View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Galarraga PERFECT GAME 
RIP Killer

Post Galarraga PERFECT GAME
...will ALWAYS be a perfect game to the fans. Joyce royally screwed the pooch on that shaft of a call at 1st base on the last out. He was out by over a stride.

Armando Galarraga - you threw a 28 out perfect game and everyone in baseball knows it. Congratulations!!!!

June 2nd, 2010, 9:14 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Galarraga PERFECT GAME
That was BS.

For those who didn't see it here is a video, not good quality but hey you get the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hskaICmUgY

Seriously ump, how stupid are you!!?!?!?!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

June 2nd, 2010, 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Quote from Joyce:
"I just cost that kid a perfect game, I thought he beat the throw. I was convinced he beat the throw, until I saw the replay."

"It was the biggest call of my career"

June 2nd, 2010, 10:40 pm
RIP Killer

WOW! Hey MLB it is called instant replay you morons...

June 2nd, 2010, 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

I really have no words to describe how I felt and still feel. I know it's sad and rather pathetic, but this is now in my top 5 most depressing moments I've ever experienced.

June 3rd, 2010, 10:01 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Why can't they give the managers a little red flag that they can tuck into their pants or socks and throw it out on questions of HR's, plays at bases, or trapped balls? Simple.

June 3rd, 2010, 10:02 am
1st Round Pick

Pablo wrote:
WOW! Hey MLB it is called instant replay you morons...

They do, only for home runs. Honestly though, if they did instant replay for every play. The game would take all day! Now don't get me wrong, I think they need to do something though.

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Why can't they give the managers a little red flag that they can tuck into their pants or socks and throw it out on questions of HR's, plays at bases, or trapped balls? Simple.

Agree. Managers get 3 challanges or something like that.

June 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

An absoulutely great performance by Galarraga. I was watching the game with my wife and after Jackson made that superb catch, I told her if Galarraga throws a perfect game I was going to uncap a beer to celebrate and then to have it douse by that call was such a bummer. I'm sure this is going to bring in the instant replay talk with more vigor than ever and with all the technology available these days I don't know why MLB takes a backseat on this.

June 3rd, 2010, 10:33 am
RIP Killer

Apparently MLB is still deciding whether or not they're going to review and potentially overturn the call, per ESPN.

Still - the kid was robbed of that 'getting mobbed on the mound' celebration he'll probably never again experience. That once in a lifetime celebration, for him and only him....will never be.

Armando - you're my Tiger. You are one classy, stand up SOB. You took it on the chin and were a complete class act. Verlander would have been swinging on that call. Hell, even Bondo and Laird had to be restrained after the Crowe groundout to Inge.

June 3rd, 2010, 10:50 am
Pop Warner Vet

Get em while they're hot!
http://www.alternativehero.com/ProductD ... ect%20game

June 3rd, 2010, 11:53 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I agree that Galarraga got screwed, but I doubt they will reverse the call. I think they should, but that would be a dangerous precedent that could lead the way to changing all sorts of other calls in the future. I feel bad for the kid, but atleast the ump has admitted his mistake.

June 3rd, 2010, 1:26 pm
RIP Killer

a Lions perspective...

Quote:
Lions' Jim Schwartz wouldn't have been as cool as Tigers
John Niyo / The Detroit News

Allen Park -- Lions coach Jim Schwartz watched in stunned disbelief like everyone else as a blown call robbed the Tigers' Armando Galarraga of a perfect game Wednesday night at Comerica Park.

But he also marveled at what he saw in the aftermath of Jim Joyce's already-infamous blunder. Anger, yes. But also remarkable restraint from manager Jim Leyland and his players.

Asked if he would've reacted the same way to a similar call against his team, Schwartz laughed.

"Oh God, no. I would've been thrown out," he said. "And I would've caused the Detroit police probably a lot of problems. It wouldn't have gone easily."

Like many Detroit sports fans, Schwartz picked up Galarraga's bid for perfection midway through Wednesday night's broadcast.

"I started watching about the bottom of the fifth, and even let the kids stay up late so that they could see it," he said. "And my 6-year-old daughter (Maria) said, 'But Daddy, he was out.' So, I mean, if she can see it ...

"I'll tell you what: I hope that if I was in a similar situation I would have the grace to be able to handle it the way Galarraga handled it and also Jim Leyland -- just the whole Tigers (team.) That's just a credit to that whole organization the way they were able to handle that."

Added Schwartz: "I don't know a whole lot about baseball and officials, but it seems pretty unanimous that that guy (Joyce) is a pretty good umpire, and he's really well-respected. So No. 1, hats off to the Tigers for the way they handled it. But (Joyce) manned up also. He looked at it afterward and he apologized, and I'm sure he probably feels worse than anybody else in Detroit or around the country right now."

As for Galarraga, Schwartz offered another take on Wednesday's bizarre finish.

"You know, in a strange sort of way, he didn't get the perfect game, but everybody knew he threw a perfect game," Schwartz said. "And that's something that'll be talked about probably for the next 30-40 years. Where we've already had two perfect games (and) I know (Roy) Halladay threw one, but I don't even know who the other guy (Oakland's Dallas Braden) was. So rather than sort of just falling into obscurity a little bit, this is a play that people will talk about maybe for the rest of their lives."

But does he think baseball should adopt an expanded instant replay similar to the one the NFL uses?

"I don't need to be commenting on baseball replay," Schwartz said, laughing. "As a fan, I don't know. I've seen some plays that you'd like to change, but then I don't know. I need to get my Bob Costas hat off and not comment on baseball things."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100603/SPO ... z0pqnupSdO

June 3rd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Call wont be reversed.... bummer.. but I wouldn't expect them to reverse the call and set that precident.

June 3rd, 2010, 11:44 pm
1st Round Pick

After seeing what happened in yesterdays game, I feel bad for the ump. :(

June 4th, 2010, 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

Galarraga just got optioned down to Toledo today. I figured someone would be sent down to bring Porcello back up but I really thought it would have been Oliver.

It just feels like the Tigers have too many 3-5 starters and are completely missing a solid number 2. If they could pull it off I think Lee would be a great fit in this rotation.

1. Lee
2. Verlander
3. Max
4. Bondo
5. Up for grabs

I just don't think they have the players to pull off the trade.

July 7th, 2010, 9:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next