View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 20th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 me venting 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post me venting
imho we blew it from round 4 and on i can settle with speivey but in 4 fox might not be more then a depth guy hope im wrong so much talent in that round and in the 7th i dont like either of the picks

April 25th, 2010, 2:29 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: me venting
Only one I question is TIm Toone with mr irrelevant. I really thought Barnes would be drafted and that someone should have put a 7th out for him. The other ones, 3-7 I have no idea how well they will turn out and didn't know more about them before the draft. I think the mysterious LB was snagged earlier than the Lions thought.

April 25th, 2010, 5:06 pm
RIP Killer

Personally, I thought Jason Fox was an excellent selection at the bottom of round four. Until he had his knee surgery, he was carrying a high to mid second round grade from most analysts. He's supposedly completely recovered. I'd prefer to see him in the starting line up over Cherilus, who has had more than his fair share of chances to win the starting RT spot and doesn't seem to have either the desire or the smarts to hold on to it.

Willie Young wasn't a bad pick, but there were other DEs available that I think would fit the defensive scheme better. Still, if he can add about 20 pounds without losing speed, he should be pretty good. 4.8 speed with a 38" vertical on a guy about 6'5 1/2" tall.....that's pretty decent measurables out of a seventh round pick.

Toone was the one that really bothered me. So many other players were available that actually had a chance of making the squad at areas of need for depth, like CB or S, or LB.

April 25th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Stadium Announcer

m2karateman wrote:
Personally, I thought Jason Fox was an excellent selection at the bottom of round four. Until he had his knee surgery, he was carrying a high to mid second round grade from most analysts. He's supposedly completely recovered. I'd prefer to see him in the starting line up over Cherilus, who has had more than his fair share of chances to win the starting RT spot and doesn't seem to have either the desire or the smarts to hold on to it.

Willie Young wasn't a bad pick, but there were other DEs available that I think would fit the defensive scheme better. Still, if he can add about 20 pounds without losing speed, he should be pretty good. 4.8 speed with a 38" vertical on a guy about 6'5 1/2" tall.....that's pretty decent measurables out of a seventh round pick.

Toone was the one that really bothered me. So many other players were available that actually had a chance of making the squad at areas of need for depth, like CB or S, or LB.

Tim Toone may surprise people and make this team.Pratice Squad for starters then do a Zack Follett :wink:

Fox could be starting by midseason or sooner if Cherlius is still having problems,Fox needs to get stronger in his lower body and with some time spent in the Gym will add some weight.He has the smarts to get the job done and in time may slide across to the LT Position,

Young is a guy that giving time with Vanden Bosch and the rest of the DLine with soon pick up what is needed at the Pro Level to get the job done.I agree if he adds some weight without losing his Speed then he can become a pass rushing Demon! :D

June 3rd, 2010, 10:16 pm
Position Coach

I think Young WILL make the team and Fox WILL take Gosder's spot. I can't believe that we took Gosder as a top 20 pick.

June 3rd, 2010, 10:19 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
I can't believe that we took Gosder as a top 20 pick.

Really? You can't? After taking Sims #9 and Williams #10 ;)

June 3rd, 2010, 10:22 pm
Stadium Announcer

steensn wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
I can't believe that we took Gosder as a top 20 pick.

Really? You can't? After taking Sims #9 and Williams #10 ;)

Your Bad :roll: ...Hopefully those type of Draft days are behind us!

June 6th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Stadium Announcer

Killwill25 wrote:
I think Young WILL make the team and Fox WILL take Gosder's spot. I can't believe that we took Gosder as a top 20 pick.

It has me scratching my head looking for an answer :?

I hope he proves his worth sooner rather than later :!:

June 6th, 2010, 12:46 pm
Walk On

IrishLion09 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Tim Toone may surprise people and make this team.Pratice Squad for starters then do a Zack Follett :wink:

Fox could be starting by midseason or sooner if Cherlius is still having problems,Fox needs to get stronger in his lower body and with some time spent in the Gym will add some weight.He has the smarts to get the job done and in time may slide across to the LT Position,

Young is a guy that giving time with Vanden Bosch and the rest of the DLine with soon pick up what is needed at the Pro Level to get the job done.I agree if he adds some weight without losing his Speed then he can become a pass rushing Demon! :D

Fox's lower body issues is overplayed. He had leg/knee Surgery and was still recovering during the combine and spent almost the whole season playing on the bum leg and only gave up one sack.

June 6th, 2010, 9:03 pm
RIP Killer

I really hope we see that Gosder might make a better G and we try him out there.

June 6th, 2010, 9:30 pm
Stadium Announcer

Topweasel wrote:
IrishLion09 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Fox's lower body issues is overplayed. He had leg/knee Surgery and was still recovering during the combine and spent almost the whole season playing on the bum leg and only gave up one sack.

I hope Fox is that good that he played with a Bum Leg and gave up only one sack, rather than the opposition being that bad they couldn't get around a guy with a Bum Leg......time will tell

June 7th, 2010, 12:24 pm
RIP Killer

IrishLion09 wrote:
I hope Fox is that good that he played with a Bum Leg and gave up only one sack, rather than the opposition being that bad they couldn't get around a guy with a Bum Leg......time will tell

Just wondering, do you guys get much college ball out there or are you all NFL only? Just wondered, cuz most fans here double up and we get to watch some of these guys play before the NFL pretty in depth sometimes.

June 7th, 2010, 12:28 pm
Stadium Announcer

steensn wrote:
IrishLion09 wrote:

Just wondering, do you guys get much college ball out there or are you all NFL only? Just wondered, cuz most fans here double up and we get to watch some of these guys play before the NFL pretty in depth sometimes.

I don't get to see any College ball,but some of the other members do,being a Spartans fan I check out their website for updates and I even bought their Media Guide last season.I also buy College Football magazines from the States to get me prepard for the draft and keep me updated on all that's going on.I use the internet to check for information on all college Football.

One of our members is also hoping to get over for a Spatans game this coming season while visiting the Detroit for a Lions game or two.

Regards

P.S. we have Wolverine fans in the Club also, but we don't encourage that kind of behaviour :wink: [-X

June 8th, 2010, 6:20 am
RIP Killer

There is no excuse for Wolverine fans...

June 8th, 2010, 10:13 am
Heisman Winner

steensn wrote:
There is no excuse for Wolverine fans...

At least we don't worship nuts :mrgreen: :finger:

June 8th, 2010, 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next