View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Battle for Playoffs?!?! 
Post Re: Battle for Playoffs?!?!
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I thought they had the last two games. At least they are consistent, losing 4-3 every game. Ugh. I don't even know if the series will make it past game 4.

They looked to me like they lost something after the first goal was denied. They played with a fire briefly after that, scored again, but went flat shortly there after. That goal with 1.8 seconds left was devastating, and a terrible goal, as was the game winning goal. I knew at the start of the playoffs that Howard would be tested, and I knew that we would suffer from not being able to allow Ozzie to play some games towards the end of the season. We need a good backup veteran that can step in and play a game or two here and there, even in the playoffs. Jimmy Howard can't shoulder all of the pressure as a rookie, and he shouldn't have to. If Ozzie is simply out of sink I wouldn't mind having him back, but if its something else then we need to bring in another goal tender.

May 5th, 2010, 12:35 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Stick a fork in them. They're done. :(

May 5th, 2010, 12:50 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Last 2 games have been very disappointing.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 5th, 2010, 1:10 pm
Afghan Allstar

:cheers: Here's to hoping they continue to play the way they played tonight. Franzen finally went off.

May 6th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Yea, that was a great game by the Wings, but is it too little, too late? I'm afraid that it is. If they hadn't have blown that 3-1 lead in game 3, it would be a completely different series at this point.

May 7th, 2010, 1:05 am
slybri19 wrote:
Yea, that was a great game by the Wings, but is it too little, too late? I'm afraid that it is. If they hadn't have blown that 3-1 lead in game 3, it would be a completely different series at this point.

I agree... I went to the game last night. It was AMAZING. The Joe actually had some energy (I don't know if you could tell from watching, but it was flat in Game 3). If we can go back to San Jose and play like we did last night, I think we have a chance. If we come out flat, play tired, turn the puck over, or take too many penalties, we're doomed...

May 7th, 2010, 1:05 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Hit the nail on the head wjb. No Staley Cup return this year. Good year guys. Played with alot of heart. I hope Captain Nick stays around for at least another year. Wonder who would be Cap if he retires?

Just want Pittsburgh to lose now. Thats all i care about...... :\

May 9th, 2010, 2:16 am
QB Coach

As long as the Pens and Sid the Crybaby don't repeat I'll be ok. Though now I don't have any sports to watch until the pre-season starts in August. Counting down the days til that Hall of Fame game.

May 9th, 2010, 10:59 am
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
As long as the Pens and Sid the Crybaby don't repeat I'll be ok. Though now I don't have any sports to watch until the pre-season starts in August. Counting down the days til that Hall of Fame game.

I've got the World Cup so I'm excited since it only comes around every 4 years... GO USA! GO ENGLAND! (and they are in the same grouping - ugh) ahhh, the beautiful game - imagine a game called football where you actually use your foot...

May 9th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Pablo wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

I've got the World Cup so I'm excited since it only comes around every 4 years... GO USA! GO ENGLAND! (and they are in the same grouping - ugh) ahhh, the beautiful game - imagine a game called football where you actually use your foot...

When does that snooze-fest, er, World Cup start? :wink:

May 10th, 2010, 10:53 am

There's always next year! :(

May 10th, 2010, 4:06 pm
I can honestly say that I'm excited for the Canadians. I think they might get swept, but if their D and goal tending can hold up against Chi's offense then they have a great shot at winning a dark horse Cup.

#1 way Chicago is celebrating their advancement to the Stanley Cup finals...

They're having coffee the Marion Hossa way - without the cup!!!

I hope for our sake the Wings pick up two new defensemen that are physical and don't turn the damn puck over so much. If not for our defense turning the puck over and playing soft it would have been us and not San Jose playing the Blackhawks in the conference finals...

May 24th, 2010, 2:02 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I hope the Blackhawks lose so bad, just to see Hossa not get the cup for the third year in a row. Go Flyers!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 26th, 2010, 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3