View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2014, 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Battle for Playoffs?!?! 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Yep, that certainly was a crazy game last night, especially the 2nd period. Now, the Wings have taken home ice advantage and they had better not let it slip away. I liked how they played more physical last night and they're going to have to keep it up if they hope to win this series. Wings in 6!

April 17th, 2010, 11:58 am

Post Re: Battle for Playoffs?!?!
It was good to see the Wings play fairly well tonight after that crapfest on Sunday. The series is now 2-2, but Phoenix still has the home ice advantage. Howard needs to come up huge on Friday and limit the rebounds like he did tonight for them to win this thing. Will he do it, though?

April 21st, 2010, 12:10 am
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:
It was good to see the Wings play fairly well tonight after that crapfest on Sunday. The series is now 2-2, but Phoenix still has the home ice advantage. Howard needs to come up huge on Friday and limit the rebounds like he did tonight for them to win this thing. Will he do it, though?

I'd say the first period play by the Wings was suspect, but at about the midpoint of the game they finally seemed to wake the hell up and Jimmy made some HUGE stops in the 3rd. This could be the game that is the "springboard" for the series, so to speak. If Doan isn't able to play on Friday, the Yotes could be in some trouble.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 21st, 2010, 9:09 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Game 7 here we come. Lets go guys!!! :cheers:

April 27th, 2010, 12:38 am

Game 6 was very disappointing. The Wings came out on fire, but couldn't put the puck in the net. Then, Phoenix scored a shorty off a turnover and it all went downhill from there. Why is it that the Wings have played like total crap in both Sunday afternoon games thus far? Luckily, Game 7 is at night, so they might have a chance.

April 27th, 2010, 10:18 am
slybri19 wrote:
Game 6 was very disappointing. The Wings came out on fire, but couldn't put the puck in the net. Then, Phoenix scored a shorty off a turnover and it all went downhill from there. Why is it that the Wings have played like total crap in both Sunday afternoon games thus far? Luckily, Game 7 is at night, so they might have a chance.

I don't see how you can say that they came out on fire... They came out with some energy, but when things don't go their way they just cave in. I think there are still too many old people on this team. We need some youth and energy to pick this team back up. They're too complacent. They remind me of the 2002ish Pistons... They know they can win, and they don't seem to feel the need to prove it...

April 27th, 2010, 1:46 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Sharks are next =)

April 27th, 2010, 11:52 pm

I was kinda worried in the 1st period when the Wings were all over the Coyotes but couldn't score for the second game in a row. Sorry, wjb, but I disagree with you about game 6. Anyways, unlike previous games, they played hard for three periods and ended up with an easy win. Time to go Shark hunting!

April 28th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Next Series shoud be interesting to say the least! LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 28th, 2010, 1:15 pm
QB Coach

That was a heck of a game 7. The next series is gonna be a good one. If we play hard we should be able to win in 6. Go Wings!

April 28th, 2010, 3:40 pm
slybri19 wrote:
I was kinda worried in the 1st period when the Wings were all over the Coyotes but couldn't score for the second game in a row. Sorry, wjb, but I disagree with you about game 6. Anyways, unlike previous games, they played hard for three periods and ended up with an easy win. Time to go Shark hunting!

I was kind of excited.. They made the same comparison of the Red Wings vs the post championship Billups era Pistons on 97.1 a couple of days after my post. I made the same comparison last year against the Pens. Last year it looked like we could have won, we just weren't playing with enough energy.

That said, Sly, did you hear the stat during game 7 about our record over the last two years with 36 hours rest (I think was the # that they used) vs. a full 48+? It is pretty telling.

April 29th, 2010, 12:26 am
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

I was kind of excited.. They made the same comparison of the Red Wings vs the post championship Billups era Pistons on 97.1 a couple of days after my post. I made the same comparison last year against the Pens. Last year it looked like we could have won, we just weren't playing with enough energy.

That said, Sly, did you hear the stat during game 7 about our record over the last two years with 36 hours rest (I think was the # that they used) vs. a full 48+? It is pretty telling.

Is there any other team that has played as much hockey as the Wings in the past few years? I don't think so. Honestly I'm surprised they're still able to come out and play as hard as they do sometimes. You just know they have to tired.

Joe Fauria, MVP!

April 29th, 2010, 9:45 am
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Is there any other team that has played as much hockey as the Wings in the past few years? I don't think so. Honestly I'm surprised they're still able to come out and play as hard as they do sometimes. You just know they have to tired.

I can't disagree there. I feel sorry for players like Lidstrom that are 40 years old and literally playing more hockey than anyone in the world.

That's why I like it so much that we have guys like Abdelkator and Helm. We need to keep our guys fresh, and the energy up on the team.

April 29th, 2010, 10:51 am
RIP Killer

Looks like this series is over, I thought the RW had this game in the bag in the 3rd qtr - ugh!

May 5th, 2010, 8:45 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I thought they had the last two games. At least they are consistent, losing 4-3 every game. Ugh. I don't even know if the series will make it past game 4.

May 5th, 2010, 10:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next