View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 8:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Start/Sit Weekley Decisions 
QB Coach

Post Start/Sit Weekley Decisions
I figured I'd start this thread this year since I like hearing what other people have to say about matchups and who to start.

I'm trying to decide on a flex player and my top options are Hines Ward against ATL or Jerome Harrison against TB. Tampa's D was down last year but I think they've improved some over the offseason. I've also thought about bumping Shonn Greene to flex or even the bench this week since he plays Baltimore. Thoughts?

September 10th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Start/Sit Weekley Decisions
Thanks for doing this. It's much better to have a single thread to discuss this issue instead of several dozen of them. Everyone, please keep your sit/start questions in this thread and hopefully, you'll get some responses.

ILF, I'd start Ward over Harrison because Ward is gonna be the man in Pitt since Holmes is gone. As for Greene, I'm not a fan of his, so I'd sit him and wait to see what he can do as the primary RB for the first few weeks before I would start him. But, as always, that's just me.

September 10th, 2010, 7:39 pm
NFL Team Captain

Here's one for ya:

I have to choose between Cutler or Palmer at QB in one of my money leagues.

While we all know the Lions have secondary concerns, I'm struggling with the fact that I would have to root for Cutler against the Lions. Palmer has New England this week in Foxboro and New England has a few defensive woes themselves, I'm afraid to trust Palmer and the Gang until I see them play. Palmer didn't look that good in pre-season.

So who would you start? Cutler or Palmer? I have Cutler in at the moment.

September 12th, 2010, 9:52 am

My theory has been to always play whichever QB is facing the Lions. I know this is a new team, but until they prove otherwise on the field, I'd stick with that game plan.

September 12th, 2010, 9:56 am
QB Coach

I gotta say go with Cutler.

September 12th, 2010, 10:56 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I agree with sly, in the past its always been a good idea to play a QB facing the lions and it might be the case this year, but New england hasn't been able to get a pass rush going and they have a very young secondary. Palmer is going to have more time to throw then Cutler will. Its a tough choice. Cutler might have more yardage, but I think Palmer throws for more scores since they're gonna try to pound the run all day.

September 12th, 2010, 11:19 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

I heard Matthew Berry say to bench LeSean McCoy today against the Packers. I've got him in a league where I've also got Jonathan Stewart and Frank Gore. I bumped Stewart from flex to starting and put Pierre Garcon in as my flex. Thoughts?

September 12th, 2010, 12:35 pm
QB Coach

I benched Shonn Greene. Man he better not go off tomorrow night. I have Caddy and Jamaal Charles at RB with Harrison at flex.

September 12th, 2010, 12:55 pm
QB Coach

Flex play for the later games, Malcolm Floyd vs Jax or Knowshon vs. Seattle?

September 19th, 2010, 1:00 pm
Flex position decision.
My options are:
Fred Taylor (the only RB left in NE's system that's been there for any length of time)
Jerricho Cochery (Braylon might get limited time this week due to his DUI)
Mario Manningham (was sick Wed., but practiced Friday and is supposed to be good to go today)
Correll Buckhalter (Starting for Denver today)

I could also swap out Cochery or Manningham for Crabtree, but Crabtree is playing KC and he's starting to heat up. I'm thinking about going Manningham as my 3rd WR, as Tenn has a good pass defense and Nicks and Smith may get most of the coverage. Eli has liked going to Manningham lately as well.

September 26th, 2010, 9:28 am

That's a tough one, wjb, but I may have to go with Fred Taylor. The Pats could build such a huge lead against the Bills, that he could get a lot of touches in the 2nd half.

September 26th, 2010, 10:16 am
slybri19 wrote:
That's a tough one, wjb, but I may have to go with Fred Taylor. The Pats could build such a huge lead against the Bills, that he could get a lot of touches in the 2nd half.

That's who I have set now. Buckhalter could have a huge day for Denver, but I think Taylor is a safer bet for now. Denver could "start" Buckhalter and give all of the carries to Marone once the game starts, or pull Buckhalter for Marone to get Marone some reps if they start winning.

Sly... What do you think for 3rd WR:
Cochery (Playing @ Miami, my least favorite option)
Crabtree (Playing @ KC, who has a terrible pass D, and a TOUGH run D)
Manningham (Playing Tenn, good pass D, but he may benefit from being the 3rd option)

September 26th, 2010, 10:31 am
Player of the Year - Defense

believe it or not, Cochery might be the best option. With Braylon getting limited time, he might be the primary.

Don't sleep on the KC defense. With Berry and Flowers, they've been covering well.

Manningham might be equal to cochery this week.

September 26th, 2010, 11:01 am

wjb, you've got to play Crabtree over those other guys. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

September 26th, 2010, 11:23 am
QB Coach

I'd go with Fred at the flex and Mario as 3rd WR. It's a toss up between him and Cotchery tho. I think Fred is gonna get a lot of carries in Buffalo as the game should be in hand early. Buckhalter is probably gonna split with Maroney.

I need a second WR and a Flex Wr/RB from this group: T.O.S.S. (the other Steve Smith) vs TN who has a solid pass D, Mike Sims-Walker vs Philly, Donald Drive vs Chicago on MNF and Jamal Charles vs. San Fran. I'm leaning towards MSW as the WR and Charles or Smith as the flex.

September 26th, 2010, 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next