View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Adrian Clayborn 
Post Re: Adrian Clayborn
BillySims wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
liontrax wrote:
I would think that with the Lions depth at DE, they would only take one if it fell into there laps. Too many other holes. We still can't run the ball. In my opinion, O-line and LB's are the highest priority, followed by the secondary.

I would have to agree with you as far as OL goes. I was at the game today and took advantage of getting to watch Backus up close (1st row!)...and i was NOT impressed. There were times when it looked like he was about 100 lbs lighter, the way he just gets handled out there. And times when people run by him as if he has his eyes were closed.

I also agree that linebacker is a huge need also, and of course secondary too.

Im all for drafting defense in the 1st rd again, but if there is a quality LT available, I think its time to do it.

The only quality OT's are RT's.

That's what everyone said about Trent Williams, and he's playing pretty well for Washington.

November 6th, 2010, 7:53 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Wayne Fontes wrote:
A center would be a huge upgrade to the O line. Raiola is a smart player, but he just gets beat or overpowered too often. He doesn't get the needed push for a starting center in the league. You rarely see him getting up to the second level. For as much as he brings to the game in terms of his headiness and ability to make the calls, he still leaves a lot to be desired. He is a second tier center in this league, and near the bottom of that second tier.

I've been waiting years for an upgrade at center. This years draft has a few promising candidates.
After today's game against the very beatable Jets, in which Raiola was flagged a couple of times, I'm really chomping at the bit for a replacement on D-day. I feel the same way about Peterman at guard. Last year we rebuilt the D-line. This year it's time to rebuild the O-line!!!!!!!

November 7th, 2010, 6:06 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
A center would be a huge upgrade to the O line. Raiola is a smart player, but he just gets beat or overpowered too often. He doesn't get the needed push for a starting center in the league. You rarely see him getting up to the second level. For as much as he brings to the game in terms of his headiness and ability to make the calls, he still leaves a lot to be desired. He is a second tier center in this league, and near the bottom of that second tier.

I've been waiting years for an upgrade at center. This years draft has a few promising candidates.
After today's game against the very beatable Jets, in which Raiola was flagged a couple of times, I'm really chomping at the bit for a replacement on D-day. I feel the same way about Peterman at guard. Last year we rebuilt the D-line. This year it's time to rebuild the O-line!!!!!!!

Agree!

You know you need an upgrade at the Center position when your starting Center gets 2 false starts in one game. HOW CAN YOU FALSE START, YOU HAVE THE BALL?????

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 7th, 2010, 7:52 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He knew he was about to get planted by the NG. It was clear, and that is unacceptable. And I would agree that he isnt terrible, but on his best day hes still undersized and underpowered. When hes making dumb penalties, hes a huge liability. Time for a new OC, even over a new LT (but not as a 1st rd pick since well be in top 10 again.

November 8th, 2010, 4:29 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:

The only quality OT's are RT's.

That's what everyone said about Trent Williams, and he's playing pretty well for Washington.

Yeah, he got schooled pretty good by KVB.

November 9th, 2010, 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2