View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Moss Waived? - Claimed by Titans 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Moss Waived? - Claimed by Titans
NFL Network is reporting that the Vikings have waived Randy Moss.... can you imagine that pickup combined with a cut of BJ? Of course I think he'll be back in NE before the week's end lol.

November 1st, 2010, 2:56 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Re: Moss Waived?
Wow! The Pats really hosed the Vikes on that one. Is Millen consulting for the Vikes these days?

November 1st, 2010, 3:21 pm
1st Round Pick

from PFT

Report: Vikings waive Randy Moss
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 1, 2010 2:58 PM ET
Randy Moss' bizarre press conference Sunday night wound up being his farewell to Minnesota.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports that the Vikings waived Moss on Monday. At his Monday press conference, Vikings coach Brad Childress mentioned that he allowed Moss to stay back in Boston for a few days before re-joining the team. Looks like he can stay there.

We have no reason to believe the story is not true, but PFT can report via a league source that Moss is not yet aware that he's been released.

Moss would now be subject to leave waiver rules and could be claimed by any team. The Bills would have the first crack at him because they have the worst record.

Lombardi writes that Childress inform the Vikings in a team meeting that Moss was out.

Perhaps there was more to the story of Moss not returning with the team on Sunday night. Maybe Moss' press conference frustrated Childress more than he let on and they say the direction his lack of cooperation with the team was going.

Either way, two different teams have decided in the second time in a month that Moss' declining production was no longer worth all the trouble of keeping him around.

At least the Patriots got a third-round pick out of it.

November 1st, 2010, 3:28 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Holy sh**. I guess that post-game madness was too much even for Chilly. Here's hoping we stomp the Vikings.

November 1st, 2010, 3:39 pm

He's open to waivers, and just imagining things in my head since he started under Linehan, could you just imagine our offense if we picked him up?

They'd have to play a corner and safety on both CJ and Moss which would open up TE's and the running game. I don't think anyone could stop that offense.

November 1st, 2010, 3:44 pm
RIP Killer

Jigga Jigga what what? I say grab him, I'm not concerned at what he said yesterday...

November 1st, 2010, 3:48 pm
1st Round Pick

njroar wrote:
He's open to waivers, and just imagining things in my head since he started under Linehan, could you just imagine our offense if we picked him up?

They'd have to play a corner and safety on both CJ and Moss which would open up TE's and the running game. I don't think anyone could stop that offense.

I was kind of thinking the same thing but ,I don't think Randy would be happy here not enough winning, young QB, so he would kind of Tank it. So I'll pass

November 1st, 2010, 3:48 pm

You have to assume he remains somewhat farmiliar with Linehan's offense...

Do your thing, Mayhew.

November 1st, 2010, 3:49 pm
RIP Killer

What a one over on the Viking though... wow... 3rd rounder...

November 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

2-5 in a division that the leader is 5-3 and a very winnable schedule the rest of the way. He could tank it, which is an attitude gamble. I don't really know how I feel about it. I wouldn't be upset if they went for it, and I wouldn't be upset if they passed for those reasons. I'm just imagining the possibilities. It wouldn't cost anything so what's the worst case, we drop bj, sign him, cut him and resign bj if he acts up... I guess it depends on who above us on the waiver wire places a claim.

November 1st, 2010, 3:57 pm
Bubbles the Lion

3 Places I would love to see Moss play:

1 Detroit
CJ, Moss and Nate would make me a 1000 yard rusher and my grandma a 10 TD TE.

2 and 3
Dallas or Cinci. I would pay good money to see those franchises implode more, if that is possible

November 1st, 2010, 3:59 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Another thing to consider is that we're not in the same place on the waiver wire as we were at the beginning of the season. We might not even get a chance to bring him in.

November 1st, 2010, 4:18 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

I would be shocked if we brought Randy Moss in. If we could turn around and trade him to someone then I could see it. But with it being past the trade deadline and we are trying to build for the future. I just don't see us bringing in an ageing drama queen/attitude problem into the locker room. Even more so with us looking at a long road to get into the playoffs. I would rather see us give Derrick Williams some more play time so we can know what we got and see if we should keep him next year.

November 1st, 2010, 4:20 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Holy shat get him!! We would be soooo sick.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 1st, 2010, 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
How about this idea guys, Moss knows the Pats more then anybody. Vikings didn't listen to him and they lost (which is a big reason why he left). What if he came to Detroit, we listen to him in the game against Pats and we can stop them and win? Hell if that means bringing him in and winning the game, I'm all for it! Moss to D town. :D

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 1st, 2010, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next