View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Albert Haynesworth on the block 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post Albert Haynesworth on the block
I needed a place to say this. I. DON'T. CARE!! The coverage that this tubby bitch has received is almost Favre-esque. I'm assuming its part of the NFC East bias that the four letter network has. Every day it seems like there is some "breaking story" about the Albert Haynesworth saga. Who cares!

September 7th, 2010, 4:52 pm
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Albert Haynesworth on the block
Apparently, you do. You just gave it more pub with your post. LOL.

September 11th, 2010, 9:50 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Sort of a catch 22 I guess.

September 12th, 2010, 10:47 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

did anyone see the S.O.B. NOT hang with his defense durring on the field coaching? I nominate him for Dueche of the year...can I get a second?

September 14th, 2010, 5:23 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

I used to say if T.O became a Lion fan I'd support the Vikings.

I now will have to say this about Fat Albert.

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
-Stephen Colbert-

September 14th, 2010, 8:13 pm
RIP Killer

Everyones favorite DT is now suspended for 4 games:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5895357

December 8th, 2010, 11:33 am
QB Coach

I heard during the game that Haynesworth REALLY wants to come to Detroit, because our DLine is so active and that's the kind of ball he wants to play again.

This could be a benefit in this way:

1. He restructures his contract because we choose to give him a shot
2. He's reunited with Scwhartzy
3. In his contract we stipulate that he will have ZERO off the field issues, and that he will give 100% every time, or he will be dumped.

Our defense would rival Chicago's "Peppers" pick up with what we have now plus Haynesworth. In fact, I believe it would be SCARY. I bet Schwartz would have th reigns to keep him in line, because I think he's been humbled enough in Washington, and he sees the light at the end of the tunnel. Get him in the right system and I could almost guarantee you that He, Kvb, Suh, and Williams will have a QB in traction instead of concusion.

I'm talking a seriously nasty defense, what do you think?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 12th, 2010, 11:41 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Whil I agree with your post about his behavior and how nasty it would be, ghe is still 1 of the most dominating DTs int he league when hes engaged, and he wont come cheap. I dont think we can afford to tie up that much money into the DL.

December 12th, 2010, 11:43 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Modmin Dude

DJ-B wrote:
Whil I agree with your post about his behavior and how nasty it would be, ghe is still 1 of the most dominating DTs int he league when hes engaged, and he wont come cheap. I dont think we can afford to tie up that much money into the DL.

I disagree, I think he could be had for a significant discount. I don't think Washington will be able to trade him and will be forced to cut him and I don't see many teams taking a shot on him as he's a "trouble maker" now.

December 12th, 2010, 11:49 pm
From what I remember about his contract, wasn't most of his money guaranteed and his salary fairly inexpensive, or am I wrong on that?

If we trade for him there's not much risk... We can dump him for free with no cap hit. The only risk you take is the player(s) and pick(s) that you give up.

December 12th, 2010, 11:50 pm

He was a face stomping dickhead before he got the 100million dollar contract.

No team will take a chance on him if they dont think they can handle him. Only a few teams will even consider him, but it onlyt akes 2 for him to get near market value. He wont be the highest paid DT anymore, but he will make more than anyone else on our Dline except Suh, I would bet on it.

Edit: Now if we can trade for him, I believe the previous poster was right and he would be cheap to hang onto, and the trade might be easy since he wont be playing for them. Id trade a 4th for the rights to a cheap haynessworth for a few years.

December 12th, 2010, 11:51 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran General Manager

We would have to dump someone. Who goes? Fluellen as part of the trade? I would want to keep Hill. On any other team, Hill is a starter.

December 14th, 2010, 10:34 am

Agreed.

Your Rotation of DTs is Suh, Hayneworth, C Williams, SLH.

I just got wet.

THen you dont draft the DE and rotate Suh out to DE on Run Downs and to mix things up.

December 14th, 2010, 3:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach

If we were able to bring Haynesworth in, and he's already stated his desire to be reunited with Schwartz, and Gunther could control him. Then this would eliminate the pick that's being talked about in the other thread about Bower.

The more I think about it, the more I like Haynesworth here. Mainly because of the fear that would be surrounding our defensive front four.

I also think, (not sure but believe it to be possible) that you can structure the contract so that off the field issues are severly punished. I also think that if he were to be brought in, he should be challenged to man up, lose the weight to get back to prime condition, and start leading instead of being a cancer in the locker room. I think his conflict with the coaches in Washington, his me-itis attitude, and pride are affecting him. However, give him the right environment, and proper leadership, I think he could return to form.

From my military back ground, when you have a soldier being difficult, sometimes it just takes leadership and mentoring to bring them around. Of course, pain is an excellent teacher too, but that's for the hard cases.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 15th, 2010, 9:33 am
Modmin Dude

DevilDoc wrote:
If we were able to bring Haynesworth in, and he's already stated his desire to be reunited with Schwartz, and Gunther could control him. Then this would eliminate the pick that's being talked about in the other thread about Bower.

The more I think about it, the more I like Haynesworth here. Mainly because of the fear that would be surrounding our defensive front four.

I also think, (not sure but believe it to be possible) that you can structure the contract so that off the field issues are severly punished. I also think that if he were to be brought in, he should be challenged to man up, lose the weight to get back to prime condition, and start leading instead of being a cancer in the locker room. I think his conflict with the coaches in Washington, his me-itis attitude, and pride are affecting him. However, give him the right environment, and proper leadership, I think he could return to form.

From my military back ground, when you have a soldier being difficult, sometimes it just takes leadership and mentoring to bring them around. Of course, pain is an excellent teacher too, but that's for the hard cases.

Another thing the military has going for it in these cases is the soldier isn't making an @$$load of cash. :wink:

I would agree with bringing him in, but no to a trade unless its for a late round pick only. Washington is going to have a hard sell trying to trade him which is why I think he'll be cut. When he is cut ( :wink: ) I think he'll be calling on Schwartz to see if he can get a job. I'd say sign him to a vet minimum, incentive laden contract and see what happens.

December 15th, 2010, 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next