View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 GAME DAY THREAD: Colts 
RIP Killer

Post GAME DAY THREAD: Colts
Post any thoughts about the game here. Great play, bad play - post your thoughts during and after the Lions game against the Colts here.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!

:idea: Image :idea:

November 24th, 2004, 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

November 25th, 2004, 2:27 pm
Stadium Announcer

Thats right Mariucci, you are losing 34-9 with 10 minutes to play in the 3rd Qtr, but lets not abandon the run. It is really important that we get KJ his 100 yards while we are getting embarassed on national TV.

3-14 I'll bet Joey throws a 5 yard pass.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

November 25th, 2004, 3:53 pm
RIP Killer

pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. At least I still have turkey to look forward to...

November 25th, 2004, 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

Very horrible performance today. Disgracefull ugh..!

Yes turkey time! :idea:

GO STATE!
2005 Austin Regional Champs!
4/7 years Final Four apperances
5/7 years Elite 8 apperances

Michigan...
Missed 64 team tourney AND,NIT tourney(tourney for losers hahaha)

November 25th, 2004, 5:10 pm
Stadium Announcer

3-14 I'll bet Joey throws a 5 yard pass.

Actually it was 3rd and 13 and Joey threw a six yard pass. My bad!!

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

November 25th, 2004, 7:25 pm
RIP Killer

Some interesting quotes from Harrington after the game...

"I thought I played well up to that point," Harrington said. "We moved the ball well in the first half. We got into a tough spot when we got pinned deep to open the second half. It was one of those situations that got away from us." "We couldn't score touchdowns when we needed to," Harrington said. "Up until now, we've been a very good team at getting touchdowns from the red zone. It just didn't happen today." After the game, Mariucci reassured Harrington that he didn't have a quarterback change in mind. "He told me I'm the guy," Harrington said. "He told me I'm the starter."

The team looked to play a bit better once McMahon went in. I've never been a fan of Mike's but perhaps he should be given a start. They will play the Cardinals next week, that would be a nice team to make your first start of the season against.

November 26th, 2004, 1:05 am
Profile WWW
All State

now it's time to turn our attention to something we lions fan truly enjoy - free agency and the draft

November 26th, 2004, 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

The only reason that Mike looked any good was because Indy was playing their second stringers. I'll saw the same thing from Mike I've seen since he came here. Scramble, Fumble, Interception.

Althought the fumble and interception weren't really Mike's fault, I found it funny that these things still happen to him. I didn't think Harrington played horribly. What I did notice is, Indy has RECIEVERs. I watched that game and thought "If Harrington throws that exact same pass as Harrington people call for his head." But when Manning throws that pass, HIS RECIEVERS CATCH it and everyone praises Manning.

Our recievers just suck.

November 26th, 2004, 9:31 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Well...I don't much about Vines but he isn't a 1st stringer receiver and Mikey had no problem hitting him square in the hands to get a 1st down :roll:

Say what you want but in part of a quarter Mike had more completions then Joey had the entire game. He looked sharp IMO for a guy that has never had the opportunity that Joey has had. Pablo and I argue about it preseason and he goes back to the preseason where Mike did not play well but I am a what have you done for me lately kinda guy and Mike looked good no matter who he was playng against. 1st, 2nd , 3rd string I don't care he went 9 for 9 matching Joeys total completions. If Joeys asset is accuracy I would like to know what Mike was doing with Joeys asset. Not to mention several times when Mike rolled out and made plays that would have smothered Joey.

At the end of the day I would rather watch Mike cause it is at least exciting...if we are gonna lose at least make it fun to watch...you have to admit Mike looks like the Flash compared to Joey!

Anyways...I have been a Mike fan for years...but in the end I just want a quarterback who can help us win and Joey is not doing that...he is playing not to lose :?

Last edited by theAlphaMale on November 29th, 2004, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 27th, 2004, 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Water Boy

well i know for a fact that if we keep joey he needs to like take some reverse anger management classes. I wanna see intensity, and i want him to bring some heat to our lineup.

For lions fans sake whoops some rectum,

November 28th, 2004, 2:16 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

I have to agree with thealphamale in that Joey is playing not to lose. I think it may be time to shake things up and make some kind of change. I also have to agree that at-least Mike makes things exciting.

One thing that I noticed was that Mike made a couple of "confident" throws. The ones between 2 linebackers, and one that was long, but over the top, when the receiver was just behind the defender. You just don't see Joey attempt those passes very often.

It just might be time to give Mike a serious look.

November 28th, 2004, 1:30 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Another note. I have to say that the coaching staff let the team down on the first drive. The offensive line had the defense on it's heels, and they call 2 pass plays on 2nd and goal from the 2. If they shove the ball down Indy's throat like they had been doing, it changes the complexion of the game.

November 29th, 2004, 12:32 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I just wished we could have got touchdowns in the redzone instead of field goals. On brighter side the running game looked better.

I saw Elton Browns mom at the Virginia at Virginia Tech game this week. I told her that I hoped her son would be drafted by the lions. She looked at me in disgusted.

November 29th, 2004, 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]