View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Another Mich DB transfer 
RIP Killer

Post Another Mich DB transfer
http://www.freep.com/article/20100908/S ... or-Emilien

Anyone know anything about him? Sounds like he was a sophomore backup with potential?

Quote:
Emilien is the seventh from Rodriguez’s two classes. Emilien, Turner and Witty have left from the 2009 class, and Dorsey, Antonio Kinard, Conelius Jones and Austin White never made it or have departed from the 2010 class.

That is just sad...

September 8th, 2010, 1:53 pm
Post Re: Another Mich DB transfer
Why is it sad? He wants to start, he's not good enough to start for U of M, so he's looking elsewhere... I don't see any sadness in it...

September 8th, 2010, 5:05 pm
RIP Killer

Not sad for him, sad that RR has lost 7 of this own recruits after only two recruiting seasons.

September 8th, 2010, 5:06 pm
steensn wrote:
Not sad for him, sad that RR has lost 7 of this own recruits after only two recruiting seasons.

I guess you could say that, but I don't really see it. I don't see why it is sad, given the reasons that they are leaving. The problem is RR inherited a team that had tons of players leaving, and a team that was returning relatively young. It's a much tougher sell to tell a sophomore that they have to sit behind this other sophomore (or worse yet, this freshman) than it is to tell them that they have to sit behind this junior or senior. It is going to cause some heartache and it is going to cause some people to leave.

I really don't think that Tate would have a problem right now if he was sitting behind a junior or senior, but it is tough for him to sit behind someone of equal age and status, especially knowing that he may never get that chance to start because of the same class rank person holding his desired roll. To me this DB leaving is in the same boat. I wouldn't want to stick around on a team that already had a sophomore starting safety when I am a sophomore - you'd never get your best opportunity to start as a senior.

September 8th, 2010, 5:36 pm
RIP Killer

Interesting point, I just don't think those in the same situation have seen this kind of issues.

September 8th, 2010, 5:40 pm
RIP Killer

Example, OSU has had Boom Herran and Brandon Saine in the same recruiting class. Boom redshirted to gain an extra year yet will never be the #1 back with Saine #1 now and Berry or someone else being #1 next year. Yet he stays. We also have what was the top 3 OLB from FL, Sabino, get beat out by Sweat from the same class and he chooses to redshirt this year to gain an extra year at OSU. These guys could be starting for LOTS of colleges but chose to stay. This same thing would happen under Carr as well. USC had 5 RB's that could have started for almost any other team, they have QB's that never get a chance to play that are good enough to start on any other team, yet they don't leave. That is the mark of a great program... RR seems to not have that mark.

September 8th, 2010, 5:51 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

steensn wrote:
Example, OSU has had Boom Herran and Brandon Saine in the same recruiting class. Boom redshirted to gain an extra year yet will never be the #1 back with Saine #1 now and Berry or someone else being #1 next year. Yet he stays. We also have what was the top 3 OLB from FL, Sabino, get beat out by Sweat from the same class and he chooses to redshirt this year to gain an extra year at OSU. These guys could be starting for LOTS of colleges but chose to stay. This same thing would happen under Carr as well. USC had 5 RB's that could have started for almost any other team, they have QB's that never get a chance to play that are good enough to start on any other team, yet they don't leave. That is the mark of a great program... RR seems to not have that mark.

You can't use RBs as a comparison. #2 and #3 RBs will get significant PT--Boom had 7 TDs last year alone.

Anyway, who cares about the transfers? The bottom line is W/L. If Rich Rod continues to blow and gets canned, you can point back and say this was symptomatic of his incompetence. If he wins, you can say it was just the way he chooses to conduct himself. Either way, I don't see this as much of an issue on its own.

September 8th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

IMO, the number of players transferring is a direct indictment on RichRod himself. Did he lie to those players to get them to sign with Michigan or did they realize how bad of a coach he is once they got there? I dunno, but it doesn't look good.

September 8th, 2010, 6:53 pm
RIP Killer

I equate loosing depth to changes in w/l, first sign of a strong team is their depth. Note I mentioned LB and QB real life situations as well.

September 8th, 2010, 7:29 pm
QB Coach

You also have to keep in mind that Tate was an up and coming primadonna. He was good in high school, and did some good things last year, but was getting weaker as the season wore on. That exposed his true character, and then for him to come into summer practice after missing work outs, and the like, and start claiming the starting position, he needed his "WINGS CLIPPED."

He reminds me of a spoiled brat that needed a spanking, and he got it. Now if he would MAN UP, take his knocks and humbly go back to the coach and aske what he had to do to see the field, he could possibly restore something. Personally, I think he would be a good slot receiver if he could catch, and was durable. But his pride, and the things he believes about himself, will keep him out of the NFL, because he won't develop past his attitude.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

September 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Regarding Tate:
I think people need to keep him in perspective. He has given no intent to transfer as of yet, and has only muddled one sentence to reporter while emotional, and before the coaches had a chance to talk to him. IMO Tate should be a non-story right now.

Regarding the DBs and LBs:
Who said RR lied to them at all? The #1 thing a coach promises to their new recruits is playing time. I'm sure he promised a TON of kids playing time, as the field was wide open and the team was devoid of talent (and all very young). Now that the starters are shaking out and you can see the team taking place, its no doubt that people see the righting on the walls and they're going to want out if they're not on the top of the depth chart. I really don't see what the fuss is all about...

September 9th, 2010, 1:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]