View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 1:51 pm



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The McDaniels Trainwreck 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
conversion02 wrote:
I was referring to prior to Gym Shorts taking over. Broncos were pretty good when Shanny was there.


Then yes, he would be on that list!

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


November 18th, 2010, 3:36 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
Hey Wags, if I wanted your opinion, I'd ask for it. After spending my money on season tix for multiple years, I have purchased the right to b!tch and moan all I want. I'm sorry that you don't like that I am getting tired of supporting the losing team in the history of all sports over the past 10+ years. If you don't like it, I have some sand for you to pound. I have my opinion and you have yours. Don't tell me what I can't/shouldn't say.

Since it's only a game as you put it, why are you an admin of a forum dedicated to such a pointless cause?

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 18th, 2010, 3:40 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
steensn wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
I was referring to prior to Gym Shorts taking over. Broncos were pretty good when Shanny was there.


Then yes, he would be on that list!


I was simply saying that jobs (coaches, and sometimes players) are determined by wins, not by the effort given. Until the WINS start accumulating, Gym Shorts has proven absolutely nothing.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 18th, 2010, 3:41 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11968
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
conversion02 wrote:
Hey Wags, if I wanted your opinion, I'd ask for it. After spending my money on season tix for multiple years, I have purchased the right to b!tch and moan all I want. I'm sorry that you don't like that I am getting tired of supporting the losing team in the history of all sports over the past 10+ years. If you don't like it, I have some sand for you to pound. I have my opinion and you have yours. Don't tell me what I can't/shouldn't say.

Since it's only a game as you put it, why are you an admin of a forum dedicated to such a pointless cause?

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

Because I was asked to, simple enough. What's you're excuse?

And I don't believe I told you anything, I simply asked a question that you apparently are refusing to answer. If it's such a bad experience, then why do you keep putting yourself through it?
Quote:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein


Stop your season tickets and keep your money, then maybe you'll be happier....or find something else to biatch about.


Anywho, I'm about done with your crap. If you want to spew hatred and filth, so be it.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


November 18th, 2010, 3:45 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Posts: 13429
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
conversion02 wrote:
steensn wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
I was referring to prior to Gym Shorts taking over. Broncos were pretty good when Shanny was there.


Then yes, he would be on that list!


I was simply saying that jobs (coaches, and sometimes players) are determined by wins, not by the effort given. Until the WINS start accumulating, Gym Shorts has proven absolutely nothing.


I assumed that you were saying if the team he had was good now and he made the same mistakes that he'd be on the list. I assume that if he had a good team, the things he did well would cause a lot more wins and the few mistakes he makes would be overlooked because of the win loss record. I think we can admit with a talented team Swartz would win a lot of games. I think that means something, that his mistakes are not as big as the things he does well.

_________________
regularjoe12 - "You are crackin me up! really! HILARIOUS um let me quote some intellgent people in this coneversation: Steensn:"


November 18th, 2010, 3:48 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3758
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
I dont even see how the comparison began. McDaniel (and Childress too) are single handedly driving the good tallent out of town. They Have (or are currently) taken a potental playoff team and (looking almost intentional) driving them straight down the tubes with their total inablitlity to work with the players. Swartz may have done a couple a bone headed things but thats like saying the apple is as big as a watermelon.

2 totally different universes in my mind.


I dont get the compairison at all.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


November 18th, 2010, 3:52 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
TheRealWags wrote:
And I don't believe I told you anything, I simply asked a question that you apparently are refusing to answer. If it's such a bad experience, then why do you keep putting yourself through it?


Already have stopped my season tix 4 years ago because only this team and the most inept owner in the league would have kept Matt Millen that long. As much as I hate this team, I can't help but watch, even that 0-16 season. I grew up watching the Lions. Maybe you can pass along some of that Prozac you must be taking, since you seem to be thrilled with the performances week in and week out and you seem to feel the need to tell people what to do.

TheRealWags wrote:
Anywho, I'm about done with your crap. If you want to spew hatred and filth, so be it.


