View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Willingham fired 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Willingham fired
What do you think? Did he deserve it?

I think that N.D. was embarrased by the fact that under his tenure, Willingham lost 5 games by 30 or more. When they hired him I was worried because I was sure that they would become a powerhouse again. Glad I was wrong. (Although they put the whuppin on Big Blue this year) But this time around, they may land someone like Meyer, and that could be trouble.

Whether he deserved it or not, I don't know but apparently N.D. expects more. I just wish Michigan wouldn't settle for Big Ten titles and would expect more.[/i]

November 30th, 2004, 9:09 pm
All State

deserve it, i don't think so. he only had 3 years at notre dame and had a decent record, a stong graduation rate and was turning the program around. notre dame still thinks they are the dominant force they used to be, unjustly so imo.

December 1st, 2004, 1:05 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I don't think it was fair. He is playing with the players that Bob Davie recruited, and once his players that Ty recruited start gaining experience recruited (Brady Quinn, Darius Walker), then the team will improve.

December 1st, 2004, 1:17 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Ty started 8-0 his first season and was then put on the cover of SI, that (as usual) marked the start of the downfall.

Notre Dame finished that season 2-3, went onto a 5-7 record last year and 6-5 record this year.

Humm, pre-SI cover 8-0, post-SI cover 13-15 - I blame Sports Illustrated.

:lol:

December 1st, 2004, 10:38 am
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

If that's all it takes then I know a couple of coaches I would like to see grace the cover of S.I.

December 1st, 2004, 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]