View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lion pre-draft visits 
Color Commentator - John Madden

National Football Post wrote:
Source: Patrick Robinson to visit Titans, Vikings, Lions, Browns and the Chargers. Florida State cornerback has previously visited Jets and Buccaneers Aaron Wilson
April 06, 2010
Now that Florida State cornerback Patrick Robinson has completed his visit with the New York Jets, he has several other upcoming trips this week.

Robinson is slated to visit the Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings, Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns and the San Diego Chargers in a five-day, five-city tour, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Robinson, who clocked a 4.38 in the 40-yard dash at the Seminoles' Pro Day workout, has also conducted a private workout for the Browns.

Regarded as a potential first-round draft pick, Robinson has previously visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Green Bay Packers are another team on his itinerary.

Robinson's workout was attended by San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary, Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Greg Mattison and Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer.

Robinson is regarded as a potential first-round draft pick.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder ran a 4.46 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine, also bench pressing 225 pounds 15 times and posted a 39-inch vertical leap and a 10-2 broad jump.

He registered 47 tackles and 11 pass deflections last season and intercepted six passes back in 2007.

Even though I'm not a big Patrick Robinson fan, I wouldn't complain if they selected him at #34, or shortly thereafter if they traded down a few spots.

I agree, I really think they need to address CB in the second round more then any other position group.

April 9th, 2010, 1:44 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

If there's a run on corners late in the 1st, we won't get one of the better ones. Doesn't really matter, Lions will be going BPA.

April 9th, 2010, 4:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

It's no mystery we need CB help but we also need O-lineman, an LB or 2, a DE, and RB. Our secondary HAS to have players like Marvin White, Ko Simpson, and Word-Daniels to step up, which could happen if we get to the QB. What about Pacman? We'll need to exhaust all options in the secondary this season no matter who we take in the second round. Although I definetely think we have to go secondary in the 2nd round.

April 9th, 2010, 4:23 pm
RIP Killer

I wish we would just sign him to vet minimum and cut him when it doesn't make sense.

April 9th, 2010, 4:42 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

KFFL wrote:
NFL | C. Brown has visited with two teams
Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:13:03 -0700

Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports Southern California OT Charles Brown said he has visited with the Buffalo Bills and Detroit Lions this past week.

April 12th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Detroit Free Press wrote:
Virginia Tech safety has visited Lions
By NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Virginia Tech safety Kam Chancellor visited Detroit Lions headquarters last week as one of the 30 prospects the team can bring in before the NFL draft.

Chancellor is projected to be a second- to fourth-round pick. He was a team captain for the Hokies in 2009, known for his smarts and character. At 6-feet-3 and 231 pounds, he also could move to outside linebacker

I've also heard rumors of a couple more, but haven't been able to verify them yet.

April 12th, 2010, 3:55 pm
NFL Team Captain

What kind of speed does Chancellor have. Ball skills?

I have a couple of friends that speak highly of him but don't give any reasons other than he is a good ballplayer ( I think they just like his name).

I love the guys size, can he carry a bit more weight. We do need another LB, but I'd really like to have a SS that big.

April 12th, 2010, 6:50 pm
Found one more:
By NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Virginia Tech safety Kam Chancellor visited Detroit Lions headquarters last week as one of the 30 prospects the team can bring in before the NFL draft.

Chancellor is projected to be a second- to fourth-round pick. He was a team captain for the Hokies in 2009, known for his smarts and character. At 6-feet-3 and 231 pounds, he also could move to outside linebacker

I've also heard rumors of a couple more, but haven't been able to verify them yet.

I like Chancellor a lot. I wonder what position they're targeting him as?

April 12th, 2010, 7:32 pm
RIP Killer

He sure is big for a Safety. I wouldn't think they'd use a 2-4 on a guy they didn't think they could start. I'd imagine they would try and move him to LB since we have a starting strong safety and need more of a FS.

April 12th, 2010, 7:38 pm
RIP Killer

What kind of speed does Chancellor have. Ball skills?

I have a couple of friends that speak highly of him but don't give any reasons other than he is a good ballplayer ( I think they just like his name).