Hatred and filth? LOL. Image

Whatever, then don't read it. Simple enough, huh? Nobody's asking you to. I made one comment about being tired of the all the damn losing (I bet you didn't approve of the Millen man march and the brown paper bags offended you, huh?) and somehow you feel the need to tell me to chill.
:finger:

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 18th, 2010, 4:01 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
regularjoe12 wrote:
I dont even see how the comparison began. McDaniel (and Childress too) are single handedly driving the good tallent out of town. They Have (or are currently) taken a potental playoff team and (looking almost intentional) driving them straight down the tubes with their total inablitlity to work with the players. Swartz may have done a couple a bone headed things but thats like saying the apple is as big as a watermelon.

2 totally different universes in my mind.

I dont get the compairison at all.


Losing record - why would winners come here unless they've overpaid beyond belief?

Is CJ going to stick around if this team continues to win 2 games a season? Would Delmas resign? Would a top LT FA come here? We've seen it over the past 10 years. The answer is no. Average FAs are paid top dollar and underperform. Even then, they're misused, like Damien Woody.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 18th, 2010, 4:04 pm
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3758
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
conversion02 wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
I dont even see how the comparison began. McDaniel (and Childress too) are single handedly driving the good tallent out of town. They Have (or are currently) taken a potental playoff team and (looking almost intentional) driving them straight down the tubes with their total inablitlity to work with the players. Swartz may have done a couple a bone headed things but thats like saying the apple is as big as a watermelon.

2 totally different universes in my mind.

I dont get the compairison at all.


Losing record - why would winners come here unless they've overpaid beyond belief?
Is CJ going to stick around if this team continues to win 2 games a season? Would Delmas resign? Would a top LT FA come here? We've seen it over the past 10 years. The answer is no. Average FAs are paid top dollar and underperform. Even then, they're misused, like Damien Woody.


And thats Swartz's fault how? Seriously? I understand the bitterness. I really do.I was a season ticket holder for 15 years. Ditched em right before the 0-16 fiasco (whew!). But if you arnt enjoying watching the games this year...it's you who arn't getting it. How many games have we been within a score or less to win in the last 10 years? this year alone there have been 7 (plus 2 wins yay!) the games are exciting to watch. i KNOW they are going to lose most of thses games . thats why I dont get that disapointed. It doesn't take rocket science to know we arnt playoff ready. Matter of fact to be completly on the level with you...the Defense alone has exceded my expectaions by leaps and bounds. for the first time in years I havnt turned off a game in disgust ALL SEASON. they have been playing hard and been exciting right down to the final minutes. (mostly...stupid vikings and their duechbag coach!)

Dude that is GOOD news. yes you can look at it as the world is a dark and miserable place and only see the record.....but why? you've been beat on so much as a fan, why are you only focuising on the negative now? you FINALLY have something to get excited about. why do you refuse to see the light at the end of the tunnel? it's not here yet I know this...but at the beginning of the season did you really expect it to be? no...you didn't. so why be so upset? they ARE playing better. They ARE using tallent from players better, They ARE better. relax man...be patient. this is a whole different regime/team if you get over your anger you will see this.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


November 18th, 2010, 4:29 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
Losing by 3 points, rather than 10, simply doesn't excite me like it does some people around here. Losses are still losses and don't inspire the team. They don't inspire fans. They don't inspire potential FAs. Remember how Eli Manning wouldn't play for the Chargers because they beyond awful? Of all NFL teams, I'm sure the Leos are at the top of that list for most players.

I look at teams like the Bears (living in North Central IL, I am surrounded by all NFCN fans) and see nobodies like Tim Jennings, Husain Abdullah, Tramon Williams, Brandon Jackson, Frank Zombo, etc all playing extremely well. This has to be the worst disciplined Lions team I've ever seen. That starts and ends with the coaching. Even when the Leos was turrible under Mooch, Jauron, etc - they didn't commit a ton of penalties. Now, they have much more talent, but are horribly UNdisciplined. It's just ridiculous to see all the false starts, encroachments, late hits, etc. That's just sloppy and inexcusable.

Is that overreacting or should I take a couple gulps of the "almost" kool-aid???

