't going to play well, as he was too pissed off. His passes were now inaccurate, and he was frustrated, throwing picks. We should move Woody to center, and get a few guards through free agency/draft.

December 1st, 2004, 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

The play against Minnesota which Raiola was yelled at by Harrington was embarrassing. I knew from that play on Joey wasn't going to play well, as he was too pissed off. His passes were now inaccurate, and he was frustrated, throwing picks. We should move Woody to center, and get a few guards through free agency/draft.

Sounds great to me. :)

December 2nd, 2004, 6:20 pm
RIP Killer

I agree with lionsfanak about Raiola. The guy has got to go. He is not a quality NFL center. He is in the final year of his contract and shouldn't be back in 05'.

The rest of the oline has been a dissappointment as well. Backus doesn't impress me, but he has one more year left on his contract so he isn't going anywhere. Loverne is a backup and not a starter. Woody hasn't lived up to the high expectations but I'm sure he will grade out as the Lions best blocker.

McDougle is the tough question along the line. He is in the final year of his contract and hasn't played great. He has had a number of nagging injuries that he has played through. With at least two other major holes (center and left guard) it may be tough for the Lions to not try to resign him (unless they have a lot of faith in Butler).

Lots of questions to be addressed this offseason along the oline with Backus and Woody being the only two likely starters again next year.

December 2nd, 2004, 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]