View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 8:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 DR is a Special Player 
RIP Killer

Post DR is a Special Player
Almost done with the season, halfway through the Big Ten schedule and he still has the most yards in the NCAA rushing of any player. He is something special... unfortunately, he is all UM has.

November 5th, 2010, 6:47 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: DR is a Special Player
UM total yardage: 4147
DR total yardage: 2796
= 67% of all yardage from UM

Compared to Newton
Auburn total yardage:4583
Newton total yardage: 2685
= 58% of all yardage from Auburn

Compared to TP
OSU total yardage:4102
Pryor total yardage: 2776
= 67% of all yardage from OSU

Interesting to see the top 3 rushing QB's in the nation. Seems as if Pryor gets more done in the air, Robinson the most on the ground, and Newton's passing is not keeping up with his running. So why is Newton the front runner? Oh ya, no loses and a #1 ranking ;)

November 5th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Unfortunately, Denard seems to get hurt in every game that UM plays. If he was on the field for every snap, his stats would be even better. Scary thought, isn't it?

November 5th, 2010, 9:08 pm
slybri19 wrote:
Unfortunately, Denard seems to get hurt in every game that UM plays. If he was on the field for every snap, his stats would be even better. Scary thought, isn't it?

If we had any sort of defense he wouldn't get 1/2 as many chances...

Also, keep in mind that "his" passing yards are being caught by someone...

November 5th, 2010, 10:09 pm
RIP Killer

[Image

it be even more if he learned how to tie his shoes... :lol:

He has been very fun to watch this season, I hope the rest of the team can get back to UofM standards soon!

November 5th, 2010, 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

I've also heard that Michigan is starting 9 defensive rookies. So I don't know if it's a fact that we just need to focus on defense now or what. From what I hear RR is an offense minded coach, and builds his systems to beat you by points. He doesn't stop you he just outscores you with more points. It's not a Michigan system or way of thinking, and I believe we need to scrap the 3-3-5 and go with a traditional defense that is geared at stopping people. 4-3 or 3-4 I don't care just get something that will stop Big 10 teams.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 7th, 2010, 10:09 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Some more DRob love, putting up some guady stats with three games to go and if he stays healthy he'll record some first for an NCAA QB:

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/ ... 10aac.html

November 9th, 2010, 11:04 am
Player of the Year - Defense

So, with 7 wins, I think Rich Rod has pretty much secured his job for another season unless Michigan gets completely blown out in both of the next two games.

They'll probably fire Greg Robinson because someone has to be the fall guy. However, I think its completely unjustified--lack of talent/too many underclassman is quite clearly the major problem with the defense.

A bad Big 10 record and a (probable) 1-2 in rivalry games sucks, but he showed that he can run his offense without Pat White and against Big 10 teams. If they can improve the defense next year as much as they improved the offense this year, they ought to be an upper echelon Big 10 team once again.

November 14th, 2010, 5:27 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Blueskies wrote:
So, with 7 wins, I think Rich Rod has pretty much secured his job for another season.

I certainly hope not.

November 14th, 2010, 9:34 pm
Blueskies wrote:
So, with 7 wins, I think Rich Rod has pretty much secured his job for another season unless Michigan gets completely blown out in both of the next two games.

They'll probably fire Greg Robinson because someone has to be the fall guy. However, I think its completely unjustified--lack of talent/too many underclassman is quite clearly the major problem with the defense.

A bad Big 10 record and a (probable) 1-2 in rivalry games sucks, but he showed that he can run his offense without Pat White and against Big 10 teams. If they can improve the defense next year as much as they improved the offense this year, they ought to be an upper echelon Big 10 team once again.

Greg Robinson deserves to be fired. His defensive game plan for the PSU game was utterly ridiculous and cost us the game. On PSU's first drive they converted 3 3rd and longs IN A ROW with bs screen passes. We got absolutely zero pressure on their Qb. We didn't try to confuse a freshman Qb that had never started before by adjusting our D or moving people around. And he ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to use a 4-5 man front when we're getting beat upfront (and we seemingly have DL talent... I don't understand why William Campbell can't get his fat azz on the field... At least give him a shot!).

November 15th, 2010, 3:09 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

slybri19 wrote:
Blueskies wrote:
So, with 7 wins, I think Rich Rod has pretty much secured his job for another season.

I certainly hope not.

Who did those seven wins come against? He's done.

November 22nd, 2010, 9:32 pm

Unless its another 42-7 performance this Saturday, I'll keep saying that he stays.

November 23rd, 2010, 4:58 am

Ah, the glory days....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mdCB-Dx ... r_embedded

November 23rd, 2010, 11:05 am
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:

Ahhh... nothing like thinking 10 years in the past...

November 23rd, 2010, 11:16 am

It's all I got man.

Well, that and a significantly superior education.

November 23rd, 2010, 11:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next