View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 4:43 pm



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forcier OUT 
Author Message
Post Re: Forcier OUT
Pablo wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
Fine, then how about why add the qualifier to the prediction to begin with. If you are going to make a prediction make it, you don't need a built in excuse for when you are wrong. Injuries are part of the game, and if they happen to key players people are already going to know that it could negatively affect the outcome of your prediction.

But then again who cares, I was just trying to add a little back and forth.


So you're saying that your prediction for MSU's wins and losses wouldn't change if Cousins got hurt?
:^o

That's just ridiculous.


We still beat Michigan.... \:D/


No disputing that...

BUT... It was on your home turf, with U of M playing a rookie Qb, with U of M being in the worst shape that they've been in for the last 40 years, and MSU beat U of M by 6 points IN OVER TIME!...

I don't know if I would be so quick to brag about that game... but a win is a win...


September 8th, 2010, 5:03 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9521
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Forcier OUT
Not bragging about last year, I'm predicting victory again this year - regardless of who plays QB for the Spartans!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


September 8th, 2010, 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Forcier OUT
Pablo wrote:
Not bragging about last year, I'm predicting victory again this year - regardless of who plays QB for the Spartans!


Interesting prediction, but if Cousins doesn't play, IMO there's no way that MSU beats U of M at home. I think it's going to be a great game (and a close game) as it is, with both starting Qb's in place.


September 8th, 2010, 5:37 pm
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 796
Post Re: Forcier OUT
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
Fine, then how about why add the qualifier to the prediction to begin with. If you are going to make a prediction make it, you don't need a built in excuse for when you are wrong. Injuries are part of the game, and if they happen to key players people are already going to know that it could negatively affect the outcome of your prediction.

But then again who cares, I was just trying to add a little back and forth.


So you're saying that your prediction for MSU's wins and losses wouldn't change if Cousins got hurt?
:^o

That's just ridiculous.


That's not even close to what I said, NOT EVEN CLOSE!


September 8th, 2010, 5:51 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: Forcier OUT
OSU's wins/losses would change if Pryor went down and they still have a stronger team than MSU and UM put together outside of the QB position. If not changes, then games get a heck of a lot closer.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


September 8th, 2010, 5:55 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Forcier OUT
I kinda figured that Tate Forcier was all but gone after last Saturday's game. When Denard Robinson got hurt, Devin Gardner took his place while Forcier moped on the bench. Good riddance dude and take RichRod with you.

_________________
Image


September 8th, 2010, 6:46 pm
Profile
Post Re: Forcier OUT
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
Fine, then how about why add the qualifier to the prediction to begin with. If you are going to make a prediction make it, you don't need a built in excuse for when you are wrong. Injuries are part of the game, and if they happen to key players people are already going to know that it could negatively affect the outcome of your prediction.

But then again who cares, I was just trying to add a little back and forth.


So you're saying that your prediction for MSU's wins and losses wouldn't change if Cousins got hurt?
:^o

That's just ridiculous.


That's not even close to what I said, NOT EVEN CLOSE!


Ha.. It's REALLY frickin' close!...

What you're saying is that Blueskies shouldn't have put the qualifier in there, which implies that you shouldn't either. If qualifiers of predictions are bad, why do you get to use them and Blueskies doesn't?

:-({|=


September 9th, 2010, 1:15 pm
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 796
Post Re: Forcier OUT
Dense?


September 9th, 2010, 1:18 pm
Profile
Post Re: Forcier OUT
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
Dense?


The bottom line is that you have no justification, and what Blueskies said was totally rational and not backpedaling at all. It is a simple qualifier that exists for 90% of collegiate football teams, including your beloved Spartans.


September 9th, 2010, 1:23 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2753
Post Re: Forcier OUT
I'd also like to add that if there's a terrible plane crash and all the members of the team die, Michigan will not win any games.

Or is that too much of an irrational qualifier for you Roy?


September 9th, 2010, 4:47 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: July 14th, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 796
Post Re: Forcier OUT
Blueskies wrote:
I'd also like to add that if there's a terrible plane crash and all the members of the team die, Michigan will not win any games.

Or is that too much of an irrational qualifier for you Roy?


I never said "irrational", all I said was if you are going to make a prediction why qualify it at all? That was my point from the begining. If that was too hard for anyone to understand then I'm sorry. Good God.

PS. If there were a terrible plane crash and all of the members of the team died, Michigan would still have their first win of the season to show.


September 9th, 2010, 5:30 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7498
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Forcier OUT
Blueskies wrote:
I guess we will see who's laughing at the season's end.

Note, my prediction is based on Robinson staying the starter. If he goes down, they could wind up with a losing record again.

I know a lot of Michigan fans/alumni hated Rich Rod and want to see him go, but really, if they have another losing season, where do you go from here? If they have to give him the boot, and start rebuilding all over again, I envision Michigan becoming the new Notre Dame.



It's very true that it will take about another 3-4 years. But, we will be getting back to what Michigan football is. And it ain't anything like what DickRod has morphed it into. Jim Harbaugh should have been the choice for Head Coach.


September 11th, 2010, 9:33 am
Profile
Post Re: Forcier OUT
BillySims wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
I guess we will see who's laughing at the season's end.

Note, my prediction is based on Robinson staying the starter. If he goes down, they could wind up with a losing record again.

I know a lot of Michigan fans/alumni hated Rich Rod and want to see him go, but really, if they have another losing season, where do you go from here? If they have to give him the boot, and start rebuilding all over again, I envision Michigan becoming the new Notre Dame.



It's very true that it will take about another 3-4 years. But, we will be getting back to what Michigan football is. And it ain't anything like what DickRod has morphed it into. Jim Harbaugh should have been the choice for Head Coach.


I don't know Billy. RR didn't do a great job his first or 2nd year. IMO his biggest mistake was putting all of his eggs in the Terrel Pryor basket, and losing. I thought that he should have done a better job at trying to keep Ryan Mallet, even if he wasn't a prototypical spread offense Qb. If we would have had Mallet there is no way that we would have missed a bowl game his first and second years.

That said, we don't know what the landscape was behind the scenes. The rumor is that Mallet wasn't going to stay if Lloyd Carr was the head coach, and he certainly wasn't going to stay on with RR, no matter what he did to talk him out of leaving. Under those circumstances the team that RR inherited was super young and devoid of talent. I can't blame his piss poor record on RR at that point. His play calling was predictable, but it had to be


September 13th, 2010, 12:40 pm
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10336
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Forcier OUT
I don't like dickrod because he's a complete d-bag.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


September 13th, 2010, 1:19 pm
Profile
Post Re: Forcier OUT
conversion02 wrote:
I don't like dickrod because he's a complete d-bag.


Why do you say that? Have you met him?


September 13th, 2010, 1:21 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.