View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 28th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Seriously, can Michigan fire Greg Robinson? 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Seriously, can Michigan fire Greg Robinson?
Let's just assume, for the sake of argument, that you can't get Jim Harbaugh.

Who do you bring in? And why? And, if RR goes 8-4 or 7-5 this season (which is probably whats going to happen) why do you dump him for a second rate coach who could end up even worse, especially when he's showing improvement year after year? (If he can't win a game the rest of the season, sure fire him, but I'll assume he beats Purdue, Illi, and one other random win)

Quote:
We have depth and talent on the offensive side of the ball. Our OL is good, the Qbs are set, the WRs are good, and the RBs are deep and set (but it would be nice to get a top notch runner back there).

They got their RB. A four star incoming freshman by the name of Dee Hart. Considered the best "all-around" running back recruit in the country and chose UM over Alabama.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... linton-dix

My biggest concern, offensively, is QB for the next two seasons. I don't want to write Denard off after two games, but if he's going to go right back to a complete inability to throw the football against good defenses, then he can't be the long term starter. Tate isn't fast enough on his feet to unleash the full potential of this offense, though he can obviously move the ball down the field.

October 21st, 2010, 5:47 am
Blueskies wrote:
They got their RB. A four star incoming freshman by the name of Dee Hart. Considered the best "all-around" running back recruit in the country and chose UM over Alabama.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... linton-dix

My biggest concern, offensively, is QB for the next two seasons. I don't want to write Denard off after two games, but if he's going to go right back to a complete inability to throw the football against good defenses, then he can't be the long term starter. Tate isn't fast enough on his feet to unleash the full potential of this offense, though he can obviously move the ball down the field.

Blue, I agree with you 100% about Hart. I also like Stephen Hopkins, I just didn't want to hear all the bitching and clamoring about how they're not "proven" yet. Like I said, I think we're literally set at all of the offensive skill positions for the next 2-3 years. Our offense is going to be good for a while, we just have to fix the D.

I also agree 100% about Robinson. Pat Kaputo is absolutely ridiculous, to the point where I can't even listen to him on 97.1 anymore. He still maintains that Robinson has a better arm than Tate, which is absolutely ridiculous. I would like to see RR go back to Tate as the starter and full time Qb, and have Robinson be a change of pace guy. That's what we had last year, and IMO it worked, aside from the fact that everyone KNEW that Robinson was going to run last year. They won't have that luxury this year. Robinson's decision making and reads haven't progressed as much as I would have liked, but his arm and accuracy have improved immensely! Defenses can't crowd the line on him anymore, and they have to respect his arm. That's something that they didn't have to do last year. That said, Tate still has a much better arm, he reads defenses much better, and he makes much better decisions. Maybe next year Robinson will totally over-come Tate, but this year Tate is still the better Qb and he should get more playing time.

October 21st, 2010, 12:39 pm
Veteran General Manager

BillySims wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
I moved this to the appropriate forum.

As for Greg Robinson, of course he needs to go, along with DickRod and his entire staff. I've been saying this for awhile now, but it's only a matter of time.

Also, the 3-3-5 is working just as I envisioned it would in the Big Ten, so no real surprise there. But, as Blueskies said, you need talent to win, which is something that Michigan lacks on defense. Then again, I've been bitching for the past couple of years that DickRod was recruiting QBs, WRs, and RBs at the expense of the defense, so this doesn't come as much of a surprise to me either.

You mean that OUTSIDE of Denard Robinson, There is nearly NO talent on the entire team. And did he go recruiting Kickers on skid row or something? That bumb will do. Hey will you sign a national letter of intent?

This is the most talentless Wolverine team that I can ever remember. RichRod has Millenized the Wolverines.

3 weeks after I said them, I still stand by my statements. Fire RichRod now :!:

November 6th, 2010, 9:17 am
It is ignorant to say that Denard is the only talent on that team.

November 6th, 2010, 7:50 pm
Afghan Allstar

Forcier played pretty good after Robinson went out.

November 6th, 2010, 8:30 pm
buell17 wrote:
Forcier played pretty good after Robinson went out.

He is still currently the better Qb of the two...

November 6th, 2010, 8:40 pm
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:

No, it is ignorant to claim that the Wolverines are on the right track when they clearly aren't.

November 7th, 2010, 9:47 am
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

No, it is ignorant to claim that the Wolverines are on the right track when they clearly aren't.

The entire offense is set for the next 2-3 years. That side of the ball is fixed. You can't really argue against that.

November 7th, 2010, 10:30 am
Veteran General Manager

wjb21ndtown wrote:
BillySims wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

The entire offense is set for the next 2-3 years. That side of the ball is fixed. You can't really argue against that.

Yeah, it is. As long as they are playing a team with as pathetic a defense as their own. I'm sorry. But, a score of 60+ - 60+ = NO DEFENSE FOR EITHER TEAM. That's basketball. Not football.

November 7th, 2010, 12:00 pm
BillySims wrote:
Yeah, it is. As long as they are playing a team with as pathetic a defense as their own. I'm sorry. But, a score of 60+ - 60+ = NO DEFENSE FOR EITHER TEAM. That's basketball. Not football.

The offense is set regardless of what defense we're playing against. We're not losing anyone significant for another two years, unless someone leaves early. The offense is set, stop crying.

Sure we need a bunch of help on D, and IMO it hasn't been handled properly, but I don't blame an offensive minded coach for fixing what he knows best first. If the D and the D recruiting doesn't improve immensely in the next year I would agree with you, but for now I'm not leading the pitchfork party to A2.

November 7th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2