View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Week 2 Match-ups 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Week 2 Match-ups
Quote:
If the Lions were made up of 100% former OSU players, I would still be a Lions fan. Different teams. Different leagues. Different levels of play.

Heck, we'd be a better team ;)

September 14th, 2010, 7:25 pm
BillySims wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Don't purposely misinterpret his point guys.

I'm completely against his argument and have pretty much been the lone supporter of Rich Rod on this forum for a while, but I think its reasonable to assume that he meant highly regarded NFL QBs, not necessarily highly drafted ones, even though that's what he's typed.

And its true, Michigan QBs have had decent success in the NFL, and more than likely that trend will end with Rich Rod's system. But who cares? The NFL is not college football.

If the Lions were made up of 100% former OSU players, I would still be a Lions fan. Different teams. Different leagues. Different levels of play.

Further, the fact that many of Rich Rod's offensive players will be ill-suited for the NFL is good for Michigan--less chance of players leaving early for the draft.

Or less likely that the really good players will come to Michigan because the system isn't conducive to getting drafted into the NFL.

edited to add:
And yes, highly drafted QB's was a poor choice of words on my part.

Again Billy, IT'S NOT ABOUT GETTING DRAFTED...

Troy Smith was drafted higher than most of U of M's Qbs, as are most spread offense Qbs. Few players, if any, are going to turn down U of M because they don't run an NFL type of offense. More importantly, the players that WOULD turn us down wouldn't fit our system anyhow.

You're not making any sense here. It's just mindless rambling and insipid whining, complaining about anything you can because you don't like their coach. Get over it...

September 14th, 2010, 7:39 pm
Hall of Fame Player

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
Don't purposely misinterpret his point guys.

I'm completely against his argument and have pretty much been the lone supporter of Rich Rod on this forum for a while, but I think its reasonable to assume that he meant highly regarded NFL QBs, not necessarily highly drafted ones, even though that's what he's typed.

And its true, Michigan QBs have had decent success in the NFL, and more than likely that trend will end with Rich Rod's system. But who cares? The NFL is not college football.

Further, the fact that many of Rich Rod's offensive players will be ill-suited for the NFL is good for Michigan--less chance of players leaving early for the draft.

Or less likely that the really good players will come to Michigan because the system isn't conducive to getting drafted into the NFL.

edited to add:
And yes, highly drafted QB's was a poor choice of words on my part.

Again Billy, IT'S NOT ABOUT GETTING DRAFTED...

Troy Smith was drafted higher than most of U of M's Qbs, as are most spread offense Qbs. Few players, if any, are going to turn down U of M because they don't run an NFL type of offense. More importantly, the players that WOULD turn us down wouldn't fit our system anyhow.

You're not making any sense here. It's just mindless rambling and insipid whining, complaining about anything you can because you don't like their coach. Get over it...

Says the guy that can't stomach the thought that 99% of everyone that sees it admits that it was a catch.

September 14th, 2010, 7:53 pm
RIP Killer

lolz

September 14th, 2010, 7:57 pm
BillySims wrote:

Says the guy that can't stomach the thought that 99% of everyone that sees it admits that it was a catch.

What can't I stomach about it? The fact that they're wrong?

September 14th, 2010, 8:03 pm
RIP Killer

But if you want guys like Robinson, which RR does, they aren't gonna go play at a school like OSU or MI or whoever because their skill set doesn't fit. Maybe you want someone better than Robinson in the long run, but if he keeps it up you'll forget about Pryor!

If RR can get MI back to winning... recruits will get drafted high and new recruits will see that. QB, maybe not as much, but Florida sends a heck of a lot of players to the NFL in their spread offense and even nabbed Tebow arguably the best college QB ever. I don't think the system will keep good recruits from staying as long as they are winning.

September 14th, 2010, 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3