View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Michigan vs. Michigan State Smack Talk 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Michigan vs. Michigan State Smack Talk
BillySims wrote:
I was more so ripping Lloyd Carr, (Yes, the head coach determines how strong of non-conference competition his team faces.), for scheduling "Patsies" than comparing MSU. The CMU thing was just to prove that it does happen from time to time.

Richrod has worked out like M&M with the Lions. Remember that that whole fiasco started after a 9-7 season (under a Bo disciple :wink: )

I agree that Carr lost some fire and the program suffered, but we still fielded some very strong teams post-natl. championship--just not perfect (as many people were expecting). I also agree that the program has to be brought into the 21st century in terms of how it approaches college football at large, whether it's pre-conference play, bowl games, or whatever--it's not enough to just dominate the Big Ten anymore.

October 16th, 2010, 11:35 am
Hall of Fame Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:
I was more so ripping Lloyd Carr, (Yes, the head coach determines how strong of non-conference competition his team faces.), for scheduling "Patsies" than comparing MSU. The CMU thing was just to prove that it does happen from time to time.

Richrod has worked out like M&M with the Lions. Remember that that whole fiasco started after a 9-7 season (under a Bo disciple :wink: )

I agree that Carr lost some fire and the program suffered, but we still fielded some very strong teams post-natl. championship--just not perfect (as many people were expecting). I also agree that the program has to be brought into the 21st century in terms of how it approaches college football at large, whether it's pre-conference play, bowl games, or whatever--it's not enough to just dominate the Big Ten anymore.

Gary Mohler was only an interim HC after taking over for the jerk ( having a brainfart and can't remember his name right now), that flat out quit half way through the season.

But, had Mohler been given the full time job, I seriously doubt the Lions would have reached the depths that they did.

October 17th, 2010, 9:57 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Gary Mohler was only an interim HC after taking over for the jerk ( having a brainfart and can't remember his name right now), that flat out quit half way through the season.

But, had Mohler been given the full time job, I seriously doubt the Lions would have reached the depths that they did.

I know, I was just saying that Lions fans at that time were saying the same thing that Michigan fans were saying at the end of Carr. We ONLY went 9-7!!! Time to throw the baby out with the bath water!

October 18th, 2010, 10:43 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Quote:
Jim Harbaugh only criticized the Wolverine program AFTER they threw their tradition in the toilet

No, he made those comments before the 2007 season:

http://thosewhostaywillbechampions.blog ... ments.html

October 20th, 2010, 6:13 am
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

TLB - there was no way in hell that program was going to go 9-7 again the following year. The team was losing a TON of talent (virtually ALL of their offensive skill, players, and some good talent on D as well). Ryan Mallet was home sick and he was leaving the program regardless as to who was going to be the coach. Lloyd Carr saw the writing on the wall, knew that the team was going to need to be rebuild, he knew that he didn't have the energy to do it, so he got out.

October 20th, 2010, 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4