View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 9:39 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Does Mike IIlitch care about the Tigers 
BANNED

Post Does Mike IIlitch care about the Tigers
Dombroski is a great communicator but as far as a GM he is duping the owner. We need to get another GM maybe a Harvard grad that knows baseball. He made one good move, signing Cabby, other than that he stinks. Why did he ever let Polonco walk, we should have signed him, Sizemore was supposed to hit did he NO, his defense was supposed to be better than average was it NO, Boesch is another one he is counting on, Boesch had 1/2 yr to get out of his funk did he no, pitchers found that all they need to do is throw the ball out of the strike zone and he will hack at it. 2 month wonder nothing more. Why is he offering Inge a multii year contract, he is nutzzz. Sheffield was a bust, Washburn was a bust, Huff was a bust, and there are more I just cant remember them all, no I feel Dombroski is a good con artist and MIke IIitich is buying it hook line and sinker, just like Ford bought Millens BS. We have no farm system they are a bunch of punch and judy hitter, and trading Granderson for Jackson well I would have never let him go, he has Power which Jackson will never have how many home runs did Granderson hit this year 25 and he was hurt what 2 months, yes Dombroski is diging this team in a hole. Watch and see where they finish next year.

October 7th, 2010, 7:24 am
Post Re: Does Mike IIlitch care about the Tigers
Leroybrown wrote:
Dombroski is a great communicator but as far as a GM he is duping the owner. We need to get another GM maybe a Harvard grad that knows baseball. He made one good move, signing Cabby, other than that he stinks. Why did he ever let Polonco walk, we should have signed him, Sizemore was supposed to hit did he NO, his defense was supposed to be better than average was it NO, Boesch is another one he is counting on, Boesch had 1/2 yr to get out of his funk did he no, pitchers found that all they need to do is throw the ball out of the strike zone and he will hack at it. 2 month wonder nothing more. Why is he offering Inge a multii year contract, he is nutzzz. Sheffield was a bust, Washburn was a bust, Huff was a bust, and there are more I just cant remember them all, no I feel Dombroski is a good con artist and MIke IIitich is buying it hook line and sinker, just like Ford bought Millens BS. We have no farm system they are a bunch of punch and judy hitter, and trading Granderson for Jackson well I would have never let him go, he has Power which Jackson will never have how many home runs did Granderson hit this year 25 and he was hurt what 2 months, yes Dombroski is diging this team in a hole. Watch and see where they finish next year.

We let Polanco walk because Dombrowski was afraid of making another Gary Sheffield type of mistake. Boesch is still young, has a great approach to the plate, and will get better. Inge is a dead-horse and should either be considered a defensive replacement/utility player, or trade/cut him. Sheffield was good for us before he was a bust. We don't make the playoffs and we don't beat NY and get to the World Series w/o Sheffield. That said, there is NO WAY we should have resigned him for even 1/2 of what we paid him. Washburn and Huff were busts, but NO ONE saw that coming, and we didn't give up much for either. I don't fault Dombrowski for those moves. I do feel he could have been more aggressive in going after more proven, younger talent. I'm PISSED that we didn't go after Dan Harren. Granderson couldn't hit lefties, he was coming to the end of his career, and we got a GREAT young player in Jackson out of the deal. You can't honestly look back and call that a bad deal...

Dombrowski is fine. His biggest fault is that he wastes a TON of money, but at least he fields a decent team. If we bring in 2 quality free agents, this club will be a contender next year.

October 7th, 2010, 9:31 am
BANNED

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Leroybrown wrote:

Granderson is 28 yrs old I hardly call that coming to the end of his career. Jackson will never hit 30 home runs or drive in 85-100 runs, How many times did Jackson strike out this year, they tweeked Granderson stance and hit leffties this year, in the playoffs he hit a home run against a lefty. I disagree with you on Dombroski, he signed Cabby and thats is it, the only reason he let Polanco go was that he thought Sizemore was going to hit Major League pitchers which he was wrong he was a bust at the plate and on the field. He is going to sign Inge to a multi year deal, why??????. Sorry but the Tigers farm system is garbage. Boesch was a 2 month wonder, instead of sending him back to the minors they let him stay with the club and he did nothing. You said Granderson

