View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Captain 

who would it be....
Pavel 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Henrik 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Kronwall 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Rafalski 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Franzen 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Holmer 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12

New Captain 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post New Captain
who do ya's think

May 9th, 2010, 2:21 am
Post Re: New Captain
I really don't think that any of them are C worthy based on their personalities, but if I had to give it to one of them I would give it to Pav.

Get Kornwall off the frickin' list. The guy was a huge reason this team is out of the playoffs.

May 9th, 2010, 2:22 pm
QB Coach

I hope Nick sticks around for at least one more season. But if not, it's got to be either Datsyuk or Zetterberg

May 9th, 2010, 3:11 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
I think Nick will stay around for another season but if he left I wouldn't mind seeing Franzen become capatin, that is if he keeps up that hot streak he had going in the playoffs.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

May 9th, 2010, 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Hank will be the Captain when Nick leaves.

May 10th, 2010, 10:52 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

It's already been hinted at for a couple years now that Hank would be the new Captain once Lidstrom retires. I'd be very surprised if it was anyone else.

May 10th, 2010, 4:05 pm
slybri19 wrote:
It's already been hinted at for a couple years now that Hank would be the new Captain once Lidstrom retires. I'd be very surprised if it was anyone else.

I agree, but I can't say that I agree with it... If not him then who??? IDK, but I really don't think that he is leadership material. He disappears in big games, he fails to take advantage of big moments (penalty shot in the playoffs), and he's not all that vocal.

If Nick can hold out for a couple of more seasons I would like to see Jimmy H. get the C, if he can become our #1 goalie and play to a high level. He showed fire and passion when he got into that fist fight, he says all the right things in interviews, and he seems like he is one of the more passionate/vocal guys in the locker room. That said, he has a lot of "ifs" behind him (I really don't think that he is as great as ppl. make him out to be) and for the time being this team seems lost in their search for a new leader...

May 24th, 2010, 1:55 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Jimmy in my eyes has a lot to prove. What is it they say about detroit sports teams. Lions QB's, Redwings Goalies, Piston Coaches, and Tigers Pichers, always seem jinx.

I think Pavel should get it but the guy can barely speak a lick of decent english. He's got the best skills on the team hands down.

May 25th, 2010, 2:41 am
jedi~outcast wrote:
Jimmy in my eyes has a lot to prove. What is it they say about detroit sports teams. Lions QB's, Redwings Goalies, Piston Coaches, and Tigers Pichers, always seem jinx.

I think Pavel should get it but the guy can barely speak a lick of decent english. He's got the best skills on the team hands down.

I voted for Pav in this poll, and mention the things that Jimmy needs to over come... That said, Pav doesn't even use the English that he knows. He's a soft spoken reclusive sort of guy. That's not something that I want out of my captain. And, like Hank, Pav seems to disappear in big situations at times too. The two of them just don't seem to have the passion that they had before they won a cup...

May 25th, 2010, 3:04 am
QB Coach

Well Nick is back apparently for 1 year at $6.5 M

June 1st, 2010, 6:42 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Yes he is back, and that is great news.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

June 2nd, 2010, 10:36 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

A little cap relief. The Wings should have, what, $4M cap room with the cap going up to $58M like I've heard?

June 2nd, 2010, 12:36 pm
$6.2 is what 97.1 is reporting, and they also said that he may be willing to take less if money is needed to sign a specific player to make the team better.

I was hoping for something more around $5.5, but I'm certain he could have gotten at least what he signed for, if not more elsewhere. People in Detroit think he's worth $7.5, but I'm not sure he would command that type of $$$ on the open market. He seemed to have trouble with the speedier youngsters in the playoffs, and he's never been great at handling the bigger guys. He's still a great player, I'm happy as he!! that we got him back, and we would have been in deep ish without him.

June 2nd, 2010, 2:51 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

wjb, I don't think Lidstrom could take less money even if he wanted to. According to NHL rules, no contract can be re-negotiated once it's signed. Maybe, he has a clause in his contract that allows him to reduce his salary at some point, but I haven't heard of that before.

June 3rd, 2010, 1:23 pm
slybri19 wrote:
wjb, I don't think Lidstrom could take less money even if he wanted to. According to NHL rules, no contract can be re-negotiated once it's signed. Maybe, he has a clause in his contract that allows him to reduce his salary at some point, but I haven't heard of that before.

Didn't Stevie reduce his salary one year to sign a player? I can't remember the details, but I thought I remember him doing so...

I guess Nick could just agree to pay the guy directly... That said, sounds like a dumb rule to me...

June 3rd, 2010, 2:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next