View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 6:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Various Mock Draft postings for 2011 
RIP Killer

Post Various Mock Draft postings for 2011
Great Blue North 2011 Mid Season mock draft (1 round)
http://www.gbnreport.com/2011projection.html

DraftTek 2011 Mock (2 round)
http://drafttek.com/round12011.asp

Walter Football 2011 Mock (3 round)
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

NFL Draft Dog 2011 Mock (1 round)
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock-Drafts/2011-nfl-mock-draft.html

October 22nd, 2010, 8:06 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Various Mock Draft postings for 2011
I do not think I would be to happy with a linebacker 6th overall.

October 23rd, 2010, 11:16 pm
RIP Killer

Stallion wrote:

Would you have been happy if we'd taken a LB like Patrick Willis at 6th overall? I know I'd be happy with that.

Outside of kicker, punter, fullback, guard and center...any position at 6th overall is OK if you get a good enough player.

October 24th, 2010, 12:31 am
Team MVP

I could be wrong, but so far I dont see a linebacker worth #6 overall. I definetly dont see any Patrick Willises. Is there even a linebacker in next years draft thats got any size? Seems like theyre all about 230.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 24th, 2010, 9:27 am
Div 1 - Starter

m2karateman wrote:
Stallion wrote:

Would you have been happy if we'd taken a LB like Patrick Willis at 6th overall? I know I'd be happy with that.

Outside of kicker, punter, fullback, guard and center...any position at 6th overall is OK if you get a good enough player.

I was going to bring up Willis myself. I don't think there's a LB out there worth taking at #6 but I'm ok with drafting the position there. I'm also not aware of an OT worth taking at #6 but nobody would argue that you don't draft an LT high.

October 24th, 2010, 2:28 pm

m2karateman wrote:
Stallion wrote:

Touche'...I guess I should have been more specific. I do not think I would be happy with a LB 6th overall in this draft. I could however change my mind. I would be all about it if Vontaze Burfict was eligible.

October 24th, 2010, 11:18 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Outside of the obvious desire for the Lions to win games, I think that there is a lot of very good "mid to late first round" talent in this years draft that would really help the Lions out. If the Lions end up picking in the top 3-5 again they are somewhat handcuffed by what they can take. Plus, this year's top end talent isn't exactly what it was last year. The top guys are QB's, WR, CB, or DT's. If the Lions are at 3, is that too high to take Peterson? If a rookie salary scale is not instituted they'll be paying him an @$$ load of money too. That just makes me nervous.

Now, if they Lions are picking 7-10, I could justify some significant money spent on Patterson or Amukamara. But if they can TRADE DOWN (!!) then they can address the position of biggest need, LB. We all know that Mayhew likes the BPA strategy, and even now we can consider anyone with a pulse an upgrade, since this team has NO depth to speak of. But we all know that our needs are 1) WLB 2) MLB 3a) S 3b) CB 3c) OT. Unfortunately, there aren't any top 3 LB's in this years draft, and even top 10 might be a stretch.

If it works out that a player like Greg Jones is available in the top of round 2 and the Lions add Peterson AND Jones, I'd be a happy Lions fan.

October 25th, 2010, 10:39 am
RIP Killer

I agree that so far there hasn't been a LB that has stood out from the crowd and is a lock as a top ten pick. Sorry that I misunderstood. I am hoping the Lions can either win a few games and pick outside the top ten, or be able to trade down if they are in the top ten. Once again the strength of this draft will be dependent on juniors declaring. And without a CBA in place, I don't see many making the jump.

There are some LBs with size in this draft. Mark Herzlich is around 245-250. Don'ta Hightower and Martez Wilson are both over 250 on the inside.

A player that intrigues me, if he declares, is West Virginia safety Robert Sands. He's tall and big, with good speed. I think he'd be a candidate to move to linebacker in the NFL, and could be a good one if he does.

October 26th, 2010, 10:26 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I don't want to get in the game of drafting players to move their positions too often. Spievey will most likely stay at safety if Aaron Berry and Jack Williams can prove anything. If we're going to draft a safety and move him down it should have been Taylor Mays.

Trading down is going to be dependent on picking anywhere from 8-12, which means they better pick it up this second half.

October 27th, 2010, 3:38 pm

m2karateman wrote:
I agree that so far there hasn't been a LB that has stood out from the crowd and is a lock as a top ten pick. Sorry that I misunderstood. I am hoping the Lions can either win a few games and pick outside the top ten, or be able to trade down if they are in the top ten. Once again the strength of this draft will be dependent on juniors declaring. And without a CBA in place, I don't see many making the jump.

There are some LBs with size in this draft. Mark Herzlich is around 245-250. Don'ta Hightower and Martez Wilson are both over 250 on the inside.

A player that intrigues me, if he declares, is West Virginia safety Robert Sands. He's tall and big, with good speed. I think he'd be a candidate to move to linebacker in the NFL, and could be a good one if he does.

Sands is probably the best NFL prospect I've seen at WVU in 5-6 years. I like him a lot. However, I don't think he's a linebacker. He is long and lean--6'5" and about 220 right now. Probably a SS if I had to guess. He could probably carry another 5-10 pounds on his frame without losing a lot of speed. I don't think he could carry enough bulk to play NFL LB but I could be wrong, of course.

October 28th, 2010, 10:13 am
Stadium Announcer

Linebacker is begining to look like our outright biggest need next year in FA and the draft. Follet was arguably becoming our most consistent LB before he got hurt. we need improvements at all 3 LB spots.
I have been scouting college LBs this year and there is really only 2 LBs that we could look at in the top 15 picks. and 2 specific traits i have been looking for is 1) ability to fill his gap on time..and Hard.2) in pass coverage i want a guy that can turn his head back to the QB and make a play on the ball.maybe even make an interception. I get so sick of seeing balls fly right by our LBs head and into the receivers hands because the LB is turned around "chasing" his man.
Having said that the only two LBs worth a top 15 pick are

Donta Hightower ALA
Bruce Carter UNC

October 28th, 2010, 1:56 pm
RIP Killer

BRUCE!!!! What a Monster!

October 28th, 2010, 2:09 pm
RIP Killer

ONly one I really have a problem with is the last one with ANOTHER DT...

October 28th, 2010, 2:26 pm
League MVP

Akeem Ayers could fit the mold of a replacement for Julian Peterson who will probably be making too much money to come back next year.

December 2nd, 2010, 9:07 pm

The Legend wrote:
Akeem Ayers could fit the mold of a replacement for Julian Peterson who will probably be making too much money to come back next year.

Totally agree. Ayers seems to be a candidate for SLB in our defense and he will probably go in the top half of round 1. I might wince a bit if they draft a LB in the top 5 but ultimately if that's the best player for the system then it is tough to argue against.

Bruce Carter, a WLB, might be available at the top of round 2. That could be a nasty young LB corps for years to come.

December 3rd, 2010, 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next