View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 5:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Proposed Trades: Accept or Reject? 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Proposed Trades: Accept or Reject?
When I heard that the Vikings were going to waiver wire Moss, I put him on my trading block thinking someplace like Buffalo would grab him. Well, as we all know by now, the Titans grabbed him.

Well, Trader Steensn has offered me a trade of Roy Williams for Randy Moss in the Lionbacker league.

Moss has 8 more fantasy points than Roy. But, now that Kitna is starting for Dallas, I think Roy's numbers are going to increase due to Kitna being more familiar with him.

I have no idea if Moss' numbers will increase or decrease.

Should I accept the trade? Or No.

Edited to add: Moss is on a bye week. So, There is time to get some feedback on the issue before I decide.

November 3rd, 2010, 10:12 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: Proposed Trades: Accept or Reject?
I wouldn't make that trade myself since Roy Williams seems to be becoming fazed out in favor of Dez Bryant in Dallas. I even dropped him in one of my leagues this week. It's your call, but that's a trade I would approve if you guys agree to it.

November 3rd, 2010, 11:41 pm
Hall of Fame Player

slybri19 wrote:
I wouldn't make that trade myself since Roy Williams seems to be becoming fazed out in favor of Dez Bryant in Dallas. I even dropped him in one of my leagues this week. It's your call, but that's a trade I would approve if you guys agree to it.

Yeah. But, with Kitna starting, I'm thinking he might lean on Roy.

Like I said though, Moss is on a bye week. So, as long as Steensn is willing to wait, I'd like some more feedback and see how this weeks Cowboys game goes for Roy before I decide.

November 3rd, 2010, 11:45 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I guess people haven't figured out that the Cowboys problem is the Oline and wasn't Romo.. You think Kitna can survive getting hit more than he did here?

November 4th, 2010, 1:17 am
RIP Killer

He did in Detroit ;)

November 4th, 2010, 10:08 am
RIP Killer

how many looks/catches did Roy have this past week with Kitna starting? And let's not forget that the Cowboys were way behind, Kitna threw for a ton of yards (top 5 game all time for Dallas). Now look at Roy's stats, there is your answer.

With CJ in Tenn, teams will still be forced to put an extra man in the box opening up things for Moss and VJ can sling it downfied.

In Dallas, the options before Roy include Austin, Bryant, and Witten making him the 4th catching option and perhaps 7th overall when you throw in Jones and Barber.

November 4th, 2010, 10:11 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I don't believe Moss is going to put up good numbers, but rather CJ, Scaife, and Britt are going to benefit from having Moss and Washington flying down the field.

November 4th, 2010, 10:14 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

personally i have NO faith in Roy and have banned him from any of my rosters. dudes is feast or famine. Might get you 20 points this week....but you'll be lucky to get 3 outa him the next. BUUUUUT it's yer call..yer both in my rear view mirror anyways! :wink: lol

November 4th, 2010, 1:32 pm
Modmin Dude

If you're playing me, take Roy; if not, then don't :wink:

November 4th, 2010, 1:49 pm
RIP Killer

All the hate on Roy, but we are not talking Roy for Calvin Johnson here, we are talking 3rd team in one year Randy Moss who no one knows how he will integrate as he produced almost zero in Min with a fleet of talent around him. I want to trade because I personally feel he has a higher chance of making something happen. My hope is that regjoe feels the opposite. Both are feast or famine players, we have a special hate relationship with Williams, but he's had 5 TD's already this year.

Really, can anyone argue this isn't just a wild tossup anyways?

November 4th, 2010, 2:46 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
All the hate on Roy, but we are not talking Roy for Calvin Johnson here, we are talking 3rd team in one year Randy Moss who no one knows how he will integrate as he produced almost zero in Min with a fleet of talent around him. I want to trade because I personally feel he has a higher chance of making something happen. My hope is that regjoe feels the opposite. Both are feast or famine players, we have a special hate relationship with Williams, but he's had 5 TD's already this year.

Really, can anyone argue this isn't just a wild tossup anyways?

Moss = HOF
Roy = Bust

Where was Moss drafted this year? Where was Roy draft, was he even drafted?

Moss = huge upside
Roy = nothing

This isn't a trade one position for another, strength for weakness. We are talking Randy Moss vs Roy Williams - really?

Can I argue it isn't a wild tossup, certainly on Roy's side it isn't a tossup - we know he sucks and has years of proof. So to answer your question, yes we can argue it easily.

Again, Moss vs. Williams - why are we still even discussing this?

November 4th, 2010, 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

FUnny how in on thread Moss is worthless and in another he's the bee's knees.

November 4th, 2010, 4:53 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
FUnny how in on thread Moss is worthless and in another he's the bee's knees.

Is one talking NFL and one talking FF, cause they are very different? Moss has been worthless from a FF staindpoint while with the Vikes, yet he opened things up for others - think P. Harvin. Same potential in Tenn as well.

November 4th, 2010, 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

So what does that do for the owner of Moss if he isn't the one producing. This year, their output as been the same. From a FF standpoint, he's JUST as inconsistent and JUST as worthless as a consistent starter. They've both pretty much produced the same though Williams has played one less game.

I can understand someone having a FEELING that Moss is better, as is my thoughts obviously by the trade... but to flat out act like Moss at this point in time for FF is any better an option than Roy for 100% sure is not basing on any facts. Sorry Pablo, this is NOT cut and dry... third team in same year, less than top notch passing QB, totally new scheme... again... you're off you rocker on this one...

November 4th, 2010, 5:03 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
So what does that do for the owner of Moss if he isn't the one producing. This year, their output as been the same. From a FF standpoint, he's JUST as inconsistent and JUST as worthless as a consistent starter. They've both pretty much produced the same though Williams has played one less game.

I can understand someone having a FEELING that Moss is better, as is my thoughts obviously by the trade... but to flat out act like Moss at this point in time for FF is any better an option than Roy for 100% sure is not basing on any facts. Sorry Pablo, this is NOT cut and dry... third team in same year, less than top notch passing QB, totally new scheme... again... you're off you rocker on this one...

Remember when Moss sucked on the Raiders and was traded to the Pats, he not only became relevant in FF he became a top 3 WR. He has been traded from Min to Ten, we can't base what he will do in Ten on what happened in Min. Really, off my rocker? Only someone who would trade someone with Randy Moss upside for someone in Dallas who totally sucks and nothing has changed to indicate any upside is off their rocker.

Spin it however you want, is there a chance that Moss continues to suck - yes. But you can bank that Williams will continue to suck, no upside. You trying to give any justification for someone wanted to trade Roy for Randy is just silly.

November 4th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next