View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Seriously, can Michigan fire Greg Robinson? 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Seriously, can Michigan fire Greg Robinson?
Our defense has never been so embarrasingly bad. The 3-3-5 is getting killed and team of 3 guys can score on us. Syracuse is what it is today because of Greg Robinson.

Why is he still our defensive coach?

October 16th, 2010, 4:47 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Seriously, can Michigan fire Greg Robinson?
1) This should go in the NCAA forum

2) You can only coach so much. At some point, you need talent, which Michigan doesn't have. Though to be fair, I think Robinson is pretty bad. He hasn't done anything in 10 years.

October 17th, 2010, 4:18 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I moved this to the appropriate forum.

As for Greg Robinson, of course he needs to go, along with DickRod and his entire staff. I've been saying this for awhile now, but it's only a matter of time.

Also, the 3-3-5 is working just as I envisioned it would in the Big Ten, so no real surprise there. But, as Blueskies said, you need talent to win, which is something that Michigan lacks on defense. Then again, I've been bitching for the past couple of years that DickRod was recruiting QBs, WRs, and RBs at the expense of the defense, so this doesn't come as much of a surprise to me either.

October 17th, 2010, 7:04 am
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
I moved this to the appropriate forum.

As for Greg Robinson, of course he needs to go, along with DickRod and his entire staff. I've been saying this for awhile now, but it's only a matter of time.

Also, the 3-3-5 is working just as I envisioned it would in the Big Ten, so no real surprise there. But, as Blueskies said, you need talent to win, which is something that Michigan lacks on defense. Then again, I've been bitching for the past couple of years that DickRod was recruiting QBs, WRs, and RBs at the expense of the defense, so this doesn't come as much of a surprise to me either.

You mean that OUTSIDE of Denard Robinson, There is nearly NO talent on the entire team. And did he go recruiting Kickers on skid row or something? That bumb will do. Hey will you sign a national letter of intent?

This is the most talentless Wolverine team that I can ever remember. RichRod has Millenized the Wolverines.

October 17th, 2010, 10:03 am
QB Coach

What do you need a kicker for when you score all those RR touchdowns! :roll:

I would strongly suggest they contact Mr. English again, and get his TOP 10 DEFENSE back here.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 18th, 2010, 11:53 am
RIP Killer

Here is the problem... 3-3-5 doesn't stop the run... and it seems it doesn't stop the pass either ironically...

October 18th, 2010, 12:32 pm
DevilDoc wrote:
What do you need a kicker for when you score all those RR touchdowns! :roll:

I would strongly suggest they contact Mr. English again, and get his TOP 10 DEFENSE back here.

Mr. English has proven to be the bum that he was when he was here. I'm sure Central would be happy to get rid of him. He shouldn't be coaching anywhere in D1 football.

That said, UofM does need a new D coordinator stat!

October 18th, 2010, 1:23 pm
QB Coach

Um I thought English was at EMU, and he left here with Carr went to Louisville and helped them to a good defense.

I may have my people mixed up though.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 18th, 2010, 3:35 pm
DevilDoc wrote:
Um I thought English was at EMU, and he left here with Carr went to Louisville and helped them to a good defense.

I may have my people mixed up though.

You're right, it is Eastern, but no, he didn't do anything well at Louisville. English is a bum. He was once considered a great HC candidate/NFL D Coordinator, now he's looked at as being lucky to be in D1 football. Eastern isn't really happy with him, but they'll take whatever they can get.

October 18th, 2010, 3:47 pm

Yeah, English is a bum.

Granted, its hard to do anything at Eastern when you can't get recruits, but he's never done anything noteworthy. He wasn't even that great when he was here.

October 18th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

The defense isn't horrible because of Greg Robinson, it's horrible because of DickRod. Greg Robinson isn't a 3-3-5 coordinator, the 3-3-5 is only here because DickRod wants the 3-3-5.
Fire the man who insists on having it here.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

October 18th, 2010, 8:30 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
There is nearly NO talent on the entire team

Hey...Mike Martin will probably go to the NFL...maybe the punter. I also like Roundtree for future development.

You can go after the 3-3-5 defense all you want, but that is not the real problem.

Our defense sucked last year when we didn't run the 3-3-5. And this year? The defense has been bad no matter what offensive scheme its faced. The 3-3-5 has been demonstrated to work well against the spread offense, if you have the talent for it. Unfortunately, Michigan doesn't. The secondary is the focus of the 3-3-5, and Michigan has 3 freshman and a walk-on starting there. We also lost key recruit Demar Dorsey.

Its the fact that Rich Rod has focused recruiting resources on offensive players to make his offense work.

So far, thats seemed to work. Lets give him a couple seasons to see if he can do the same with his defense. Granted, I have my own reservations with the 3-3-5 against power running teams, but so far you can not blame the abysmal defensive performances on scheme alone.

October 19th, 2010, 5:39 am
QB Coach

I did hear that we are STARTING 9 rookies on Defense this year. So that has to play into this as well. However I'm seeing a very Distinct trend.

Non-conference games we win, but as soon as we get in conference, we lose.

The AD of U of M needs to give RR a tour of the Big 10/12 schools and show him very clearly what Big 10/12 football is all about. We WERE a black and blue, road grader, run offense with some passing attacks.

Right now, cough, choke, wheeze, hack, I think I threw up in my mouth a little, OSU is running the best hybrid of the spread Big 10 style. They are powerful on both sides of the ball, and we are just a quick strike. RR needs power, and aggression to stop the run, and speed and height to stop the pass. FOCUS ON DEFENSE!!!!

October 19th, 2010, 10:31 am
Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

Hey...Mike Martin will probably go to the NFL...maybe the punter. I also like Roundtree for future development.

You can go after the 3-3-5 defense all you want, but that is not the real problem.

Our defense sucked last year when we didn't run the 3-3-5. And this year? The defense has been bad no matter what offensive scheme its faced. The 3-3-5 has been demonstrated to work well against the spread offense, if you have the talent for it. Unfortunately, Michigan doesn't. The secondary is the focus of the 3-3-5, and Michigan has 3 freshman and a walk-on starting there. We also lost key recruit Demar Dorsey.

Its the fact that Rich Rod has focused recruiting resources on offensive players to make his offense work.

So far, thats seemed to work. Lets give him a couple seasons to see if he can do the same with his defense. Granted, I have my own reservations with the 3-3-5 against power running teams, but so far you can not blame the abysmal defensive performances on scheme alone.

I agree with a lot of this. We have depth and talent on the offensive side of the ball. Our OL is good, the Qbs are set, the WRs are good, and the RBs are deep and set (but it would be nice to get a top notch runner back there).

Our D is terrible right now, but we really aren't going to be able to recruit much more offense, unless its OL. Who is going to come to a team that has a freshman 4 star Qb, a good freshman Rb that is getting playing time right now, and Wrs that seem set for the next year or two. We may get one good WR and a couple of good OLman, but that's all we really need for the next 4 years.

He's going to have to start concentrating on defensive recruits, and I think he's going to be ecstatic to do it! You think he likes having a defense that can't stop anyone?

October 19th, 2010, 5:53 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Blueskies wrote:
Quote:

The heck with that. Fire the idiot now before he does any more damage. He is Millenizing the Wolverines.

October 20th, 2010, 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next