View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Adrian Clayborn 
Stadium Announcer

Post Adrian Clayborn
The man is a beast and tearing up the big ten and has been for the past few years. Depending on where we draft I would be thrilled to have him learn from kvb and make our d line that much better. With the play of Houston and Smith, with Aaron Berry and Jack Williams, they have 4 solid dbs which pushed that need down on the list. Why not add another dominant force on the d-line?

October 30th, 2010, 5:12 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Adrian Clayborn
Anyone know where he is projected? He looked good today...

October 30th, 2010, 7:24 pm
Stadium Announcer

Last year he was projected to be a late first round, #8 overall defensive lineman. I expect that would move him into the top half of the first this year.

October 30th, 2010, 7:59 pm
RIP Killer

Clayborn is moving up on many lists, and I have seen him ranked as the top DE for some analysts. Getting him would definitely be a great addition for the defense.

I wouldn't be so quick to think that a cornerback is no longer a need. Jack Williams has proven nothing, Aaron Berry has proven nothing, Jonathan Wade is a joke, and Alfonso Smith has shown some level of promise but I wouldn't be quick to think he's a solution in the secondary just yet. Chris Houston has been pretty solid, but I don't envision him as a top quality shutdown corner. The Lions shouldn't pass up the opportunity to get a top CB in this draft if it presents itself. A team can never have enough quality corners. Ask the Jets, ask the Patriots, ask the Saints.

Our pass rush is no longer a problem. Our ability to cover still is.

October 30th, 2010, 9:13 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I've been a Clayborn fan since last year and I wouldn't be disappointed if the Lions drafted him. However, I think it's going to come down to who is the BPA at the time (as long as they play defense or OL). Depending upon where they draft in the 1st round, I could see them selecting a CB, LB, DE, S, or OT.

October 31st, 2010, 9:28 am
Mr. Irrelevant

I would think that with the Lions depth at DE, they would only take one if it fell into there laps. Too many other holes. We still can't run the ball. In my opinion, O-line and LB's are the highest priority, followed by the secondary.

October 31st, 2010, 5:21 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
I would think that with the Lions depth at DE, they would only take one if it fell into there laps. Too many other holes. We still can't run the ball. In my opinion, O-line and LB's are the highest priority, followed by the secondary.

I would have to agree with you as far as OL goes. I was at the game today and took advantage of getting to watch Backus up close (1st row!)...and i was NOT impressed. There were times when it looked like he was about 100 lbs lighter, the way he just gets handled out there. And times when people run by him as if he has his eyes were closed.

I also agree that linebacker is a huge need also, and of course secondary too.

Im all for drafting defense in the 1st rd again, but if there is a quality LT available, I think its time to do it.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 31st, 2010, 9:50 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I would have to agree with you as far as OL goes. I was at the game today and took advantage of getting to watch Backus up close (1st row!)...and i was NOT impressed. There were times when it looked like he was about 100 lbs lighter, the way he just gets handled out there. And times when people run by him as if he has his eyes were closed.

Im all for drafting defense in the 1st rd again, but if there is a quality LT available, I think its time to do it.

Is it just my impression or is this draft going to be incredibly thin on the O-line? Looking at the mock drafts it's amazing how few LTs they have going in the first. I'm sure that will change as we get closer to the draft, but it was notable.

November 1st, 2010, 12:38 pm
Team MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

Is it just my impression or is this draft going to be incredibly thin on the O-line? Looking at the mock drafts it's amazing how few LTs they have going in the first. I'm sure that will change as we get closer to the draft, but it was notable.

I agree. It seems like every mock draft has a different #1 OT. When is there ever gonna be a clear cut #1 OT, like Joe Thomas or Jake Long?

I just know that after watching Backus, there really doesnt HAVE to be a Thomas or Long to be a major improvement over him. Just my opinion.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

November 1st, 2010, 3:15 pm
Veteran General Manager

kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

The only quality OT's are RT's.

November 1st, 2010, 6:29 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

thelomasbrowns wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:

Wonder how many starting LT's were not 1st round picks? Must be a few. I feel it is important to address the entire O-line. If they have the chance to upgrade the center and guard positions, please do so. I'm hoping they take one of each in next years draft, if not to replace starters, then to push them and bolster the depth or lack thereof.

November 1st, 2010, 10:54 pm
Team MVP

I agree liontrax. I like Raiola and his attitude toward the game, but I think hes one of the problems that we cant run the ball very well. It could be worse. And I know you cant just dial an 800 number and find a solid starting center either, but an nice upgrade at that position wouldnt hurt either.

November 2nd, 2010, 7:45 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

kdsberman wrote:
I agree liontrax. I like Raiola and his attitude toward the game, but I think hes one of the problems that we cant run the ball very well. It could be worse. And I know you cant just dial an 800 number and find a solid starting center either, but an nice upgrade at that position wouldnt hurt either.

I Would agree. I remember the 1st OC to go the last few years, players that we at least considered, although almost all of them went at the end of round 1 between 20-32 (where we are never picking). Players like Maurkice Pouncey, Nick Mangold, Alex Mack and Ryan Kalil (who somehow made it to bottom of rd 2)

November 4th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

A center would be a huge upgrade to the O line. Raiola is a smart player, but he just gets beat or overpowered too often. He doesn't get the needed push for a starting center in the league. You rarely see him getting up to the second level. For as much as he brings to the game in terms of his headiness and ability to make the calls, he still leaves a lot to be desired. He is a second tier center in this league, and near the bottom of that second tier.

November 4th, 2010, 10:00 pm
Team MVP

So lets say its our pick and we are doing the BPA approach, and that player happens to be Clayborn, and we take him. Would he take Avrils spot?

November 6th, 2010, 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next