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 18th, 2010, 4:33 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11968
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
Well said, regularjoe12 =D>

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


November 18th, 2010, 4:34 pm
Profile
Online
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3125
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
conversion02 wrote:
Losing by 3 points, rather than 10, simply doesn't excite me like it does some people around here. Losses are still losses and don't inspire the team. They don't inspire fans. They don't inspire potential FAs. Remember how Eli Manning wouldn't play for the Chargers because they beyond awful? Of all NFL teams, I'm sure the Leos are at the top of that list for most players.

I look at teams like the Bears (living in North Central IL, I am surrounded by all NFCN fans) and see nobodies like Tim Jennings, Husain Abdullah, Tramon Williams, Brandon Jackson, Frank Zombo, etc all playing extremely well. This has to be the worst disciplined Lions team I've ever seen. That starts and ends with the coaching. Even when the Leos was turrible under Mooch, Jauron, etc - they didn't commit a ton of penalties. Now, they have much more talent, but are horribly UNdisciplined. It's just ridiculous to see all the false starts, encroachments, late hits, etc. That's just sloppy and inexcusable.

Is that overreacting or should I take a couple gulps of the "almost" kool-aid???

Yes I would say you are overreacting. The simple reason is that you seem to not see and/or refuse to acknowledge ANYTHING positive about the team. Do you really think the team is as bad today as they were 2 years ago? Or, to come at it another way, can you name one thing that the team is better at today than they were 2 years ago?

To me, the offense is unquestionably better (they are averaging almost 30 pts. per game). The D-line (and the D overall) is better as well. In my opinion, the fact that they aren't getting blown out anymore shows progress. The team has gotten better, and is taking steps in the right direction. Am I satisfied? Hell no. Do I want them to crack down on penalties? Hell yes! But that doesn't mean that everything sucks and the team is terrible.

There are more positives now than a few years ago, and less negatives. There are no doubt things to improve (significantly), but steps are being taken and things are moving in the right direction.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


November 18th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2279
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
conversion02 wrote:
Average FAs are paid top dollar and underperform. Even then, they're misused, like Damien Woody.


I woulsd say this is true of the past Regime.

For Mayhew/Schwartz... Id say both Burleson and KVB fall into Average FAs and I believe they were paid Fair Dollars and are Overperforming.

Who were the top FA brought in their first year, contract and performance wise?


November 18th, 2010, 8:53 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10288
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Yes I would say you are overreacting. The simple reason is that you seem to not see and/or refuse to acknowledge ANYTHING positive about the team. Do you really think the team is as bad today as they were 2 years ago? Or, to come at it another way, can you name one thing that the team is better at today than they were 2 years ago?


That's news to me. Find me a quote where I say anything this team has stalled out or not going in the right direction, or anything of the sort.
I'll be waiting... I had expectations of 5-11. Yes, an improvement, but nothing shocking by any means. Losing to the Bills and getting handled quite easily? Throwing the ball out of the endzone on a tying 2 pt conversion? Haven't seem to have progressed from the Danny O back-of-the-endzone shocker. C'mon. The screw job against the Bears. The inability to convert 1 first down to make a monster comeback against a damn good Eagles team. Forking the game over to a top 5 team in the Jets. Yes, I've gotten excited many times while watching games this season...only to walk away pissed.

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
To me, the offense is unquestionably better (they are averaging almost 30 pts. per game).


You must have missed that 7-9 season when the offense was in the top 10. What's changed? The defense is putting up better stats than it did that year. They had some sort of run game that year. I believe the real difference is coaching.

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
The D-line (and the D overall) is better as well.


Yes, it is one of the best DL's this team's had in years. However, the run D is lacking. Unfortunately, the lack of a secondary and the lack of starters among the LBers appears to make up for an above-average DL.

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
In my opinion, the fact that they aren't getting blown out anymore shows progress. The team has gotten better, and is taking steps in the right direction. Am I satisfied? Hell no. Do I want them to crack down on penalties? Hell yes! But that doesn't mean that everything sucks and the team is terrible.


Who said that? I said I'm sick of the losing and I'm not going to start chugging the "almost" kool-aid like some of you people. I'm sick of watching losses, whether it be 10 points or giving the game away and losing by 3 points in OT. It's hard to have any hope towards the end of games. This team was more entertaining under Moronelli and Schartz. At least they won 7 games and even gave us some false hope to start the season. I thought Marinelli was a horrible coach, but his team was disciplined.

