View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Now we can find out about Troy... 
RIP Killer

Post Now we can find out about Troy...
Give him a couple starts over Alex Smith and we can get an idea of what he is capable of finally.

October 27th, 2010, 9:25 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Now we can find out about Troy...
steensn wrote:
Give him a couple starts over Alex Smith and we can get an idea of what he is capable of finally.

I don't think he can do any worse.. or can he?!

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 27th, 2010, 11:52 am
Absolutely nothing...

From Rotowire.com:
Quote:
Recommendation: Crabtree's fantasy value would take a hit if Alex Smith's shoulder injury keeps him out for any lengh of time. For as much as Smith has struggled this season, the 49ers' backup situation is amongst the worst in the league.
(Rotowire.com)

October 27th, 2010, 12:14 pm
RIP Killer

Bet they are missing Shaun Hill at this point (well, not after the broken arm, but before that when he played well in 5.5 games).

October 27th, 2010, 12:20 pm
RIP Killer

Smith hasn't played at all for the 49ers in a game, how can anyone say he is awful. It's laughable.

October 27th, 2010, 12:22 pm
RIP Killer

It's laughable because he's on his 4th year in the league and has stunk up the place when he has played.

October 27th, 2010, 12:30 pm
RIP Killer

Lol... stunk up enough to be named the #1 QB for Baltimore before he got sick huh... 4 years and 2 starts with a 1-1 record really is stinking it up... really... come on dude...

October 27th, 2010, 12:36 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, he was the #1 for how long? How quickly that turned. 1-1 on a team with a top 10 defense? Yeah, very tough to accomplish.

Are you really going to sit there and say that if hadn't gotten sick he would have kept starting over Flacco? Seriously??? David Carr was ahead of him on the depth chart! Also, didn't he ask for a trade during the season AFTER the trade deadline? Very classy...

Really? Come on dude.

The OSU homerism is really stinking this joint up. Smells like rotten badonkadonk

October 27th, 2010, 1:02 pm
Modmin Dude

conversion02 wrote:
Yeah, he was the #1 for how long? How quickly that turned. 1-1 on a team with a top 10 defense? Yeah, very tough to accomplish.

Are you really going to sit there and say that if hadn't gotten sick he would have kept starting over Flacco? Seriously??? David Carr was ahead of him on the depth chart! Also, didn't he ask for a trade during the season AFTER the trade deadline? Very classy...

Really? Come on dude.

The OSU homerism is really stinking this joint up. Smells like rotten badonkadonk

Or rotten bucknuts, er buckeyes :wink:

October 27th, 2010, 1:05 pm
RIP Killer

Dude, I'm not saying he is great or terrible. I FEEL he has the potential to be a solid NFL QB, nothing special, no Peyton Manning level, but consistent. You FEEL differently... and NEITHER of us has proof to back either statement up. I realize that, you ostracize me thinking your opinion is supported by facts. Flacco is potentially a GREAT QB (not of all time but amongst peers currently playing), that is why Troy wasn't put back into the lineup when he got better. Flacco was playing well, you don't rock the boat. it's not rocket science what happened.

You can't claim victory if he site because there is a better QB available on the roster. Did Rogers suck as an NFL QB and his potential stop because he was stuck 3 years behind Brett Farve? just like you said, he's ONLY been in the league for 4 years... how can you judge in that time and say they are "facts?"

Homerism? Probably a little bit, but it isn't like it is not backed up with proven potential. I'm not totally off my rocker here and you know it.

October 27th, 2010, 1:20 pm
RIP Killer

Did you forget that he sat behind Boller in 2007 for 14 games on a 5-11 club? Flacco wasn't a rookie until 2008 - and Smith didn't start in 2008. They knew what they had in Boller, Smith should have started around game 10, when they were already guaranteed to not make the playoffs.

Comparing Brett Favre to Kyle Boller is like comparing a golden egg to a rotten tomato infested with worms.

October 27th, 2010, 1:32 pm
RIP Killer

... ugg... I didn't... you are being ridiculously picky and ornery today...

October 27th, 2010, 1:38 pm
RIP Killer

... ugg... I didn't...

I didn't say you did, now did I? lol

Don't make implications. Also, I mistakenly said he sat behind Flacco - I corrected myself and said he sat behind Boller (even worse).

October 27th, 2010, 1:41 pm
RIP Killer

Really convo? Tip, if you don't mean to imply I did then don't point it out... facts are that neither of us have proof he is good or bad. You say he doesn't have the potential and I say he does. He sat behind Boller during his ROOKIE season before he took over. Ravens drafted Flacco the next draft and he got sick just before the season started and Flacco went on to show he is a really good QB, doing even better last year, and looking solid again this year. he sat just like ANY rookie, just like Stafford sat being Fumblepepper, Palmer sat being Kitna, etc. I am not sure why his situation was any more special than the others to show he is not worthy of being in the NFL. Nothing has shown he can't and he has plenty of time to show he can. Even getting a chance this week.

October 27th, 2010, 1:48 pm
Modmin Dude

Sounds like someone (or a couple someones) has PMS around here :paranoid: :confused: :shock: :lol:

October 27th, 2010, 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next