View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 2:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Bruce Carter 
RIP Killer

Post Bruce Carter
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/ ... ortunities

Wouldn't mind having him... not sure if he just is a workout warrior or what... but dang!

June 25th, 2010, 10:52 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Bruce Carter
I'm def. gonna watch him play next season.

NEVER GIVE UP!

June 25th, 2010, 1:06 pm
Team MVP

LionsFan4Life wrote:
I'm def. gonna watch him play next season.

Me too!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 25th, 2010, 4:18 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Don't just watch Carter you have to watch pretty much the whole defense. Quinn is a freak at DE, Sturdivant is a very good MLB, both CBs Brown and Burney are very good, Willams is a stud S, and Austin is a top notch DT but hasn't put the talent he has onto the field. The youngest of the starting LBs (Zach Brown) has been reported to have run anywhere from a 4.28- 4.39 40 yard dash. They were one of my favorite teams to watch last year because of the defense and will likely be evenmore impressive this season.

Out of the players likely to go early in the draft next season Quinn is the player I'd like to have the most as of right now.

June 25th, 2010, 7:12 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

As sweetd20 said, there are going to be a lot of good Tar Heel defensive players to watch this year, especially DE Robert Quinn. Personally, I'm not a fan of DT Marvin Austin, but that hardly seems like a position of need heading into the 2011 draft now.

June 27th, 2010, 4:47 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Not a position of need sure, but it seems to be a thing for the Lions to take the BPA. I can't imagine them sticking to that if Austin is the BPA on their board when picking next year.

June 28th, 2010, 10:17 am
Team MVP

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Not a position of need sure, but it seems to be a thing for the Lions to take the BPA. I can't imagine them sticking to that if Austin is the BPA on their board when picking next year.

I agree. But i can definetly see Quinn.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 28th, 2010, 7:40 pm

I'd be down with that. A DE if Avril doesn't show up this year will definitely be a need.

June 29th, 2010, 11:09 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Just thought I'd bump this since North Carolina is playing LSU tonight on ABC/ESPN, depending upon where you live.

September 4th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Too bad none of the guys on D were able to play because of their improper dealings with agents etc. How does this affect their draft status? Especially if they miss the whole year? I feel bad, kind of, for these guys. It's not like Clarett and BMW who purposefully sat out a year. UNC could have had 4 first rounders on D, but that might be all moot now.

September 10th, 2010, 12:00 pm
NFL Veteran

Carter played. It was weird, it's like he and the other guy showed up on their own (Didn't travel with the team because they weren't sure of their eligibility) so they didn't get in til the third series or something. And it was a huge difference. He's a legit top 5 pick IMO.

Still want Peterson, but if they could get a combo of Carter and Ras-I Dowling - wow I'm game for that.

September 15th, 2010, 8:23 pm
Profile WWW

DE is definitely a position that will need to be addressed soon, whether in FA or in the Draft. KVB is a good player but he's 31 and may only have a couple years left. Avril is nothing special and hasn't yet lived up to the hype. There are no real viable backups, since even though Willie Young has flashed, he's still got a long way to go before he's going to be able to contribute outside of a situational pass rusher.

September 16th, 2010, 10:08 am
RIP Killer

Willie Young has looked damn good.

McBride has outplayed Avril as well. Avril may/should be traded for a backup LB who can contribute on STs, IMO.

September 16th, 2010, 10:19 am
RIP Killer

Talk about a player coming out of no where... McBride looked like a beast and certainly has made Avril look tradable. I think we can get a decent player for him now with McBride, who is still young, seems to have locked down that side. I will say though that it is possible we are getting ahead of ourselves, but he sure looked good.

September 16th, 2010, 10:33 am
Modmin Dude

After one game you're ready to trade Avril because of McBride??? WOW!!! Really??? :rolleyes:
And wasn't it said that Chicago's OLine is nothing special? And wasn't Avril injured (though not sure what the injury is/was)?

just sayin'

September 16th, 2010, 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next