View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Miami Heat, Lebron, Wade, Bosh.... who else? 
RIP Killer

Post Miami Heat, Lebron, Wade, Bosh.... who else?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5322877

That would be INSANE!

June 24th, 2010, 5:50 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post Re: Salary Cap... Heat looking to open up and build a dynast
All I know is that I'm ready for all this hoop-la (pun intended) to be over. I think LeBron is self serving and self promoting with this 1 hour special. I just want to hear where he's going, without any fanfare.

July 8th, 2010, 9:18 am
RIP Killer

They have two of the three. We'll find out Lebrons decision tonight.

July 8th, 2010, 10:17 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Wayne Fontes wrote:
All I know is that I'm ready for all this hoop-la (pun intended) to be over. I think LeBron is self serving and self promoting with this 1 hour special. I just want to hear where he's going, without any fanfare.

I am with you!

NEVER GIVE UP!

July 8th, 2010, 1:08 pm
RIP Killer

Sounds like he is leaning toward the Heat...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055

That would be crazy....

July 8th, 2010, 1:12 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yes, that would be crazy steen! Although, if he really is concerned with winning a title... that'd be a good place to go now with Bosh and Wade there as well.

NEVER GIVE UP!

July 8th, 2010, 3:07 pm
RIP Killer

I have been reading a lot on the benefits and negatives of each place. NY provides the best opportunity for marketing getting just exceedingly filthy rich. They predicted he could be the first 2 billions dollar athlete there.. so there are obviously pluses. One thing about Miami and getting titles... you may get 1 or 5 but what does history say when he couldn't get it done in Cleveland but has to go to Miami with 2 of the top players in the NBA to get his rings? I have heard he also wants to go down as the greatest player in history... he won't do that by only winning games with rich talent. Cleveland provides the best option for him to go down as the best player in history. Winning with no talent is how you get recognized. It is a tough call for anyone... it's not everyday someone has the opportunity to become the richest athlete ever and the best player ever at his aport.

July 8th, 2010, 3:41 pm
QB Coach

First, Lebron hasn't won a damn thing, so all this talk of him being the greatest is WAY premature. I know that's what he wants, but he has to win a championship first. That seems to be getting lost in all of this. He still hasn't won anything.

I honestly don't think Miami will win with those three. They'll win lots of regular season games, but when the post season comes around and teams play tighter defense, they will lose in the 2nd round or the conf. finals. I could see either Chicago or Boston taking out Miami, with LA, or either of the first two winning the championship.

Then, after Kobe retires and the Lakers aren't on top anymore, Oklahoma City and Kevin Durant will be peaking and should be a great team too. Gut feeling is this Miami experiment isn't going to work out.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

July 8th, 2010, 9:41 pm
RIP Killer

He certainly hasn't proved to be the best ever... but he has the ability to be and that is what is exciting.

I think the exact opposite about the "experiment." I think if they can work together, share the ball, etc. that they will be unstoppable.

July 9th, 2010, 9:23 am
RIP Killer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365516

Loooks at these Cavs fans. How many Sportscenter broadcast need a police officer to keep them under control.

She put it best and this is why I think Cavs fans don't know how to properly act:

"They thought he belonged to Cleveland."

Gets this.. he does not belong to Cleveland and owes them nothing.

My mother in law shed a tear and might become a Heat fan...

July 9th, 2010, 10:05 am
RIP Killer

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert said it was "an act of betrayal" and "cowardly"

STFU. You knew that if he didn't win and win a lot, he was moving on to greener pastures. Ohio sucks and Cleveland is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

July 9th, 2010, 7:24 pm
RIP Killer

Gilbert represents the essence and problem of the Cleveland fan base (go figure it comes from the top)... It was his bad luck to be drafted by the same city that he grew up in being the next greatest thing since sliced bread. Every Cleveland fans grew up watching this kid and his amazing abilities. Then when he was selected with the first pick in the draft, he was quickly dubbed the savior and home grown hero of the city. fans quickly felt that THEY had something to do with James and felt a level of pride in "raising" him and making him a success. Cleveland fans each felt that they had something to do with this new NBA star's success and that the Cleveland front office was doing everything in their power to build a winning team around him.

Problem: 99.9999% of the people in Cleveland had NOTHING to do with this kid and his success. They got LUCKY that he grew up there. They only cared about his talents and would have thrown him to curb with all the rest of the single parent kids playing basketball on the streets. He gave everything he had to a crap organization that couldn't build anything but a bottom 10 team around him and yet he still got them to the NBA finals and playoffs year after year. Did he have bad games at crucial times? Sure, just like everyone does. But that only shows just how much James did to get where he was and nothing to do with what Cleveland or the fan base did.

Problem is, without James there is nothing to root for in Cleveland but the Browns. No one cares about the Cavs before LeBron, no one will care after. He gave them 7 long years of incredible play and they wasted it. The fans are so fair weather that my mother in law will soon be a Heat fan...

Gilbert is the perfect example. He feels he made James along with the rest of Cleveland. facts are, he got lucky. A city with no reason to watch basketball suddenly did and now they soon won't care again. LeBron was basketball, so it feels like basketball is now leaving Cleveland.

If Cleveland was smart, they could try and lure some better talent with the large cap they now have. They could show just how "passionate" fans are and that the next guy through will get a huge fanbase in need of someone to worship. They just wouldn't have any chance of winning...

July 9th, 2010, 8:12 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Quote:
I honestly don't think Miami will win with those three. They'll win lots of regular season games, but when the post season comes around and teams play tighter defense, they will lose in the 2nd round or the conf. finals. I could see either Chicago or Boston taking out Miami, with LA, or either of the first two winning the championship.

Then, after Kobe retires and the Lakers aren't on top anymore, Oklahoma City and Kevin Durant will be peaking and should be a great team too. Gut feeling is this Miami experiment isn't going to work out.

I strongly disagree.

Think about Boston after getting KG and Ray Allen. Instant garbage team to league champions. And they were old, far removed from their prime.

Bosh and James are in the prime of their careers. Assuming that one of the three doesn't get seriously injured, The Heat will easily win 4 of the next 7 titles (their contracts will be for seven years?) and probably break the Bull's single season win record.

The only team in the league that will cause them problems will be the Lakers, due to the Heat's inability to match up against Gasol+Bynum, but the Heat will win by outscoring them. Their only potential weakness will be the supporting cast, but I don't even think that will be a problem--lots of decent older players will sign for the minimum just for the chance to win a ring.

And this is why I hate the NBA. The NFL has had dynasties in its history, but nothing like this. The NBA is just a series of one or two teams dominating the league. Boring.

July 10th, 2010, 4:33 am
Veteran General Manager

The Heat are the best team money can buy. And when you consider the Yankees, that's saying something. The NBA is just as fixed as Professional Wrestling. I hope the NFL never goes down the road of letting the player rule the roost like the NBA.

July 10th, 2010, 12:18 pm
RIP Killer

The Heat isn't even done yet. They are looking to nab Fisher to help complete the team. That would allow for a few different starting lineups:

PG Fisher
SG Wade
SF James
PF Bosh
C (pick up Shaq again?)

July 10th, 2010, 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next