View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lion pre-draft visits 
Color Commentator - John Madden

I'm glad they're taking a look at Bell. I think he could be a good pick up for them. He catches the ball well out of the backfield, he does some special teams work as well as being a tough runner.

March 25th, 2010, 12:24 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

i priobably overdid it but I knew we had all that info in the other thread (I actually thought it was a few other threads hence the quotes rather than a link, but it mostly all came from 1 thread, and me pulling the stats from a stat site. But I do like the Kid and would love to see the Lions take him in the 5th.

March 25th, 2010, 1:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Perrish Cox: "I'm ready for this workoutOklahoma State cornerback eager for Tuesday's workout in Waco, Texas Aaron Wilson

Disappointed in himself after running much slower than expected at the NFL scouting combine, Oklahoma State cornerback Perrish Cox is intent on redeeming himself Tuesday at his Pro Day workout in his hometown of Waco, Tex.

Cox was timed in the high 4.5 to low 4.6 range at the combine.

Now, he predicts a much faster time.

"I'm going to run a 4.3 this time," Cox told the National Football Post in a telephone interview today. "A good time for me would be low 4.4. I've been working on this a lot. I've been ready for this for a minute.

"At the combine, I wasn't as ready as I should have been. I wasn't quite as prepared as I could have been. I basically hurt himself. I wasn't in the shape I am now."

The 5-foot-11, 195-pound defensive back and kick returner is scheduled to visit the Detroit Lions and the Tennessee Titans, two teams in need of a cornerback.

Cox, who played in the Senior Bowl, said he expects to improve his bench press from 12 repetitions at the combine to 16 repetitions.

Cox said the draft process has been a long one for him.

Cox wasn't allowed to work out at the Oklahoma State Pro Day or use their facilities because of his suspension for a pair of curfew violations at the Cotton Bowl.

"I have to be patient," he said. "I can't wait for Tuesday. My family is ready to see me do my thing."

Cox is a single father with three young children. His oldest child is a boy and the two younger children are girls.

"Being a family man is very important to me," Cox said. "That's why I've got to do my thing. I want to help my family out and do the right thing."

Cox is a highly regarded prospect who said at the combine that he faced a lot of scrutiny from NFL scouts about the curfew violation.

Cox visited his girlfriend then got caught in traffic and missed curfew.

“That’s one of the main things they harass with me," Cox said. "It’s kind of tough. I’m used to it. It was a
mistake. Something I did wrong. I shouldn’t have left in the first place. I’ve gotten used to it.
I kind of knew that was going to happen.

“I tell them straight up, it was my fault. I shouldn’t have left. I take all the blame for it. Coach did what he had to do. He wanted to suspend me for the game. I had to accept it. If I wouldn’t have left, it wouldn’t have happened. I take all the blame for it.”

Cox acknowledged that he had two curfew violations. One of them was 30 minutes past curfew.

"I think that’s why our head coach made the decision he had to make," Cox said. "It happened, first time we got there that Sunday. Me and a few other guys on the team, we decided to go out, didn’t have practice the next day. We came in after curfew that day. Got caught.

"Got suspended for it, well, didn’t get suspended that time. He gave us other punishments. We actually went in the next few days and talked to him, got punishments, and he gave it all back. Happened again on New Year’s Eve. I went out again and got caught on curfew.”

Cox was also arrested for driving with a suspended license during college.

"I was arrested for driving with a suspended license at one point from an old ticket," he said. "Other than that, I'm good."
Cox, who signed with the Cowboys after being offered scholarships by LSU, Nebraska and Oklahoma, returned a kickoff 96 yards for a touchdown as a true freshman.

As a junior, he ran back a kickoff 90 yards for a touchdown against Washington State and he recorded 32 tackles, eight pass deflections and two interceptions.

A semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe award given to the nation's top defensive back, Cox intercepted four passes as a senior.

For his career, he returned five kickoffs for touchdowns.

Add Perrish Cox to the list. He could be an option in the 3rd round if they didn't select a CB in the 2nd.

