View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What team is this? 
RIP Killer

Post What team is this?
Quote:
Where do you think this team should be ranked ?

vs (4-3) Pittsburgh W 27-24
vs (1-6) UNLV W 38-10
at (0-7) New Mexico W 56-14
vs (1-7) San Jose St W 56-3
at (4-4) Iowa State W 68-27
at (2-6) Wyoming W 30-6
vs (2-6) Colorado St W 59-6

Combined Opponent W-L for this team = 14-39

The team with the above schedule is #9 Utah...... ridiculous.... At least they're joining a legitimate league (pac 10). Boise and TCU should follow suit....

I saw this... I was amazed...

October 24th, 2010, 6:10 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: What team is this?
http://www.790thezone.com/Blog/bax/blog ... D=10157301

My fav part:

Quote:
Myth No. 1: Boise State always beats big-time opponents when they play them!

Reality: Boise State has done pretty well against BCS Conference foes, 6-4 in their last 10 meetings going back to the start of the 2005 season. However, they’ve only played three BCS Conference opponents in the last two seasons and of those 10 games in the last five years, only two (Georgia and Virginia Tech) were road games outside of the Pacific Northwest.

But let’s be honest: some SEC & Big Ten teams play 10 BCS league opponents in ONE season and if they put up a 6-4 record, they’re heading to the Weedwacker Bowl, not the National Title Game. Furthermore, what team has Boise State beaten (or even played) during that run that was a legitimately elite team? The answer: no one. An overrated 2006 Oklahoma team didn’t beat a top 20 team remains BSU’s signature victory.

October 29th, 2010, 3:05 pm
RIP Killer

one thing to keep in mind, Boise and TCU have a hard time now playing BCS teams because BCS teams don't want to play them! Not all the schedule blame goes on these teams, what are they to do when the big boys want no part in them?

October 29th, 2010, 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
one thing to keep in mind, Boise and TCU have a hard time now playing BCS teams because BCS teams don't want to play them! Not all the schedule blame goes on these teams, what are they to do when the big boys want no part in them?

Join a BCS conference!!! Boise could have got in on the PAC 10 mess no problem (they wanted 16 teams!!!) and TCU could have jumped into a falling Big 12 conference. Instead Boise went to another crappy conference with hardly any talent and TCU stood pat. I don't believe they made the efforts they could or should have to get the schedule they needed.

The article points out that they are 6-4 in BCS team play against not great teams. That sounds like an MSU team for the past 10 years (not including this one).

October 29th, 2010, 4:25 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Join a BCS conference!!! Boise could have got in on the PAC 10 mess no problem (they wanted 16 teams!!!) and TCU could have jumped into a falling Big 12 conference. Instead Boise went to another crappy conference with hardly any talent and TCU stood pat. I don't believe they made the efforts they could or should have to get the schedule they needed.

The article points out that they are 6-4 in BCS team play against not great teams. That sounds like an MSU team for the past 10 years (not including this one).

I can't speak for Boise, but I live in Big 12 country and TCU didn't have an opportunity to join. Stop bashing the non-BCS schools due to a broken system. Hell, other teams that have played in the title game could complain that Big Ten schools don't have to play a championship game either - not fair, not fair....

October 29th, 2010, 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Sure, and it is valid, good thin we are getting one.

I'm sorry, but I am going to make points I think are valid. I don't feel TCU's schedule is a product of the system. ND has done well for years and continues to, heck, throw ND in there since they need people. OSU can get Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Miami (FL), etc on their schedule over 20 years and they are more of a threat year in and year out.

I don't buy it... I'm sorry.

From that article:

Quote:
Myth No. 5: But (insert power school here) keeps ducking Boise State! They couldn’t get a single top 25 team to play them and they called them all!

Reality: False. In fact, that’s the biggest lie in college football since the whole "Big Ten has no speed" argument. First of all, Boise State’s claim that they tried to play everyone in the top 25 has been proven false ... numerous times:

1. “Boise State has not contacted us,” Alabama’s director of athletics Mal Moore said. I cannot make it any clearer than that: Boise State hasn’t even tried to play Alabama, who loves neutral-site games to open season (they’re playing Michigan in Dallas in 2012). Yet, they’re willing to travel to a second-tier SEC school (Ole Miss) next year in the attempt to claim a win over the SEC?

2. Boise State turned down an offer from Nebraska that INCLUDED A VISIT TO BOISE FROM THE CORNHUSKERS! "

Boise officials have been slow to act on a Nebraska offer for a two-for-one series -- the common offer for a non-BCS school, with two trips to Lincoln. Reportedly BSU gets these offers a lot. The Broncos' attitude is that they're above that now."

October 29th, 2010, 6:58 pm
RIP Killer

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20100 ... /100929812

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100118/SPORTS/701189846

If you want to complain, pay your dues and show why you deserve it. Utah exited to the PAC10 because of the same reason... good for them.

October 29th, 2010, 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]