View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Dream draft scenarios. 
RIP Killer

The CRams pissed to get McCoy at #3? Don't think so. I'd be thrilled.

March 31st, 2010, 8:23 pm
RIP Killer

Say what you will, here is my dream draft scenario:

1st: Trade down with Seattle for #6, second, and Sims
#6: Berry
#34: CB (whoever falls, maybe Devin McCourt?) or J. Best RB
#60: Trade for Gaither
#66: Dwyer if no Best, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah if no CB
#100: Shiply
#133: Hardy DE

The rest... just pick the guys who fell. I won't even try and figure out who that is.
Add Pacman via FA and I would wet my pants...

April 3rd, 2010, 8:29 pm
Team MVP

The rest... just pick the guys who fell. I won't even try and figure out who that is.

I too would love that scenario!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 4th, 2010, 8:56 pm
RIP Killer

Question: who would Seattle be trading up with us for? With their trade for Whitehurst, I highly doubt it would be for Clausen. Okung is a distinct possibility. I don't think they would move up for Suh or McCoy, do you?

Just wondering....

Getting Sims, Gaither, Berry and McCourty would be great. With McCourty already selected, I'd look at the #66 pick for a DT or DE....maybe Cam Thomas or Lamarr Houston, or for a RB it could be Joe McKnight, who I think will be pretty good as an NFL back.

I don't agree with Shipley in the fourth. I'd rather see us take a pure speed receiver like Jacoby Ford or Marcus Easley. In the fifth round, whoever the best player available is....same with seventh round. I don't see Greg Hardy getting beyond the third round.

April 4th, 2010, 9:03 pm
Junior Varsity

Well I liked the Sims pickup and figure to spread the love by giving people another mock draft to set on fire.... so enjoy!

#2) Suh (DT)
#34) McCourty (CB)(if he isn't there I'd be happy to trade down and get Ghee, Owusu-Ansah or Cox + an extra 3rd/4th rd pick)
#66) Ducasse, Saffold, maybe Veldheer (OT) If none are left I'd also accept either Stuckey or Asante (SS)
#100) Joique Bell, Deji Karim, Blount or Gerhart (RB) I'd be happy with any of the above and expect at least 1 to fall this far.
#133) Sims! Thanks Seattle :)
I'd use both our tradeable 7th rounders (#214 + the Seattle pick, #255 being compensatory) to move up as far as necessary to acquire John Connor (FB)
#255) At a bit of a loss for this one. Depending on who's still on the board I'd consider Mickey Shuler (TE), added depth while Pettigrew fully recovers or best CB/SS depending.

A little offense heavy but with our first two round going to defense in addition to our offseason acquisitions I'd be fine with it.

April 5th, 2010, 6:01 pm
RIP Killer

We could trade our 7th and the 7th from the chickens to maybe move into the 6th.

April 5th, 2010, 8:51 pm
Team MVP

We convinced the Redskins that Okung is going to be our pick, but agreed to trade with them. What do you think of trading our #2 for their #4 + Haynesworth??

That would bring him back with Schwartz AND Vanden Bosch. We then could take Eric Berry or maybe Spiller? The Skins already made it clear they would be willing to trade Haynesworth.

Just a thought.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 6th, 2010, 9:25 am
Modmin Dude

WHAT IF....(i doubt it but..)

We convinced the Redskins that Okung is going to be our pick, but agreed to trade with them. What do you think of trading our #2 for their #4 + Haynesworth??

That would bring him back with Schwartz AND Vanden Bosch. We then could take Eric Berry or maybe Spiller? The Skins already made it clear they would be willing to trade Haynesworth.

Just a thought.

No thanks. We might as well keep #2 in this scenario because we'll paying about the same amount to Haynesworth but on a much younger player

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 6th, 2010, 9:33 am
Junior Varsity

You can't trade comp picks.

We could trade our 7th and the 7th from the chickens to maybe move into the 6th.

If this was in reply to me that is *exactly* what I said. Both our TRADEABLE 7th rounders, #214 + the Seattle pick- which would be #213 (hadn't looked up the exact pick at that point).

And I'd have to second the "no on Haynesworth" scenario. Big contract + bad attitude= no thanks.

April 6th, 2010, 10:07 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

This is my Dream Draft although it is unrealistic.

Rams draft Suh
Cleveland trades up for Brandford giving us 2 3rds
Philly wants Morgan so they trade up to 7 giving there later 2nd
Cardinals want to trade down becuase top tier OT are gone. Trade them #55 and #66 for #26

1-RB Ryan Matthews
1-FS Earl Thomas
2-CB Kareem Jackson
3-OL Jared Veldheer
3-DT Tarrel Troup
4-TE Jimmy Graham
7-FB John Conner
7-DE David Batten
7-CB Rafael Priest

I explained all my picks but my post messed up.

April 6th, 2010, 11:51 am
RIP Killer

Detroit trades down with Tampa Bay, who moves up to get Ndamukong Suh. They give picks #3, 42 and 172 for picks #2 and 100.

Then, San Francisco moves up to get their LT of the future ahead of Washington with us, trading picks #13, 17 and 113 for #3

(hey, it's a dream draft scenario......)

