View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 8:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dexter McCluster 
Team MVP

Post Dexter McCluster
Apparently he had a very good pro day, while running very fast in his 40. Should the Lions look at him in the second? Im guessing he'll be gone in the 3rd.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 27th, 2010, 12:01 pm
RIP Killer

I think you have to be prepared to establish him as a Percy Harvin style player in the offense. I don't really think he suits being a full time, or even part time pure RB.

Unless Linehan is prepared to use him in such a capacity, I'd say no. The Lions have many other needs, and I don't think McCluster is of value at #34. If he were bigger like Harvin, then I'd be inclined to say take him.

March 27th, 2010, 12:17 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think you take him at #66 if he makes it that far, and use him like PH as a Scatback / Slot receiver because of the value. That said, unless they get a FA G or CB 1st id rather they stick to stuff we actually need while still choosing based on value.

March 27th, 2010, 5:55 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I am not a McCluster fan per se. I say this because I've always been skeptical of undersized RBs. Sometimes, they work out like Sproles (I was really wrong on him), but most times they don't. Don't get me wrong, I like McCluster as a college player, but I just question how he'd hold up at the NFL level. Given the amount of needs that the Lions have, I don't think I'd take that chance at #66. Besides, I think he'd be better off as a slot WR in the NFL rather than RB.

March 27th, 2010, 7:30 pm
Heisman Winner

I agree so far with most. If Ryan Matthews doesn't fall to rd 2, and I don't think he will, I wait until at least rd 3 maybe 4. I'd rather see guys like Hardesty, Tate, or Dixon to tell the truth. Maybe McKnight from USC. I think the Lions will get the other lineman (OL or DL) that they don't take in rd 1 at the #2 spot. I'd love to see one of the CB we've been talking about there, but I don't think it will come to pass. Some of the DTs and LBs will drop, and the CBs will go in rd 1 if they are as good as we've been saying.

I'm pretty scared of small guys with concussion problems. A lot of the reason I didn't like the Sims pick all that much, but it hasn't been an issue so far. J. Best makes me nervous, but it seems from some sources that the Lions like him a lot.

March 27th, 2010, 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]