View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 7:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next
 Lions Predictions 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions Predictions
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
DEPTH CHART PREDICTION:
QB - Stafford, Hill, Stanton
RB - Best, Morris, Brown, Dorsey (Smith starts on PUP)
FB - Felton
WR - Johnson, Burleson, Johnson, Williams, Northcutt
TE - Pettigrew, Sheffler, Heller
LT - Backus, Fox
LG - Sims, Ramirez
OC - Raiola, Gandy
RG - Peterson
RT - Cherilus, Jansen
LE - Vandenbosch, Hunter, Devries
NT - Hill, Williams
DT - Suh, L. Cohen
RE - Avril, McBride
WL - Dizon, Ciurciu
ML - Levy, Johnson, Follet
SL - Peterson, Campbell
LC - Spievey, Wade
FS - Delmas, Bullocks
SS - Simpson, Manuel
RC - Houston, Williams, King

Wow. It's amazing to see what a difference 2 years has made. We actually have some decent talent in the starting positions. Our Dline is pretty decent. I think it's safe to say that DE will be high on the priority list in next seasons draft.

36 players out of the 50 listed are new to this team since the end of 2008. That's 68% of the active roster turned over in that time. Of course, that's IF my roster prediction holds true (which it likely won't).

I think our priorities for next year will be OT, DE and CB (again). Let's hope that Sims works out to be better than his predecessors, each of whom were signed and canned after just one disastrous year each. Illustrious names such as Rick DeMulling, Ross Verba, Ed Mulitalo, Daniel Loper.....they haunt that position like malicious ghosts, it seems.

I'm going to give Rob Sims his official nickname......Ghostbuster.

April 27th, 2010, 8:59 am
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
I think our priorities for next year will be OT, DE and CB (again). Let's hope that Sims works out to be better than his predecessors, each of whom were signed and canned after just one disastrous year each. Illustrious names such as Rick DeMulling, Ross Verba, Ed Mulitalo, Daniel Loper.....they haunt that position like malicious ghosts, it seems.

I'm going to give Rob Sims his official nickname......Ghostbuster.

History is NOT on his side for sure...

April 27th, 2010, 11:34 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

OK, I'm gonna stick with 5-11 as my "Official" prediction. I wish I could give them more wins, but I've been suckered by this organization too many times before in the past. I refuse to allow them to do it to me again. I can only hope that I am wrong.

April 27th, 2010, 12:23 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I say 6-10 and we finish ahead of Chicago who we beat twice this year.

April 27th, 2010, 2:24 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

5-11 I'm hoping for 9-7 but the season just starts too tough for us.

GO LIONS!!!! :-"

May 9th, 2010, 2:27 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
First off I would like to say hello everybody! I am a huge Lions fan from St. Cloud, Minnesota. I been a Lions fan since I was a little child, and lately I been just trying to find a Lions fan site that has good information on the forums and the front page. Just like to say welcome and see you guys around!

The Detroit Lions will only win about 5 or 6 games but I am hoping they win in Minnesota this year so I can see a win live.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 9th, 2010, 10:53 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Welcome!!! Glad to see all these new people! We try and act like we have good info... ;)

Your prediction is probably more within reality... but my koolaid drunk attitude is still hoping for a winning season...

May 9th, 2010, 6:43 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I'm feeling better about the team lately, but I have to admit that 3-5 wins would be about all I can expect. While I think the offensive line will be improved, if it stays healthy, we still have a 2nd year qb and no-one that has proven ability to take heat off CJ. Best may help in the running game, but I don't see the offense carrying the team and I still have reservations about the defense. We have made improvements to the defensive line, but the linebackers are very raw. Add in question marks at safety (still not sold on Delmas) and cornerback. Improving, but hardly be leaps and bounds.

May 10th, 2010, 9:17 am
Peewee Leaguer

I'm saying 5 wins. We lost a few close games because of a lousy defense and a rookie QB. I say we win some of those close games because of our overall improved defense and Stafford having another year under his belt. But ultimately we have a rough schedule and i worry about the turnover on defense causing some early continuity problems.

May 10th, 2010, 12:29 pm
Junior Varsity

Stafford: Mulls at a 1:1 TD:INT ratio, 3100 yards, 25tds 21int. 2 games missed due to injury
Jahvid Best: The lions will use Best in a lot of ways, so I see more of a mix of run and pass, dink-and-dunk offense with a deep threat. Best goes 1100 yards, averages 4.5 yards a carry and 8 tds with 350 yards recieving 4 tds.
MoMo + Kevin Smith run for a total of 500 yards combined.
Calvin Johnson: 1300 yards, 12 TDs Pro Bowl
Burleson: 950 6 TDS
Pettigrew: 550 yards 3 TDS
Scheffler: 650 yards 6 TDS

Defense:
Rush Defense: top 20
Pass Defense: top 25

Vandenbosch gets double-digit sacks. Suh's stats not overly impressive but has a big impact on the game between him and Williams they WILL get pressure and get some sacks.