The first 12 picks go:
STL - Bradford
TB - Suh
SF - Okung
WAS - T. Williams
KC - Bulaga
SEA - McCoy
CLE - Berry
OAK - Davis
BUF - Clausen
JAX - Morgan
DEN - Bryant
MIA - Kindle

Then our pick could be
DET - RB C.J. Spiller

Then the draft continues
SEA - Haden
NYG - D. Williams
TEN - Pierre-Paul

Then our second pick could be
DET - FS Earl Thomas

From then on our draft looks like this:
34 - CB Patrick Robinson
42 - OT Roger Saffold
66 - DT Cam Thomas
113 - DE Austen Lane
172 - LB Cory Greenwood

Then we trade our back to back 7th rounders to Jacksonville for their sixth rounder

180 - CB Patrick Stoudamire

And finally, Mr. Irrelevant:

255 - WR Trindon Holliday

April 6th, 2010, 2:28 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Here's mine, but I tried to stay realistic...

Trade #34 and switch 1st round picks with Washington for Haynesworth

Rd 1 - Eric Berry (Safety - Tennessee)

Rd 3 - Jonathan Dwyer (RB - Georgia Tech)

Rd 4 - Zane Beadles (OT - Utah)

Rd 6 (Via trade w/ 2 7th rd picks) - Trevard Lindley (CB - Kentucky)

Rd 7 - John Connor (FB - Kentucky)

I would then seriously look at bringing in both Pac Man and Lito Shepphard. Our defense would look like this

Houston------------DeVries/Hunter--Williams--Haynesworth--Vandenbosch--------Sheppard/Jones
Wade-----------------------------------Hill------Fluellen/Cohen-----Avril-------------------Lindley

-----------Peterson-------------------------------Levy--------------------------Sims
-----------Follett--------------------------------Johnson-------------------------Dizon

-------Berry----------------------------------------------------------------------Delmas
------Simpson-------------------------------------------------------------------Bullocks

Offense:

Johnson-----------Backus--Sims--Raiola--Peterman--Cherilus--Pettigrew--------Burleson
Johnson-----------Beadles--Ramirez--------Schuenning--Jansen---Heller----------Northcut
--------------------------------------------------------------------------Gronkowski-----------Williams

---------------------------------------Stafford
---------------------------------------Hill
---------------------------------------Stanton

----------------------------------------------------------Connor
----------------------------------------------------------Felton
--------------------------------------Dwyer
--------------------------------------Smith
---------------------------------------Brown/Morris

April 18th, 2010, 5:06 pm
Baton Girl

dream draft is suh at #2, then trade our 2nd round pick to the Pats for 2 of their 2nd round picks. Take Saffold OT from indiana, and a cb with those picks. Although rumour that saffold could go anywhere from late first to late second.

April 19th, 2010, 5:55 pm
QB Coach

I've been working on this one a little bit and with the Sims trade I had to alter it some. Kinda complex so I hope I didn't screw it up.

Trade down to #7 with Cleveland and get #71, #85 and #146(I can't see them giving all three thirds considering they now have no 4th rounder)

Then trade #34, #85 and #214 for #22. Then trade #66 and #71 for #41 and #216.

#7 Eric Berry S
#22 Kyle Wilson CB
#41 Daryl Washington WLB
#100 Austen Lane DE
#146 Blount or Bell RB
#213John Conner FB
#216 Ramon Harewood OL
#220 Vince Oghobaase DT
#255: Keaton Kristick LB

That gives us legitimate starters next to Delmas and Houston in the secondary, a replacement for Sims, depth along the lines, a starter/someone to split carries with Smith at RB and a better run blocking full back.

April 19th, 2010, 6:21 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Dream draft scenarios.
More talk of trade?

Quote:
NFL Draft Expert Podcast: Rick Gosselin sees opportunities for Detroit Lions to trade down
By Philip Zaroo | MLive.com
April 20, 2010, 7:01AM
With the NFL shifting its draft from a two-day to three-day format, most experts are predicting an increase in trade activity, thanks to the extra day teams will have to regroup, review their draft boards and fall in love with that one special player.

So there's a chance Detroit Lions fans could get their wish for the ever-elusive "trade down."

This isn't a scenario where the team should do anything it can pick up extra picks, though, warns Rick Gosselin. The NFL draft expert and columnist for the Dallas Morning News thinks the Lions will get offers for their top picks on both Friday and Saturday morning.

"But remember," Gosselin explained, "every time you trade down, you wind up with a player of lesser value.

"If I could get a pair of twos for the 34th pick, I'd do it. But I wouldn't trade my four. I think the board falls off dramatically in the third day of this draft. I'd be looking for quality in the third day, not quantity."

Gosselin agrees with those who think this draft is deep, but only to an extent. The depth is more specific to particular positions, not the draft as a whole.

"Now contrary to what you may have heard or read," he said, "this is not the greatest draft since 1983. I think it's an average draft.

"Some areas are very strong – defensive line, tight end, defensive backfield – but I think there's a real lack of depth at offensive line, quarterback, running back and linebacker. It's a three-round draft. You have to maximize what you get in the first three rounds."

If Gosselin is correct – and when it comes to the NFL draft, they don't call him "The Master of the Mock" for nothing – the Lions are set up nicely to take advantage.

Detroit has the second pick in each of the first four rounds, which will give it access to the draft's top talent Gosselin talks about. After that, it has four picks in the seventh – nothing to write home about, but at least the Lions have multiple opportunities to uncover a hidden gem.

Hear which player Gosselin thinks the Lions should draft with the No. 2 overall pick by listening to the full interview below:

April 20th, 2010, 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next