We let Polanco walk because Dombrowski was afraid of making another Gary Sheffield type of mistake. Boesch is still young, has a great approach to the plate, and will get better. Inge is a dead-horse and should either be considered a defensive replacement/utility player, or trade/cut him. Sheffield was good for us before he was a bust. We don't make the playoffs and we don't beat NY and get to the World Series w/o Sheffield. That said, there is NO WAY we should have resigned him for even 1/2 of what we paid him. Washburn and Huff were busts, but NO ONE saw that coming, and we didn't give up much for either. I don't fault Dombrowski for those moves. I do feel he could have been more aggressive in going after more proven, younger talent. I'm PISSED that we didn't go after Dan Harren. Granderson couldn't hit lefties, he was coming to the end of his career, and we got a GREAT young player in Jackson out of the deal. You can't honestly look back and call that a bad deal...

Dombrowski is fine. His biggest fault is that he wastes a TON of money, but at least he fields a decent team. If we bring in 2 quality free agents, this club will be a contender next year.

You said Granderson is at the end of his career, your kidding, what was Sheffield when Dombroski signed him. I dont know why I am having this conversation with you, when you learn something about baseball and GM's then and only then will we discuss what the Tigers need.

October 8th, 2010, 7:42 am
Leroybrown wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Leroybrown wrote:

Granderson is 28 yrs old I hardly call that coming to the end of his career. Jackson will never hit 30 home runs or drive in 85-100 runs, How many times did Jackson strike out this year, they tweeked Granderson stance and hit leffties this year, in the playoffs he hit a home run against a lefty. I disagree with you on Dombroski, he signed Cabby and thats is it, the only reason he let Polanco go was that he thought Sizemore was going to hit Major League pitchers which he was wrong he was a bust at the plate and on the field. He is going to sign Inge to a multi year deal, why??????. Sorry but the Tigers farm system is garbage. Boesch was a 2 month wonder, instead of sending him back to the minors they let him stay with the club and he did nothing. You said Granderson

You said Granderson is at the end of his career, your kidding, what was Sheffield when Dombroski signed him. I dont know why I am having this conversation with you, when you learn something about baseball and GM's then and only then will we discuss what the Tigers need.

Granderson is NOT 28, he's 29, and he'll be 30 in 4 months. His game was built around speed, and he's losing it FAST. He's not a power hitter, he doesn't steal bases anymore, he can't hit lefties and he won't be able to play center field for much longer (3 years, maybe?). HIS CAREER IS COMING TO AN END...

Gary Sheffield was a power hitter, and they traditionally have careers that last 5 years + longer than average. Why? Because they can stand at the plate and knock the snot of the ball. Granderson doesn't have that luxery. NO ONE is going to keep him on as a DH, and his role in RF or LF if limited by his ability at the plate. Mags can get away with it because he has a great bat, but not many teams are interested in a primarily defensive RF or LFer.

Learn something about baseball and GM's and then get back to me...

*** Somehow it just doesn't have the same tone.... \:D/

October 8th, 2010, 10:16 am
League MVP

Quote:
Dombroski is a great communicator but as far as a GM he is duping the owner. We need to get another GM maybe a Harvard grad that knows baseball.

Leroy Brown how disappointing. I actually feel bad that you could have so much passion about something and not have a clue. "A Harvard grad that knows baseball?" what kind of a comment is that? How much baseball do they teach there, professor Leroy? Dombrowski is a proven GM and has completely turned around Detroit baseball to the point where we have competitive teams every season.

Quote:
He made one good move, signing Cabby, other than that he stinks.

yet he took us from the worst team in baseball to the World Series? that stunk real bad didnt it?

Quote:
Why did he ever let Polonco walk, we should have signed him, Sizemore was supposed to hit did he NO, his defense was supposed to be better than average was it NO,

If you paid attention you would know the answers to your own questions. Sizemore broke his ankle after he was predetermined to be the starting 2b. Dombrowski did the smart thing and but his losses. The Tigers found a viable alternative in Rhymes and by the end of the season Sizemore appeared healthy and much improved. Polanco was let go because of his advancing age an inflated payroll diminishing play. While this may be questionable for 2010 season it most likely will not be when Polanco s current contract expires. The mistake was to not really understand his market value and not offer him arbitration. BTW who acquired Polanco in the first place?

