View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lions 1st round pick from the 2011 draft? Maybe. 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions 1st round pick from the 2011 draft? Maybe.
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I'd be in favor of Greg Jones (6'1" 230lbs too small?) or Ras-I Dowling. As for Peterson, I'm weary. I'm not sure if he's going to be fast enough. Maybe its because he's such a big dude that he looks slower then he actually plays.

Mallet is a Texan, hence the douchebaginess. He was a backup QB at U of M so I doubt his arrogance came from that. Texans...not Wolverines.

Ok Pablo, lets hear your retort.

dood left U of M, smart fella... \:D/

May 14th, 2010, 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Word around the water cooler is that Jones is expected @ about 238-240 opening this season. I would not be too worried about his size. As of right now I would put him in the late 1rd-early 2rd range though, so if we did pick him up I would think it is likely to be with our second pick.

I agree with the aforementioned thought, Peterson as of right now is likely to be the first CB off the board and a top 5 pick if he keeps his progress moving forward this season. I expect the Lions(and hope for dear sake) to be in the 9-12 range. Ras-I Dowling is no slouch himself, and would be a great pickup and #1 shutdown for years to come.

May 14th, 2010, 9:39 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Patrick Peterson wouldn't be a bad pick up, looks like a stud. :P

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 15th, 2010, 9:58 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Mallett ias a great qb. Had MI stayed on track with style and coach he'd be tearing up the Big Ten right now. He was smart to get the heck out as his days at QB were numbered with this clown. Attitude problem? Sure, maybe he's the next Ryan Leaf or Big Ben, who knows. But he's a dang good QB.

May 15th, 2010, 11:11 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I think Ryan Mallett could suffer the same fate as Jimmy Clausen did. A QB can have all the talent in the world, but if they lack leadership abilities, what good are they?

May 16th, 2010, 12:42 pm
Walk On

slybri19 wrote:
I think Ryan Mallett could suffer the same fate as Jimmy Clausen did. A QB can have all the talent in the world, but if they lack leadership abilities, what good are they?

They would become Joey Harrington + Talent.

May 16th, 2010, 8:52 pm
Team MVP

Pablo wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
I'd be in favor of Greg Jones (6'1" 230lbs too small?) or Ras-I Dowling. As for Peterson, I'm weary. I'm not sure if he's going to be fast enough. Maybe its because he's such a big dude that he looks slower then he actually plays.

Mallet is a Texan, hence the douchebaginess. He was a backup QB at U of M so I doubt his arrogance came from that. Texans...not Wolverines.

Ok Pablo, lets hear your retort.

dood left U of M, smart fella... \:D/

I agree.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

May 17th, 2010, 3:12 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

The Clausen comparison is an apt one I think. If anyone watched the Gruden's QB camp it was pretty obvious that the other 3 that Gruden talked to were much more mature and better leaders then Clausen. He tended to make more excuses then the others too. Now I don't know if Mallett would do the same things, but I'm sure that was part of the precipitous fall of Clausen.

May 26th, 2010, 11:42 am
RIP Killer

Great point on leadership. I am oblivious to either clausen's or mallett's leadership abilities. I can only go by how I see them play. I always say mallet as a big ben kinda guy, so maybe that means something not so good...

May 27th, 2010, 9:31 am
Mallet seemed to command the huddle and field pretty well to me...

May 27th, 2010, 2:05 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Mallet reminds me of Byron Leftwhich minus the extrodinary leadership qualities and has bust written all over him.

May 28th, 2010, 10:50 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I don't know about Byron Leftwich. He wasn't a total bust as he had some pretty solidly productive years. Leftwich has such a long delivery that he ended up getting knocked around more often and missing time. I think Mallett has a better release that will help him stay healthy and be a better pro then Leftwich.

June 2nd, 2010, 12:15 pm
Stallion wrote:
Mallet reminds me of Byron Leftwhich minus the extrodinary leadership qualities and has bust written all over him.

I have heard from multiple sources that the guy is a pure azzhat, that he was going to leave U of M regardless as to was the head coach (even if Carr had stayed), and that he's an ego maniac. That doesn't bode well for someone that's never thrown an NFL pass. If everything that I've heard about him is true, his persona reminds me of Ryan Leaf, but perhaps not quite as volatile.

June 2nd, 2010, 2:54 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Depending on how things turn out this season I would love to see something like this.
1-CB Patrick Peterson
2-S Deunta Williams
3-OT Nate Solder or Matt Reynolds (depending on how Jason Fox does)

and maybe Manny Lawson in free agency...this is of course very hopeful.

July 4th, 2010, 1:22 pm
Team MVP

Stallion wrote:
Depending on how things turn out this season I would love to see something like this.
1-CB Patrick Peterson
2-S Deunta Williams
3-OT Nate Solder or Matt Reynolds (depending on how Jason Fox does)

and maybe Manny Lawson in free agency...this is of course very hopeful.

As of right now, it would be awesome to have Patrick Peterson. But regardless who it is or where we pick, i think, just like this year, its GOT to be defense, particularly CB, S, or DE.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

July 5th, 2010, 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next