View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 29th, 2014, 2:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 USC Finally Finds Out Their Fate 
RIP Killer

Post USC Finally Finds Out Their Fate
Ouch...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-usc ... 8894.story

Two years suspension from bowl games and a huge reduction in college scholarships. That could temporarily kill the football program for years...

June 10th, 2010, 10:45 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: USC Finally Finds Out Their Fate
Heard more than 20 scholarships will be lost... that is basically a year and half's worth of recruits possibly.

June 10th, 2010, 10:52 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Told ya that they were going to get busted big time. Their cheating was one of the worst kept secrets in the entire NCAA. I'm just surprised that it took them this long to do anything about it.

June 10th, 2010, 1:06 pm
RIP Killer

I did not expect such a big hit like that... you were dead on. I though they would just get a slap on the wrist. This is big time and will hurt them a lot!

June 10th, 2010, 1:07 pm
steensn wrote:
Heard more than 20 scholarships will be lost... that is basically a year and half's worth of recruits possibly.

I heard that it was 20 total scholarships spread over two years... It sounds like 10 per year for two years. I wish they would have pulled their championships, and their heisman trophies...

June 10th, 2010, 1:20 pm
RIP Killer

and the coach got out of town just in time - figures... I think they should have to have R-Rod as coach for punishment as well.

June 10th, 2010, 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Here is an interesting predicament!

"Additionally, the language of the report written by the NCAA could allow for certain players to bolt the program without penalty. According to Scott Wolf of the Los Angeles Daily News, "[i]f the NCAA committee on infractions recommends it, any USC football [player] with two years of eligibility or less could transfer without sitting out a year because of the two-year bowl ban.""

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... er-exodus/

June 10th, 2010, 2:01 pm
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I heard that it was 20 total scholarships spread over two years... It sounds like 10 per year for two years. I wish they would have pulled their championships, and their heisman trophies...

It's 10 games per year for 3 years. Plus they have to vacate all their victories in which Bush played, and they probably are going to have to forfeit their national championship. They're also on 4 years probation. They got hit hard, deservedly so.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

June 10th, 2010, 11:43 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

It's 10 games per year for 3 years. Plus they have to vacate all their victories in which Bush played, and they probably are going to have to forfeit their national championship. They're also on 4 years probation. They got hit hard, deservedly so.

YES. That's what I read. They are probably going to have to waive by-by to their 2004 National Championship.

June 11th, 2010, 9:56 am
Pop Warner Allstar

steensn wrote:
Here is an interesting predicament!

"Additionally, the language of the report written by the NCAA could allow for certain players to bolt the program without penalty. According to Scott Wolf of the Los Angeles Daily News, "[i]f the NCAA committee on infractions recommends it, any USC football [player] with two years of eligibility or less could transfer without sitting out a year because of the two-year bowl ban.""

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... er-exodus/

i think that's a good move by the NCAA. The players at USC now shouldn't be punished for what the program did a few years ago. If i was a player there i'd get out as soon as possible. It's going to be a bad program for the next few years.

It will take a while, but they'll rebound eventually.

- Now on Facebook!

June 22nd, 2010, 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Incoming freshman can as well... if they have not registered for classes yet. BUT the catch is USC has to release them from their letter of intent. Henderson, a big time recruit has been rumored to want out now. Can't blame him, but he knew this could happen.

June 22nd, 2010, 2:33 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
USC gets a new AD, Pat Haden.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-usc ... 592.column

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

July 20th, 2010, 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

And to think that the Coach left to become a coach in the NFL, prior to the reports, um, er the truth coming out. This really stinx because the whinning Irish are going to be all over this about how it was the cheating that cost them games and not how bad they truly were.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

July 21st, 2010, 3:22 pm
QB Coach

DevilDoc wrote:
And to think that the Coach left to become a coach in the NFL, prior to the reports, um, er the truth coming out. This really stinx because the whinning Irish are going to be all over this about how it was the cheating that cost them games and not how bad they truly were.

What are you talking about? None of this has anything to do with Notre Dame, nor have I seen or heard anyone saying anything like that.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

July 25th, 2010, 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]