Follett starts, Levy has a rough 2nd year but still decent. Peterson is more of a playmaker and fights vandenbosh out for the sack lead and ends up posting double digit sacks.

Spievey is solid, houston solid (both with flaws, make a few plays each)

Delmas keeps progressing

Not guessing who starts opposite of him at the other safety spot.

SCHEDULE PREDICTION
Sunday, Sept. 12 -- at Chicago - L - We put up more of a fight then last year but they overmatch us. The offensive timing issues aside, Bears pull it together enough to beat us at will.
Sunday, Sept. 19 -- Philadelphia - L - No McNabb? No Problem? Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Kolb has been very solid in limited play. We know how qbs look better against the lions then any other team, so I am giving history the benefit of the doubt to say Kolb throws 300 + yards with 3 Tds 1 int.
Sunday, Sept. 26 -- at Minnesota - L - This game is winnable without Farve. If he is there? Not this year...
Sunday, Oct. 3 -- at Green Bay - L - Mailed in the game, Lions are handed worst loss of season.
Sunday, Oct. 10 -- St. Louis - W - We make up for last year. Bradford looks worse then stafford against us. Lions look like a solid team vs the Rams.
Sunday, Oct. 17 -- at N.Y. Giants - L - I don't know why, but like a win here, I'm just too chicken to pull the trigger and say we win.
BYE
Sunday, Oct. 31 -- Washington - W - McNabb is a great story, but we win here.
Sunday, Nov. 7 -- N.Y. Jets - L - Kyle Wilson picks off Stafford for a pick 6.
Sunday, Nov. 14 -- at Buffalo - W - Bills are worse then we are, and thats for real.
Sunday, Nov. 21 -- at Dallas - L - I just hate Dallas and we play well against them but I can't pull for a win here. Roy Williams gets one chance to catch the ball for a first down, does his salute, and Delmas knocks him down on the next play limiting him to only one more catch in the game.
Thursday, Nov. 25 -- New England - L - We are not here yet.
Sunday, Dec. 5 -- Chicago - W - We will have our crap together by here, and the Bears will be falling reeling from the eventual firing of Lovie Smith. They will play uninspired football and we will seal the deal.
Sunday, Dec. 12 -- Green Bay - L - Home? Road? Doesn't Matter, pack are better built then the Vikes and it will be a while before we are in their league.
Sunday, Dec. 19 -- at Tampa Bay - W - Freeman will look good this year, but I think we have just enough to stop the team.
Sunday, Dec. 26 -- at Miami - L - Dolphins are up and down, but Henne is legit.
Sunday, Jan. 2 -- Minnesota - L - Still too good (unless they mail it in cause they are already in the playoffs).

5-11.

www.restoretheroar.webs.com

May 10th, 2010, 4:04 pm
QB Coach

In this Week's MMQB Peter King ranked all the teams. Here's what he said about Detroit:

Quote:
24. Detroit. If the Lions were in the NFC West, they might win it this year. They're making significant progress -- assuming Ndamukong Suh is the genuine item and Kyle Vanden Bosch has something left.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ing/2.html

BTW last year he picked the Saints to be 24th overall and look how well that worked out for them...

May 17th, 2010, 7:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Thats it. I am preordering my SB now, since the Lions are a Lock!

:P

May 17th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Team Captain

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
In this Week's MMQB Peter King ranked all the teams. Here's what he said about Detroit:

Quote:
24. Detroit. If the Lions were in the NFC West, they might win it this year. They're making significant progress -- assuming Ndamukong Suh is the genuine item and Kyle Vanden Bosch has something left.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ing/2.html

BTW last year he picked the Saints to be 24th overall and look how well that worked out for them...

I'm not sure how Peter King could rank the Saints at 24 last year. Granted they were not expected to go to the dance, but to say there were 23 teams better than them I didn't see that. My hope is that the #24 team this year can make it all the way to Super Bowl, wouldn't that be something? Every team in the league would be hoping for that #24 spot next year. LOL!

May 17th, 2010, 9:02 pm
Stadium Announcer

++++FootballWiz Stat Predictions++

Matt Stafford 31 TDs 19 INTs 3,900 yards

Jahvid Best 900 yds 6TDrushing 2TD Rec
Kevin Smith 450 yds 3 Rush TDs

Calvin 75catches 1200 yds 11TDs
Burleson 50 Rec 750 yds 5 TDs
B. Johnson 30 rec 320 yds 2 TDs

Pettigrew 45 Rec 400 yds 6 TDs
Scheffler 50 Rec 635 yds 5 Tds

Lions emerging Offense looks unstoppable at times with staffords use of TEs. and the Defense "Flashes" but gets beat too much in the secondary.

5-11

May 18th, 2010, 4:18 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
DJ-B wrote:
Thats it. I am preordering my SB now, since the Lions are a Lock!

:P

I will have what your having!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 18th, 2010, 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next