March 27th, 2010, 11:03 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Add Perrish Cox to the list. He could be an option in the 3rd round if they didn't select a CB in the 2nd.

+1

March 27th, 2010, 5:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Lions | Graham scheduled to visit
Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:46:57 -0700

Omar Kelly, of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports the Detroit Lions are scheduled to meet with University of Miami (Fla.) TE Jimmy Graham next week.

This is the second TE that they've scheduled a meeting with now. I'm kinda surprised since I thought they would go with Pettigrew, Heller, and Gronkowski this season. Perhaps, Pettigrew won't be ready for the start of the season or else they aren't sold on Gronkowski. I don't know.

March 29th, 2010, 8:46 am
Div 1 - Starter

KFFL wrote:

Omar Kelly, of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports the Detroit Lions are scheduled to meet with University of Miami (Fla.) TE Jimmy Graham next week.

This is the second TE that they've scheduled a meeting with now. I'm kinda surprised since I thought they would go with Pettigrew, Heller, and Gronkowski this season. Perhaps, Pettigrew won't be ready for the start of the season or else they aren't sold on Gronkowski. I don't know.

Don't really understand this myself. Both reasons are possible. What I do know is that I'd be really disappointed to see them draft a TE this year. I understand and accept BPA as a good strategy for them at this point but they pulled two last season. Even if Pettigrew isn't ready at the beginning of the season they need to think long term here.

March 29th, 2010, 10:19 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

KFFL wrote:

I feel it is relevant to note that in Linehan's first draft as HC of the Rams they selected two TEs in rounds 1-3.

March 29th, 2010, 11:37 pm

KFFL wrote:

Or perhaps both are true, which would make TE a position of need--at least until Pettigrew is fully healthy again.

March 30th, 2010, 12:10 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Cornerback, kick returner to visit Lions

By CARLOS MONARREZ
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

The National Football Post reported Tuesday that Oklahoma State cornerback and kickoff returner Perrish Cox is scheduled to visit the Lions and the Tennessee Titans.

Cox, 5-feet-11 and 195 pounds, is listed as the sixth-rated cornerback draft prospect by Scouts Inc. Cox had four interceptions as a senior and was a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe award as the nation’s top defensive back.

Cox was arrested and charged with driving with a suspended license in September. Later in the season, he was suspended for curfew violations at the Cotton Bowl and as a result was not allowed to participate in the Cowboys’ recent pro day. Cox, 23, also is a single father of three children.

"Being a family man is very important to me," Cox told the National Football Post. "That’s why I’ve got to do my thing. I want to help my family out and do the right thing."

I'm glad they're bringing in Cox, I think he can be a valuable addition to the Lions. His character is obviously a concern and if they bring in Pacman there could be some very poor decision makers in that defensive backfield.

March 31st, 2010, 2:30 pm
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
KFFL wrote:

Or perhaps both are true, which would make TE a position of need--at least until Pettigrew is fully healthy again.

And, they may not be sold on Heller starting out as the #1, as BP may start the season on the PUP

March 31st, 2010, 8:21 pm

KFFL wrote:
NFL | Troup receiving interest
Fri, 02 Apr 2010 10:35:12 -0700

Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports the Cleveland Browns, New Orleans Saints, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings and St. Louis Rams have invited Central Florida DT Torrell Troup for an official visit or have asked for a private workout. Troup is also receiving interest from the Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars and New England Patriots.

NFL | Karim receiving interest
Fri, 02 Apr 2010 10:15:21 -0700

Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports the San Diego Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars and Detroit Lions are among the seven teams that have invited Southern Illinois RB Deji Karim for an official visit or have requested a private workout.

NFL | Batten receiving interest
Fri, 02 Apr 2010 10:12:04 -0700

Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports the Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, Green Bay Packers and Cincinnati Bengals are among the six teams that are scheduled to meet with South Dakota State DE Danny Batten. The Detroit Lions, St. Louis Rams and Philadelphia Eagles are among the five teams that are scheduled to hold a private workout with Batten.

