View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 WAY-to-Early 2011 Mock Draft 
RIP Killer

Post WAY-to-Early 2011 Mock Draft
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html

Heyward from OSU to Detroit with 4th pick in draft. He's REALLY good!

April 28th, 2010, 11:00 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: WAY-to-Early 2011 Mock Draft
If we get a pick that high, I'd like to trade back

April 28th, 2010, 11:29 am
Junior Varsity

Here is my 2011 mock:

1. Batfan
2. Batfan
3. Batfan
4. Batfan
5. Batfan
6. Batfan
7. Batfan

I am sure there is an extra pick or one missing around. but I think you get my point.

www.restoretheroar.webs.com

April 28th, 2010, 12:13 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I always like to speculate a year early who will go where/when in the next draft, but things never turn out how you think they will. Players always seem to rise and fall during their final college season. Last year at this time, Carlos Dunlap, Taylor Mays, and Brandon Spikes were considered early 1st round picks, but what happened to them? Conversely, players like Derrick Morgan and Jason Pierre-Paul came out of nowhere to become 1st round picks. You just never know.

With that said, I would be disappointed if the Lions selected Cameron Heyward in the 1st round. I'm sure he could play 4-3 DE, but he seems like a perfect fit for a 3-4 defense. The same could be said for DE Adrian Clayborn, but I think he is quicker and would be more capable of playing in a 4-3 scheme. He is definitely someone I could see the Lions drafting to play left end. The other DE I really like and was hoping he would come out this year is Greg Romeus of Pitt.

One team that I didn't see much of last year (parts of two games I think), but will be checking out regularly this season is North Carolina. I've heard a lot of good things about DE Robert Quinn (and he looked explosive the few times I saw him), OLB Bruce Carter, and both of their CBs. I am not a big fan of DT Marvin Austin, but the Lions really don't need that position now anyway.

But the position that I would really like to see them go after is CB. I love Patrick Peterson of LSU, but think he'll be a top 5 pick. Will the Lions be drafting that high again? I hope not. If he's gone, Prince Amukamara could be an option. He showed good coverage ability and ball skills when I was watching Suh last season. Could the Lions draft two 1st round Huskers in a row? It's possible. Texas also has a couple of good CBs worth keeping an eye on, as well as the guys from North Carolina.

If I had to make an official prediction right now, I would say that CB Prince Amukamara of Nebraska would be their pick next year.

April 28th, 2010, 1:26 pm
NFL Veteran

It was this time this last year I was wondering, "man what I would give to have Ndamukong Suh as a Lion?"

I feel the same way about Patrick Peterson now.

April 29th, 2010, 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andrew_perloff/04/27/2011.mock.draft/index.html

No way. The Lions are the king of the jungle. There is simply no way they would pass up a prince to take over when the king dies.

Pick: Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska.

April 29th, 2010, 11:29 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
steensn wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andrew_perloff/04/27/2011.mock.draft/index.html

No way. The Lions are the king of the jungle. There is simply no way they would pass up a prince to take over when the king dies.

Pick: Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska.

I think we'll be picking farther back than #4, so I don't think Heyward will be there anyways for us. That being said, I would love Prince and I can't imagine CB not being the biggest need next year but I def think that things change too.

April 29th, 2010, 12:29 pm
NFL Team Captain

While I don't know much about Amukamara or Peterson, I agree that CB may be the direction to go in the first. But I will wait on my pick unti I see how things play out with Pacman. I know he may not come back and be a Pro Bowler. But there is the "possibility" that he could be a solid player for us. [-o< This would allow us the luxury of taking the BPA at a number of positions.
SS, OLB, DE or OLine.

I believe we will be a better team overall, but we will still have holes to fill as well as upcoming holes (DE-KVB, SSLB-Peterson, OT- Backus and OC-Riola). These guys have 2 or 3 years left, I would like to see us prepared for their departure.

If we had to pick today it would be the top CB at our pick.

April 29th, 2010, 1:35 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Here's one from Todd McShay:
ESPN wrote:
Buffalo Bills

Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford
Only a third-year sophomore this fall but coach Jim Harbaugh has Luck on the fast track mechanically and mentally. Luck has prototypical size (6-foot-4, 235 pounds) and is an underrated athlete. More importantly, he has a smooth over-the-top delivery, a strong arm and great touch as a passer. Better decisions while gaining more game experience could put Luck in position to become the top player taken in the draft -- either in 2011 or 2012.

St. Louis Rams

Marcell Dareus*, DT, Alabama
After taking QB Sam Bradford with the top overall pick in 2010, the Rams go back to the well with another first-round defensive lineman in Dareus, who is a remarkable athlete for his size (6-4, 296 pounds).