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
There are more positives now than a few years ago, and less negatives. There are no doubt things to improve (significantly), but steps are being taken and things are moving in the right direction.


I'm not disagreeing. If you could show me where I disagreed with your sentiment, then I'd be shocked.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


November 18th, 2010, 10:46 pm
Profile
Online
QB Coach
User avatar

Joined: August 21st, 2005, 3:36 am
Posts: 3125
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Post Re: The McDaniels Trainwreck
conversion02 wrote:
That's news to me. Find me a quote where I say anything this team has stalled out or not going in the right direction, or anything of the sort.
I'll be waiting... I had expectations of 5-11. Yes, an improvement, but nothing shocking by any means. Losing to the Bills and getting handled quite easily? Throwing the ball out of the endzone on a tying 2 pt conversion? Haven't seem to have progressed from the Danny O back-of-the-endzone shocker. C'mon. The screw job against the Bears. The inability to convert 1 first down to make a monster comeback against a damn good Eagles team. Forking the game over to a top 5 team in the Jets. Yes, I've gotten excited many times while watching games this season...only to walk away pissed.

Sorry. When I wrote my earlier comment I was thinking about wjb, not you. My bad.

conversion02 wrote:
You must have missed that 7-9 season when the offense was in the top 10. What's changed? The defense is putting up better stats than it did that year. They had some sort of run game that year. I believe the real difference is coaching.

What season was that? 2007? In that season they were averaging 21.6 pts/game which ranked them #16. That same year they also ranked 19th in total yards. So I'm not sure where you're getting your top ten comment from. Regardless, let's look at that season's offense vs. this season's:

2007
322.9 yds/game (ranked #19), 21.6 pts/game (ranked #16), 100 penalties for 676 penalty yds.
Rushing: 80.5 yds/game (ranked #31), 4.0 yds/rush (ranked #31)
Passing: 242.4 yds/game (ranked #9), 36.7 attempts/game (ranked #4)
2010
336.2 yds/game (ranked #18), 23.9 pts/game (ranked #11), 88 penalties for 656 penalty yds.
Rushing: 81.1 yds/game (ranked #30), 3.4 yds/rush (ranked #31)
Passing: 255.1 yds/game (ranked #7), 43.4 attempts/game (ranked #1)

So, the offense actually isn't a ton better. It is better overall, scoring a couple more points per game. The rushing yds/attempt are worse this year, but in both years they were ranked 31st. The crazy thing is that we're averaging more passing yards per game than we did under Martz. I suppose that is a result of the non-existent running game to balance it, so they have to pass. The troubling thing for me is the penalties. Way too many this year. But I didn't need a stat to tell me that :evil:

conversion02 wrote:
Yes, it is one of the best DL's this team's had in years. However, the run D is lacking. Unfortunately, the lack of a secondary and the lack of starters among the LBers appears to make up for an above-average DL.

Actually the run D has been much better as of late. In terms of yds/game, they're giving up 130.2 (ranked #7. I was shocked by that one. They are giving up 4.7 yds/rush, which is ranked #28. So there are definitely areas that need improvement (LBs like you said), but the run D has improved as the year has gone along.

conversion02 wrote:
Who said that? I said I'm sick of the losing and I'm not going to start chugging the "almost" kool-aid like some of you people. I'm sick of watching losses, whether it be 10 points or giving the game away and losing by 3 points in OT. It's hard to have any hope towards the end of games. This team was more entertaining under Moronelli and Schartz. At least they won 7 games and even gave us some false hope to start the season. I thought Marinelli was a horrible coach, but his team was disciplined.

Again, this was one where I was thinking of wjb. You didn't say they are terrible and that everything sucks. Sorry about that. The one thing I will say though, is that Marinelli had a much better starting point than Schwartz. He took over a 5-11 team, whereas Schwartz took over the 0-16 team. No contest.

Again, sorry for mistaking your comments with wjb's. You haven't been so negative and I apologize.

_________________
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson


November 21st, 2010, 12:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.