View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 3:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Draft Day Thread 
Varsity 1st Team

Post Re: Draft Day Thread
m2karateman wrote:
Olskoolg74 wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if local players like Donovan Warren, Joique Bell, Blair White, and even Greg Matthews were signed by the Lions as UDFAs.

I agree I expect to see everyone of those players signed by the Lions.

Sorry to disappoint, but Donovan Warren has already signed with the Jets.

You have to remember, just because those guys played in the state of Michigan, doesn't mean they live in the state of Michigan.

Also, I could see some of those guys being upset because the Lions DID have a chance to draft them and chose not to.

Err ... They sure signed somewhere. Oh well life of a Lions fan.

April 25th, 2010, 10:55 am
Profile YIM
QB Coach

Do all the picks make the roster? Suh, Best and Spievey are locks. Fox should make it as a backup tackle. Young might have a hard time considering we have DeVries, Hunter, Avril and Vandenbosch at DE. Toone has a shot if we cut Northcutt or Bryant.

April 25th, 2010, 5:44 pm
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Do all the picks make the roster? Suh, Best and Spievey are locks. Fox should make it as a backup tackle. Young might have a hard time considering we have DeVries, Hunter, Avril and Vandenbosch at DE. Toone has a shot if we cut Northcutt or Bryant.

I don't think Toone has an ice cubes chance in a blast furnace. All the others, I feel, have a shot. Young could make it as a fifth DE, depending upon how many DTs Schwartz keeps. If he keeps four DTs, then they might keep five DEs, with Devries actually being a swing type player. It will all depend on how well Young does versus Turk McBride. They might just keep Turk so that they can put Willie on the practice squad. I think Fox is a shoe in as a backup tackle on the left side. I can see him pushing Cherilus for the starting job on the right side. Jansen might even end up being the cut casualty.

April 25th, 2010, 6:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

I don't think Toone has an ice cubes chance in a blast furnace. All the others, I feel, have a shot. Young could make it as a fifth DE, depending upon how many DTs Schwartz keeps. If he keeps four DTs, then they might keep five DEs, with Devries actually being a swing type player. It will all depend on how well Young does versus Turk McBride. They might just keep Turk so that they can put Willie on the practice squad. I think Fox is a shoe in as a backup tackle on the left side. I can see him pushing Cherilus for the starting job on the right side. Jansen might even end up being the cut casualty.

Agreed with all except Toone. I think they PS squad him and give him a year to learn the pros since he was small time. Next year he will have a shot as the last WR on the roster and a an alternate KR/PR guy. I think that isf the OT situation plays out exactly as you put, that would be a good thing. i don't dislike Jansen, but if he is not good enought o be our BU, then we are on the right track.

April 25th, 2010, 8:03 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11