I love the guys size, can he carry a bit more weight. We do need another LB, but I'd really like to have a SS that big.

Kam Chancellor doesn't have tremendous speed, but he's got decent wheels. He's tall, so he takes long strides. He has pretty good instincts in coverage, and seems to be a good hitter and tackler. I think he'd be good as a fourth round pick for the Lions if they haven't addressed the safety spot and no other player of value is on the board at RB, CB or on either line.

April 12th, 2010, 8:21 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Found one more:
By NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Rumors of who?

April 12th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Stallion, I prefer not to post rumors I've heard at other message boards, blogs, or small websites because they're generally not very reliable. In this thread, I've only posted visits that have been reported by newspapers or major websites like ESPN, PFT, KFFL, NFP, etc. With that said, the two rumored visits I've heard were by Jason Pierre-Paul and Joe McKnight, but they haven't been verified by a legit source. Take it for what it's worth.

Here's another one though:
scout.com wrote:
Lions To Host Ragin' Cajuns DE Davis
This story originally published on ScoutNFLNetwork.com

By Chris Steuber
Scout.com NFL Draft Analyst
Posted Apr 12, 2010

Scout.com's NFL Draft Analyst Chris Steuber has learned that the Detroit Lions will host Louisiana-Lafayette defensive end Hall Davis on an official visit.

The Detroit Lions were one of the most active teams this offseason acquiring players. They added two former Seattle Seahawks to their offense: wide receiver Nate Burleson (signed as a free agent) and guard Rob Sims (via trade), but it was on defense where they made an impact. The Lions signed former Tennessee Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch, and traded for former Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Corey Williams and former Atlanta Falcons cornerback Chris Houston.

Those three additions should bolster a woeful 2009 defensive unit.

Looking ahead to the draft, it’s probable that the Lions use the second overall pick to select Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh. It’s important that the Lions continue to stock up on defense, and by adding Suh it will only make things in Detroit that much better. But, the Lions should also look to add depth to their defensive line, and a player that the Lions may have their eyes on in the mid rounds is Louisiana-Lafayette defensive end Hall Davis. Scout.com has learned that the Lions will bring in the former Ragin’ Cajuns star for a visit on April 13th and 14th.

A two-year starter at Louisiana-Lafayette, Davis recorded 22 tackles, 4.5 for a loss, three sacks and an interception this past year. The 6-foot-4, 271-pound Davis was invited to the Scouting Combine and performed well in front of scouts; he ran a 4.84 in the 40 and benched 225 pounds 28 times. Davis didn’t participate in the vertical jump at the Combine, but he showcased his hops at his Pro Day on March 16th and posted a 34.5-inch vertical. At his Pro Day, Davis pulle

April 13th, 2010, 11:59 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Here's another one:
KFFL wrote:
NFL | C. Brown has visited with two teams
Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:13:03 -0700

Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports Southern California OT Charles Brown said he has visited with the Buffalo Bills and Detroit Lions this past week.

Please let this guy fall to the 2nd round... If we pull Suh and Brown, I'd be ecstatic...

April 14th, 2010, 10:34 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I don't know if Brown fits Schwartz's physical style lineman. He's a bit undersized at 290 something and his strength is questionable.

April 14th, 2010, 10:51 am

It looks like the Lions are serious about adding another TE:
National Football Post wrote:
Source: Aaron Hernandez visiting the Lions Florida tight end making the rounds Aaron Wilson
April 14, 2010, 09:54 AM EST University of Florida junior tight end Aaron Hernandez is visiting the Detroit Lions today, according to a source close to the program with knowledge of the situation.

Hernandez won the John Mackey Award given to the nation’s top tight end last season.

He caught 68 passes for 850 yards and five touchdowns as Tim Tebow’s primary target.

In 29 career starts, Hernandez generated 111 receptions for 1,382 yards and a dozen touchdowns.

The 6-foot-3, 245-pounder has run the 40-yard dash between 4.58 and 4.63 seconds and bench pressed 225 pounds 30 times. He has also registered a 33-inch vertical leap and a 9-3 broad jump.

Hernandez has been graded as a potential second-round draft pick by several draft analysts.

April 14th, 2010, 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next