View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 5:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Battle for Playoffs?!?! 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Battle for Playoffs?!?!
Seems wierd just typing that but its true. While they are on a nice streak now and all the players are somewhat healthy it has come down to this last part of the season. I don't know about the rest of you but this regular season has been exciting. Wings didnt simply cakewalk through the season and have had to earn it. Jimmy Howard face washing Sid the Beatch was great. Anyone see him tuck tail and run when Bertuzzi showed up. CLASSIC!!!!

GO WINGS!!!! :idea: :arrow: :arrow: :idea:

March 25th, 2010, 12:46 am
RIP Killer

They have the 8th seed and can easily move ahead of colorado.

they play nashville twice, so they could easily bump ahead of the preds.

could be looking at a 5th seed by the end of the season, which would be awesome.

March 25th, 2010, 10:30 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

I havent been this excited to watch Red Wings hockey since the late 90's.
After giving up a 4-0 lead the oilers came back to tie. Thank god for Pavel and a close high sticking goal by Stuart. 5th seed here we come!!!!

March 31st, 2010, 11:32 am
Modmin Dude

They're playing lights out, that's for sure. Right now they're in 6th with 95pts....only 1 pt back of the Preds, who they play tomorrow.

Let's go Red Wings!!!!
headbang.gif

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 2nd, 2010, 3:25 pm
RIP Killer

They're playing lights out, that's for sure. Right now they're in 6th with 95pts....only 1 pt back of the Preds, who they play tomorrow.

Let's go Red Wings!!!!
headbang.gif

and the preds have played 2 games more than the wings. even if the wings lose to the preds, they could still pass them if they win the 2 extra games

April 2nd, 2010, 9:10 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Prior to the Olympics, I was worried that the Wings wouldn't even make the playoffs. Now, they seem to be a virtual lock with a 6 point lead over 9th place Calgary. Also, during the last game, the announcers said that the Wings have the best record in hockey since the Olympic break. I didn't know that. Great time to get on a roll.

April 3rd, 2010, 2:05 pm
QB Coach

Well that sucked. Tied it up with 40 seconds and then lose that quickly in OT. Oh well we can still move up if we keep winning.

April 3rd, 2010, 4:39 pm
RIP Killer

Well that sucked. Tied it up with 40 seconds and then lose that quickly in OT. Oh well we can still move up if we keep winning.

Preds have 2 games on the Wings with only a 2 point lead. I don't see the Wings playing like rectum for the rest of the games and NOT beating Nashville out for the 5th spot. Although I'd rather the Wings not play Phoenix - they've been awesome as of late.

April 4th, 2010, 12:02 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Ya the cyotes have been lights out as of late. Would be a fun series. Ozzy didnt look good today. I've still got faith in him if we need him

April 4th, 2010, 11:29 pm

In case you didn't know, the Wings have made the playoffs. Now, I'm hoping that they get the 6th seed so they can play Vancouver. The Wings are 3-0-1 against them this season and they have played like crap lately. Seems to me like their best chance to advance.

April 6th, 2010, 1:36 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

cyotes it is. I say wings in 6. stinks they play so late but it's still playoff hockey!!!!

:cheers:

April 13th, 2010, 9:04 pm

The Wings were 2-0-2 against Phoenix this year, so it's basically even. However, the Wings weren't exactly healthy when they played them, so things could be different this time around. The Coyotes aren't a high powered team, so they play tight defense and try to keep games close. This should lead to some 2-1 or 3-2 games in the series, but I still expect the Wings to win in 6.

April 13th, 2010, 11:19 pm
RIP Killer

Ilya Bryzgalov was a stud in the regular season, especially towards the end of the season.

If the Wings make it to the conference finals and don't roll over...Jimmy H will be getting some serious Calder Trophy love.

April 14th, 2010, 8:39 am
Pop Warner Vet

anyone watching this game right now? this is intense stuff.
5 goals in 3 minutes and 58 seconds...

April 16th, 2010, 11:39 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Yippee, what a game. Z man looked great and the abdelkater goal was sweet. Suck my hockey stick SHANE DOAN ya duchbag!!!

ROCK ON WINGS!!!!

April 17th, 2010, 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next