View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 6:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Ugh...and out come the bandwagon fans 
RIP Killer

Post Ugh...and out come the bandwagon fans
I hate living in ChiTcago. The fans here are among the worst in the country. Hockey around here has been more or less a joke for the past decade (as long as I've been around here) and now they come out of the woodwork. At least Detroit is rightfully "hockeytown". The fans are genuine and the team always plays with class.

I hate seeing Hossa hoist that cup. I hate seeing Bowman, Hossa, and Kopecky win it.

June 9th, 2010, 11:21 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Ugh...and out come the bandwagon fans
I played NHL 10 last night and every single game was Blackhawks vs Red Wings. All the people I played, weren't even from Chicago or close to that area. The bright side is they will leave the Red Wings bandwagon. I wish Hossa would of lost... again.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

June 10th, 2010, 11:10 am
Profile WWW
I agree... But the bottom line is... It's good for the sport of hockey that Chicago won the cup, that Phili was in it until the end, and Montreal made one heck of a run. That's three fan bases that were ignited and will probably pay MUCH more attention to hockey next year because of the playoffs this year.

I wanted Hossa to lose again too... but at the end of the day I really think it's good for the sport that Chicago won...

June 10th, 2010, 1:16 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Lions2SB2 wrote:
I played NHL 10 last night and every single game was Blackhawks vs Red Wings. All the people I played, weren't even from Chicago or close to that area. The bright side is they will leave the Red Wings bandwagon. I wish Hossa would of lost... again.

We're looking for a couple a guys who have a be a pro guy made up to join a league...we're up to 3 so far...is that something you would be interested in?

June 10th, 2010, 1:23 pm
1st Round Pick

regularjoe12 wrote:
We're looking for a couple a guys who have a be a pro guy made up to join a league...we're up to 3 so far...is that something you would be interested in?

I am in! My Gamertag is the same as my username. Lions2SB2

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I wanted Hossa to lose again too... but at the end of the day I really think it's good for the sport that Chicago won...

Not looking for a fight or anything here but how so? I thought the playoff finals this year was boring. And no I don't think that because the Red Wings weren't in it.

June 10th, 2010, 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Lions2SB2 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

I am in! My Gamertag is the same as my username. Lions2SB2

wjb21ndtown wrote:

Not looking for a fight or anything here but how so? I thought the playoff finals this year was boring. And no I don't think that because the Red Wings weren't in it.

You're entitled to your opinion...

I didn't think that the finals were boring at all, until the end. I was hoping it would have been a little more drama (a game 7), but the games had goals, points, and good hockey. I thought it was a great playoffs. The Montreal story, IMO, was the best, and they played great hockey.

The 2010 NHL playoffs helped the league and the sport by showcasing a legitimate Canadian contender (even if they were a high seed), and invigorating two predominately dead fan bases (Phili and Chicago).

You can call the finals boring if you want to, but I guarantee you that Phili fans and Blackhawk fans didn't think so...

June 10th, 2010, 4:13 pm
1st Round Pick

wjb21ndtown wrote:

I didn't think that the finals were boring at all, until the end. I was hoping it would have been a little more drama (a game 7), but the games had goals, points, and good hockey. I thought it was a great playoffs. The Montreal story, IMO, was the best, and they played great hockey.

The 2010 NHL playoffs helped the league and the sport by showcasing a legitimate Canadian contender (even if they were a high seed), and invigorating two predominately dead fan bases (Phili and Chicago).

You can call the finals boring if you want to, but I guarantee you that Phili fans and Blackhawk fans didn't think so...

Yeah, the playoffs were great, don't get me wrong on that! I just thought the finals were a bit iffy. I mean, there weren't many big story lines on the series. I don't know.. maybe because there weren't many big name players in it (Flyers team). I just remember the pass 2 years there were more talk about the series (ESPN covering it). Wasn't much of that this year.

June 10th, 2010, 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Lions2SB2 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Yeah, the playoffs were great, don't get me wrong on that! I just thought the finals were a bit iffy. I mean, there weren't many big story lines on the series. I don't know.. maybe because there weren't many big name players in it (Flyers team). I just remember the pass 2 years there were more talk about the series (ESPN covering it). Wasn't much of that this year.

The talk of who's going to cover it is generally retro-active. It's true that if they were outstanding then VS. would likely have been able to sell the contract this year and better/more complete coverage would have been had, but by most accounts that I've read the NHL did very well respectfully (compared to other years), and the NBA is in the tank.

I'm hoping that ratings in Phili, Chicago, and Montreal will be better throughout the season next year, and hopefully the league can build on something. There were a lack of superstars on the part of Phili (except for the Richards story), but Pronger's personna (dickhead personna) and Chicago being loaded (Sharp, Kane, Hossa, etc.) sort of made up for it, not to mention the huge market in Chicago that's back on their high horse (even if it is annoying as hell!!!).

June 11th, 2010, 1:18 pm
RIP Killer

The announcers during the Stanley Cup Finals were absolutely awful. Talk about the most pro-Blackhawk homers I've ever seen. They were pathetic.

Bettman is the biggest piece of trash in all of professional sports, even worse than Bud Selig, who is that stuff underneath the dog sh!t on my shoe. Everything he's done has been dreadful.

Toews winning the Conn Smythe? Seriously? How about Ville Leino, who outplayed Toews in every aspect of the game. How about Antti Niemi for dominating during the entire playoffs? Come on. Toews only won because of that damn "C" he wears. He didn't deserve it. Hell, Kane and Sharpe both played better than Toews during the Finals.

Oh, and the ref'ing is one of the reasons I can't stand watching hockey anymore. The final straw was Hossa's dive in game 6, like he actually got high sticked, not to mention the record number of 5-3's during this year's playoffs.

June 11th, 2010, 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]