Quote:
Boesch is another one he is counting on, Boesch had 1/2 yr to get out of his funk did he no, pitchers found that all they need to do is throw the ball out of the strike zone and he will hack at it. 2 month wonder nothing more.

Ur seriously ripping a rookie that was exciting and carried the team for 2 months? His play diminished as the veterans around him disappeared with injuries. Give him some time to adjust. On a team where only one player hit more than 20 HRs this kid has some big time power potential and hits left handed plus he s playing for virtually the league minimum.

Quote:
Why is he offering Inge a multii year contract, he is nutzzz.

Because he doenst have to overpay to get him. Inge loves being in Detroit, plays extremely hard, is versatile, is a great teammate who always gives his best effort. THeir is very little available on the FA market and Inge is a superior defender who s work ethic and athleticism show he has plenty of time left before he declines.

Quote:
Sheffield was a bust, Washburn was a bust, Huff was a bust, and there are more I just cant remember them all

SHeffield was great for one season but otherwise busted, on the other hand - what happened to the 3 prospects we traded for him? None are doing anything important. Certainly none had any production similar to what Sheffield did in 2007. It was a good move to get him and try to take the next step after winning the ALCS. They didnt make it back to the WS but at least we tried.

Quote:
no I feel Dombroski is a good con artist and MIke IIitich is buying it hook line and sinker, just like Ford bought Millens BS
Ilitch is behind some of these signings a lot more than you think. He was a big fan of Damon, he had a big role in bringing in Pudge. He wants a winner badly. As for midseason trades - you have to understand that only a select number of players are available. The Tigers were close and so they needed to take a shot to improve the team. Washburn sustained an injury shortly after we got him and Huff somehow was terrible for us but this year has shown he still has something left.

Quote:
We have no farm system they are a bunch of punch and judy hitter

R U NUTS??? The Tigers led the majors in most at bats from rookies and still finished at 500 and were 1 game out of first at the half way mark. They have plenty of good young players at many positions.

Quote:
Trading Granderson for Jackson well I would have never let him go, he has Power which Jackson will never have how many home runs did Granderson hit this year 25 and he was hurt what 2 months, yes Dombroski is diging this team in a hole. Watch and see where they finish next year

The granderson/jackson trade was undoubtedly the right move. We got 4 players who will contribute to the team next season. Scherzer has proven he is a solid no 2 starter with potential to be better. Jackson is one of the best efenders in baseball and fits our park beautifully. He may not hit homers but he hits around 300 and hits plenty of doubles and is a beter man for the leadoff spot then Granderson. Coke was a solid lefty pitcher out of the bullpen - not easy to find and may be in the rotation next season. Schlereth is another left arm with some big time stuff. None of these guys were breaking the bank but are producing more than the guys they replaced. Pretty smart move if you ask anyone not named leroy brown.

as for where the team stands for next season, let s hear what you think they should do. you have been opposed to every move DOmbrowski makes. He makes aggressive trades to try and make his team better. THis year we took some good looks at young players and now have some big money coming off the books to chase some needed bats and bullpen arms. I expect Dombrowski to continue to be aggressive and field another competitive team next season. I think the organization is in the best shape its been in since DD arrived as they have many young players amongst who to choose, money to sign as FA and 2 big time starting pitchers with an ALl Star closer and potentially a couple of 1st rd pick set up men in Perry/Schlereth.

October 8th, 2010, 7:29 pm
RIP Killer

LOL - yeah, that Max Sherzer guy really sucks. Yeah, those Verlander-esque numbers really suck, huh?

Oh, and so does the soon-to-be ROTY Austin Jackson. Where was Grandy for ROTY? That's right, he could never sniff a .300 BA. Power is overrated. Jackson had double-digit triples and hit a load of doubles. He's faster than Grandy and arguably a better fielder (he should easily be in the conversation for CF GG).

October 10th, 2010, 9:47 am
NFL Team Captain

A Harvard grad the understands baseball? How about the Bush family? :finger:

March 7th, 2011, 9:53 pm
jomo269 wrote:
A Harvard grad the understands baseball? How about the Bush family? :finger:

Ha... Way to get your F U in after the guy gets banned...

:idea: :arrow:

March 9th, 2011, 1:34 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]