Kansas City Chiefs

Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
The Chiefs target a bookend starter opposite OT Branden Albert. Castonzo has the long arms, lateral agility and balance to emerge as a top-shelf left tackle prospect next year.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
The Bucs continue to overhaul their defensive line via the draft. Clayborn could team up with the young defensive tackle tandem of Gerald McCoy (pick No. 3 this year) and Brian Price (pick No. 35) to give Tampa Bay one of the youngest, most talented defensive fronts in the NFL.

Cleveland Browns

Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
Heyward is a local product with the size, power and quickness to give the Browns' base 3-4 defensive front more scheme flexibility.

Carolina Panthers

DT Jurrell Casey*, USC
Casey is a budding star with a quick first step and explosive power as a hitter. The junior could be in position to leave school early as a first-round prospect if he plays with more consistency this fall.

New England Patriots(from Oakland)

A.J. Green*, WR, Georgia
Taking a wide receiver at No. 7 overall might be too rich for the Patriots' blood, but they certainly could be in the market for a No. 1 target, assuming Randy Moss is gone after this season. Green should have no problem returning to form after a shoulder injury cut his 2010 season short. The 6-4, 210-pound junior is blessed with a top-of-the-line combination of athleticism, body control and hand-eye coordination.

Detroit Lions

Robert Quinn*, DE, North Carolina
The Lions continue to significantly upgrade their talent level at key positions. This time around it is a pass rusher in Quinn, who tallied 19 tackles for loss, including 11 sacks as a sophomore in 2009.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Locker would have pushed Bradford for the top spot in this year's draft had he left school early. Instead, he returns for another year of seasoning under coach Steve Sarkisian, which will better prepare the athletically gifted, strong-arm quarterback to step into a starting role as a rookie in 2011. Locker falling to No. 9 overall is a direct result of team needs and it won't be surprising if he becomes the top overall pick. The Jaguars should be in the market for David Garrard's replacement during next year's draft and they couldn't pass on a talent like Locker if he somehow is available when they select.

Chicago Bears

Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
The Bears get back into the first-round mix after not picking in the 2010 draft until No. 75 overall. Carter is an instinctive linebacker with great range and fits perfectly in a Tampa-2 type of scheme.

Washington Redskins

DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson
McDaniel is the complete package at safety and he's coming off a 102-tackle, eight-interception season as a junior. Another strong campaign in 2010 should stamp his spot in Round 1 of next year's draft.

Seattle Seahawks

Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
Dowling appears to possess a stronger overall skill set than former teammate Chris Cook, whom the Vikings selected with 34th overall pick in the 2010 draft.

Denver Broncos

Jerrell Powe, DT, Mississippi
Powe is a work in progress but it's hard to find 340-pounders with adequate quickness and balance.

Arizona Cardinals

Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
Miller needs to bulk up and learn to use his hands better but he's an instinctive edge rusher with the speed to turn the corner.

San Francisco 49ers

Ryan Mallett*, QB, Arkansas
It is a make-or-break season for former No. 1 overall pick Alex Smith. If he doesn't turn the corner in 2010 with a new and improved supporting cast, San Francisco will be back in the quarterback market a year from now. Mallett needs to become the exception to the rule as a 6-foot-7 quarterback in the NFL, but he certainly has the deceptive athleticism, sweet stroke and cannon arm to overcome the perceived flaw.

Tennessee Titans

Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
The Titans upgraded their pass rush with the selection of DE Derrick Morgan at No. 16 this year, so next year will be time to find a potential top cover corner. Amukamara is an early candidate thanks to a strong combination of instincts, size and ball skills.

Houston Texans

Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Austin can be an active interior force but he needs to keep his motor revving at full throttle in 2010 in order to maximize his draft stock.

Miami Dolphins

Jeremy Beal, DE/OLB, Oklahoma
Beal is an active defensive end with 34.5 tackles for loss and 19.5 sacks the past two seasons. He would fit well as a rush-linebacker in the Dolphins' 3-4 defensive scheme.

New York Giants

Mark Ingram*, RB, Alabama
It will be interesting to see how Ingram performs as the returning Heisman Trophy winner in 2010. It also will be interesting to see how coach Nick Saban splits up the carries between Ingram and sophomore sensation Trent Richardson. Still, Ingram possesses a great combination of vision, patience and lateral quickness.

Philadelphia Eagles

OT Matt Reynolds* BYU
Coach Andy Reid loves to draft offensive linemen early and Reynolds is a mature junior with a strong combination of size, balance and technique.

Atlanta Falcons

Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
Carimi has experience (36 career starts) and he's efficient, but he needs to become more dominant at the point of attack as a senior.

New England Patriots

Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State
It might be time for New England to cut its losses with former first-rounder Laurence Maroney, and Thomas could be an option in the 2011 draft. The former quarterback exploded onto the scene last year with a Big 12-best 1,265 rushing yards. In addition to natural running instincts, Thomas displays soft hands as a pass catcher.

Pittsburgh Steelers

Jonathan Baldwin*, WR, Pittsburgh
The local product hauled in 57 passes for 1,111 yards and eight scores last season. Baldwin has the size and athleticism to become a good complement to other young Steelers receivers, including Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders.

