View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dennis Green 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Dennis Green
Did anyone else read the article in the Detroit News about Green's views on his quarterback position? He makes the changes that he sees fit. If it doesn't work, he makes another. It's nice to see a coach that will do that. You also have to give him a little credit for his instincts about players. It doesn't always pay to take a chance on a guy, but every now and then it works out.

Kinda with Detroit had a coach that would point out a weakness and give someone else a chance. Provided the coach is given the leeway to make the change.

December 2nd, 2004, 7:20 am
RIP Killer

Green likely developed some of this philosophy in Minnesota where he had a number of great quarterbacks starting and on the bench. When Dante Culpepper is your 3rd string QB that's not a problem. When you have Harrington, McMahon and Mirer its a different story.

I've always prefered to pick a guy and stick with him at QB. That said, each individual team situation is different and you have to adjust ot what that situation dictates. You've also got to have the right "instincts" or this approach isn't going to work to well.

December 2nd, 2004, 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2004, 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]