View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Bailey to miss 2-3 weeks 
Stadium Announcer

Post Bailey to miss 2-3 weeks
The following article has also been confirmed by Detroit radio stations.

Quote:
Associated Press

ALLEN PARK, Mich. - Detroit Lions linebacker Boss Bailey will miss at least two to three weeks while recovering from an arthroscopic procedure on his right knee, the team announced Tuesday.

Head athletic trainer Al Bellamy said Bailey, 24, was to have the surgery Wednesday in Athens, Ga., to repair damaged cartilage in the knee. Bailey was a second-round pick from Georgia last year.

Dr. Mixon Robinson, a team physician at the University of Georgia, where Bailey played as a collegian, will perform the surgery. Lions president Matt Millen said the procedure likely would not be very invasive.

Bailey had been held out of most drills since last week. As a rookie, he started all 16 games and finished with 109 tackles, one sack and one interception.

If Bailey's recovery time is as expected, he should be ready for the team's regular-season opener Sept. 12 at Chicago.

In me you can see that time of year when a few yellow leaves or none at all hang. In me you can see the glowing embers that lie upon the ashes remaining from the flame of my youth. So, respect more deeply that which you must give up before long.

August 10th, 2004, 8:59 pm
QB Coach

I heard it on the radio stations too. Not a huge worry, better that he misses pre-season games than regular season games. He should be back for the season opener.

August 10th, 2004, 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Thanks for the update Rabbi. This is still a concern, we need a healthy Bailey for the Bears game. I'm a little concerned with the depth at LB this year after Bailey, Holmes, Lehman and Davis...

August 11th, 2004, 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

I think that Lewis would be a good replacement for Boss in the pre season. It will be good for him to get some NFL experience in his rookie year, as he will not likely be starting any of the regular season game. I have no worries with the depth at OLB. They may be young, but they still get the job done.

August 11th, 2004, 2:46 pm
Stadium Announcer

I just heard from my Detroit Insider that Boss might miss the entire season now! Anyone else heard anything about this yet!

August 11th, 2004, 3:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
RIP Killer

Yes - just started a new thread... I heard he will be out until Nov, perhaps the whole season... MLive is reporting it.

August 11th, 2004, 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]