Cincinnati Bengals

Julio Jones*, WR, Alabama
Jones was finally healthy down the stretch of last season when he hauled in 27 passes for 421 yards in the final five regular-season games. He needs to be more consistent and prove he's a clutch performer in big games after disappearing in two postseason outings (three catches, 51 yards versus Florida and Texas). The Bengals could be looking for Chad Ochocinco's eventual replacement early in next year's draft, and Jones is certainly an early candidate.

San Diego Chargers

Kyle Rudolph*, TE, Notre Dame
Don't be surprised if the Chargers draft a tight end early next year, as they begin to groom Antonio Gates' eventual replacement. Rudolph is healthy now after a shoulder injury cut his 2009 season short, and he has the athleticism and elite ball skills to push for a spot in the late part of Round 1.

Dallas Cowboys

Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina
Williams, who picked off six passes in 2009, is the type of ballhawk the Cowboys need playing the centerfielder's role in their secondary.

Baltimore Ravens

Patrick Peterson*, CB, LSU
Peterson has the size, upper-body strength and ball skills to emerge as an early-round pick next year.

Green Bay Packers

Ryan Williams*, RB, Virginia Tech
Williams has just one year of game experience but that's all he needed to draw the attention of scouts across the league. The 5-10, 205-pound back can work his way into the first couple of rounds by proving he's not a one-year wonder this fall. From what I have seen thus far, Williams has a chance to be special.

New York Jets

Jared Crick*, DT, Nebraska
We're going to find out quickly if Crick is as good as the 2009 game tape suggests, or if he is an overrated benefactor of Ndamukong Suh's past dominance.

Minnesota Vikings

Allen Bailey, DT, Miami
Bailey has outstanding natural talent but his production thus far has been inconsistent. Last year, for example, he notched seven sacks in the first eight games before pitching a shutout in the final five outings. Big things are expected from the 6-4, 292-pound former end in 2010, his second full season at defensive tackle.

Indianapolis Colts

Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida
The Colts elected not to draft an offensive lineman until Round 4 this year so don't be surprised if they take a more aggressive approach in 2011. Mike Pouncey, twin brother of Steelers' first-round selection Maurkice, could emerge as an early-round pick if he makes a successful move inside to center this fall.

New Orleans Saints

Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh
Romeus lacks elite athleticism but he can get to the passer with a good combination of quickness and power. He is also is one of the better run-defending defensive end prospects in the 2011 senior class.

April 29th, 2010, 1:51 pm
Team MVP

Though its early, id love to have Prince Amukamara. I have a feeling CB will be a top need, if not THE top need next year.

Does anyone know who the top rated OT is so far? Ive heard several names.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 29th, 2010, 2:53 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

It's kind of ridiculous to speculate on where we will be picking and who we should take this early. I have a feeling that we could finally be drafting a little more for need next year. LB's - (Peterson's replacement) plus another weak-side candidate, CB's - a true shutdown #1 corner would be nice. DE, several good ones coming out of the college ranks next year. SS, could end up being one of the more glaring needs for our defense. O-line, I'm always in favor of adding big, tough, mean lineman to our group anywhere in the top 4 rounds.

May 1st, 2010, 9:20 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would like us to grab atleast 3 secondary players

May 1st, 2010, 7:24 pm
Junior Varsity

liontrax wrote:
It's kind of ridiculous to speculate on where we will be picking and who we should take this early. I have a feeling that we could finally be drafting a little more for need next year. LB's - (Peterson's replacement) plus another weak-side candidate, CB's - a true shutdown #1 corner would be nice. DE, several good ones coming out of the college ranks next year. SS, could end up being one of the more glaring needs for our defense. O-line, I'm always in favor of adding big, tough, mean lineman to our group anywhere in the top 4 rounds.

Yeah, I have a hard time with this myself. It's impossible to project what will actually happen during the course of the next 11 months both with the teams and with the college prospects.

At this point though I wouldn't agrue with any of the above as needs, though with Backus and Raiola both getting up there in age... and never being exactly standouts to begin with... I definitely wouldn't mind seeing C, LT or both targeted in the next draft or 2.

May 3rd, 2010, 8:33 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Remember: Todd McShay is a dumb poop.

I'll take a CB, Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia.

If Adrian Clayborn is there at their pick (hopefully out of the top 10, fingers crossed) I'd consider it, but they have bigger needs. Although, we've seen the FO likes BPA so we'll just see how these guys' stocks rise and fall throughout the draft preseason.

May 7th, 2010, 1:01 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

kdsberman wrote:
Though its early, id love to have Prince Amukamara. I have a feeling CB will be a top need, if not THE top need next year.

Does anyone know who the top rated OT is so far? Ive heard several names.

i'd be happy with the Prince pick. Hopefully he pans out.

as far as OTs go; i think it's gonna be a pretty weak class. But it's hard to say at this point.

- Now on Facebook!

June 22nd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next