View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 5:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WAY-to-Early 2011 Mock Draft 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: WAY-to-Early 2011 Mock Draft
Here's a new one from today that has the Lions taking CB Patrick Peterson of LSU with the 5th overall pick:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

September 4th, 2010, 7:07 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I'd be all about it

September 7th, 2010, 4:59 pm
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
Here's a new one from today that has the Lions taking CB Patrick Peterson of LSU with the 5th overall pick:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

He was pretty incredible on returns in that first game. But I don't think he's worth that high of a pick. I could be wrong, but he didn't impress the daylights out of me with his pass coverage.

September 8th, 2010, 10:23 pm

The top rated CB by "The Hair" is Prince Amukamara from Nebraska. Granted this is an early ranking by a guy who's never coached, but he has been pretty decent in his talent evaluation. Peterson was his second.

September 10th, 2010, 11:57 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

M2K, I thought Peterson had mixed results in that game. Of course, he was awesome on returns, but we never got a full picture of his defensive play. In the first half, I think they threw at him once. LSU then sat him on defense to open the 2nd half after they had built a decent lead, but he returned after UNC began to catch up. Once he was back in the game (somewhat cold), he showed some decent coverage ability on some plays, but did get beat a few times. I guess time will tell, but I still like his combination of size, speed, and skill.

September 10th, 2010, 7:52 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Yes I know we need help in the back seven but the more I watch Stafford get hurt and Backus whiffing on blocks, I think it is time to get a franchise LT.

September 13th, 2010, 7:56 am
Team MVP

grgrundge wrote:
Yes I know we need help in the back seven but the more I watch Stafford get hurt and Backus whiffing on blocks, I think it is time to get a franchise LT.

I think im starting to agree.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 13th, 2010, 9:48 am

You need to look at the most dire need. LT or a CB. I think a CB is a little more necessary. Backus was up against Julius Peppers for most of the game, and is considered one of the best pass rushers in the league. We'll see how well he plays in the next few weeks. If he continues to look bad, then I might be able to be convinced that an LT is the best pick. I think a CB or a LB could be the better pick.

September 14th, 2010, 8:05 pm
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:

The problem is, I just don't see too many standout LTs coming out this season. Gabe Carimi and Nate Solder just don't thrill me. In fact, if I recall, had Carimi come out this past draft, some were saying he'd be best if he moved inside. Not what I want to hear about a future tackle in the NFL.

And before I'd be calling for a CB to be taken come Hell or high water, I'd want to see a few more starts out of Wade and Houston. I don't think they played that poorly. However, I definitely do want the Lions to select another CB with a first day pick, if possible, to develop. If it's in round one, so be it. Let Speivey complete his transition to safety so we have a coverage style safety who can possibly play some nickel or dime for us. If Aaron Berry can stay healthy next year, and Alfonso Smith starts to become the player the Broncos envisioned him to be, we'd have quite the secondary....with depth!

I know, I know....if, if, if.

September 15th, 2010, 3:21 pm
RIP Killer

one game into the NFL season, two into the NCAA season - as someone said "WAY-to-Early"... I agree with the desire for a LT and a CB, LB is looking like a pretty big need as well.

September 15th, 2010, 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
M2K, I thought Peterson had mixed results in that game. Of course, he was awesome on returns, but we never got a full picture of his defensive play. In the first half, I think they threw at him once. LSU then sat him on defense to open the 2nd half after they had built a decent lead, but he returned after UNC began to catch up. Once he was back in the game (somewhat cold), he showed some decent coverage ability on some plays, but did get beat a few times. I guess time will tell, but I still like his combination of size, speed, and skill.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking a pass on the guy. I'm just saying that fifth overall seems a reach to me, at this point. Of course, at this point it looks like Denard Robinson is a shoe in to win the Heisman, but I don't think that will be the case.
Let's just say Peterson didn't stand out to me in that game, defensively.

September 15th, 2010, 3:40 pm
NFL Veteran

Peterson had that breakout defensive game we've been waiting for today. He nabbed 2 interceptions.

So did a few of his team mates.
Brandon Taylor (#2 CB) grabbed 2 as well.
Nevis the DT had a Suh like interception too.

But Peterson's picks were exactly why he's a high first round draft pick. The first being the most impressive. He was stride for stride on a deep ball. Jumped the route at the apex, tipped the ball away from the receiver, then grabbed it and had a nice return. The second one was similar, but also due to a bad throw.

Taylors picks were due to very poor throws. Which really exemplifies the play making skill of Peterson.

Another guy who jumped out at me was the Linebacker Sheppard. Great downhill linebacker. He harassed the QB and ball carriers all day.

Still have Peterson at the top of my board as a guy I want for our first round pick, but now have Sheppard as a 2-3 rounder, and Taylor as a 4th round CB.

Tried to watch the Nebraska game to get a glimpse of Amakamura, but was kinda distracted so I didn't really get to focus on him. Locker had a horrible game though.

September 18th, 2010, 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Looking at the mocks on Walterfootball and they both had us taking Peterson in round one and then Greg Jones OLB Michigan State in round two. I don't follow college ball as much as I used to so I've heard a lot about Peterson but don't know all that much about Jones. Any thoughts?

I'd be happy with a CB and LB in the first two rounds. Then we'd need a LT and depth on D.

September 19th, 2010, 10:44 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

After the first 2 games, I would have no problem with the Lions going O-line with the first 2 picks.

September 19th, 2010, 5:50 pm
RIP Killer

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Looking at the mocks on Walterfootball and they both had us taking Peterson in round one and then Greg Jones OLB Michigan State in round two. I don't follow college ball as much as I used to so I've heard a lot about Peterson but don't know all that much about Jones. Any thoughts?

I'd be happy with a CB and LB in the first two rounds. Then we'd need a LT and depth on D.

Greg Jones would be a nice pickup, but I don't know if he'd be around. He may be a round one (late) pick. Jones is athletic and is a playmaker.

September 19th, 2010, 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next