April 3rd, 2010, 1:34 pm

Oklahoma offensive tackle Trent Williams visited the Detroit Lions facility today, surprised by the warm weather that greeted him when he arrived.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/article-1/Trent-Williams-Visits-Detroit/4c5b75b8-2dad-4f00-9d3a-b759b0c51f0e

April 6th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Pair of UConn prospects lining up visits. Easley, McClain gaining steam with draft two weeks away Brad Biggs
April 06, 2010 A pair of Connecticut players is getting increased interest with the draft fast approaching.

Wide receiver Marcus Easley and cornerback Robert McClain are in demand right now as teams from around the league get a closer look at them with the draft 16 days off. Easley will visit the New York Jets today, per a league source. They showed enough interest in him to send wide receivers coach Henry Ellard to his pro day last month.

Easley will work out for the Cincinnati Bengals later this week. He had workouts last week for the Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles.

McClain, who is also getting substantial interest from special teams coaches as a punt returner, will work out for the Indianapolis Colts today. He worked out for the San Francisco 49ers on Monday. On Wednesday, he will work out for special teams coaches from New England and Philadelphia at the same time. The Patriots already had an on-campus visit with McClain.

Later, McClain has official visits lined up with Houston, Detroit and Jacksonville. Some teams are looking at him as a cornerback while others are talking about his special teams capabilities first. Watches had him as fast as 4.42 second in the 40-yard dash at his pro day.

I'll be honest and say that I've never heard of this guy. Possible Mr. Irrelevant?

April 6th, 2010, 5:02 pm
QB Coach

PFT's post on Trent Williams visiting the Lions:

Quote:
Lions announce visit from Trent Williams
Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2010 4:49 PM ET
Williams_Body_040610.jpgThe process of pre-draft visits to team headquarters provides little insight into a team's actual likes or dislikes. Many teams leak the information regarding visits in order to throw off their competitors. Other teams guard the information zealously, providing an anesthesia-free colostomy to any agent who leaks the information to the media.

The Lions, who have made known their interest in trading out of the No. 2 slot in the 2010 draft, have made no attempt to hide the fact that they have hosted tackle Trent Williams. Surprisingly, they've announced it.

Indeed, the team's official web site proclaims that Williams visited the team's facility on Tuesday.

Williams is regarded as one of the top three or four tackles in the draft, behind the likes of Russell Okung of Oklahoma State and Bryan Bulaga of Iowa, and on par with Anthony Davis of Rutgers. But while Russ Lande of Sporting News has projected the Lions as taking Williams with the second overall selection in the draft, that seems a little high.

Silva has Williams going to the Raiders with the eighth overall selection.

Regardless of the Lions' plans, they're making no bones about the visit from Williams, which makes us wonder whether they're trying to conceal the fact that they're more interested in someone else.

Especially if the Lions eventually move behind a team like the Redskins, which desperately needs a left tackle.

April 6th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Source: Patrick Robinson to visit Titans, Vikings, Lions, Browns and the Chargers. Florida State cornerback has previously visited Jets and Buccaneers Aaron Wilson
April 06, 2010
Now that Florida State cornerback Patrick Robinson has completed his visit with the New York Jets, he has several other upcoming trips this week.

Robinson is slated to visit the Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings, Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns and the San Diego Chargers in a five-day, five-city tour, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Robinson, who clocked a 4.38 in the 40-yard dash at the Seminoles' Pro Day workout, has also conducted a private workout for the Browns.

Regarded as a potential first-round draft pick, Robinson has previously visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Green Bay Packers are another team on his itinerary.

Robinson's workout was attended by San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary, Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Greg Mattison and Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer.

Robinson is regarded as a potential first-round draft pick.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder ran a 4.46 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine, also bench pressing 225 pounds 15 times and posted a 39-inch vertical leap and a 10-2 broad jump.

He registered 47 tackles and 11 pass deflections last season and intercepted six passes back in 2007.

Even though I'm not a big Patrick Robinson fan, I wouldn't complain if they selected him at #34, or shortly thereafter if they traded down a few spots.

April 7th, 2010, 11:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next