View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 9:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 3 Big Ten Teams in Top Ten 
RIP Killer

Post 3 Big Ten Teams in Top Ten
Very cool: Wisconsin #5, OSU #6, MSU #8

November 28th, 2010, 11:17 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: 3 Big Ten Teams in Top Ten
Sparty has their best season in 50 years and will wind up in the Capital 1 Bowl. Ouch.

Looks like
Wisco in Rose
OSU in @large
Sparty in Capital One
Mich in Insight/Gator (depending on if they jump Iowa...which they may considering their offensive appeal and large alumni base)

November 28th, 2010, 11:31 pm
RIP Killer

MSU had a great year, hafta give them credit, but they are no Wisconsin... who is obviously the best in the Big Ten from a total package and consistency standpoint.

November 29th, 2010, 12:01 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Blueskies wrote:
Sparty has their best season in 50 years and will wind up in the Capital 1 Bowl. Ouch.

Looks like
Wisco in Rose
OSU in @large
Sparty in Capital One
Mich in Insight/Gator (depending on if they jump Iowa...which they may considering their offensive appeal and large alumni base)

With all due respect to MSU and their season, in my opinion this years squad doesn't even hold a candle to the 1966 or 67 squad that was near perfection and were led by the legends in Bubba Smith and George Webster.

November 29th, 2010, 9:41 am
RIP Killer

grgrundge wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

Looks like
Wisco in Rose
OSU in @large
Sparty in Capital One

With all due respect to MSU and their season, in my opinion this years squad doesn't even hold a candle to the 1966 or 67 squad that was near perfection and were led by the legends in Bubba Smith and George Webster.

How old are you ;) Who can even compare those teams!? HAHA!

November 29th, 2010, 11:04 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

steensn wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
Blueskies wrote:

Looks like
Wisco in Rose
OSU in @large
Sparty in Capital One

How old are you ;) Who can even compare those teams!? HAHA!

Old enough to know better :wink:

But seriously, that MSU squad in the 60s was an amazing team and I'm not even a Sparty fan.

November 29th, 2010, 11:26 am
RIP Killer

I'll take your word for it...

November 29th, 2010, 11:44 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
MSU had a great year, hafta give them credit, but they are no Wisconsin... who is obviously the best in the Big Ten from a total package and consistency standpoint.

With all due respect MSU beat Wisconsin in Wisconsin!

November 29th, 2010, 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pablo wrote:
steensn wrote:

With all due respect MSU beat Wisconsin in Wisconsin!

With all due respect, MSU beat Wisconsin by a fake punt. They also barely beat Penn St., ND, Purdue, and they got blown out by Iowa.

MSU is not even in the same league as OSU or Wisconsin. MSU had a very lucky year. They're lucky that they played Wisc. when they were down, and lucky that they didn't have to lose to OSU. Had MSU played OSU this year we would have seen MSU exposed for what they are - the 3rd best team in the Big 10 (maybe 4th... behind Iowa).

November 29th, 2010, 1:21 pm
RIP Killer

I still don't understand the BCS rankings. Yes, MSU beat WIS @ WIS. They didn't play OSU. They lost to Iowa, who WIS beat, but MSU lost to. Why shouldn't MSU jump WIS since MSU handily beat them? Yes, WIS beat the hell out of Indiana and Northwestern, but MSU beat WIS. WIS gets bonus points for riding up the score on bad teams. MSU is penalized in BCS standings because they didn't run up the score when they could have. They're not built to do that and I can't see them doing that.

It'd be nice to see a Big 10 championship game and a BCS playoff system.

November 29th, 2010, 1:25 pm
RIP Killer

Yes, they pulled out a great win. But a last second win on a gimmick play means they took advantage to get the win. Wisc. dominated OSU like we never played football before in the first QTR and did what they needed to to stay ahead. I think played 100 times OSU comes out on top more than times than not, but it is the way the cookie crumbles. Wisc. has dominated opponents since while MSU has squeaked by.

Upsets happen, that is why they are called upsets ;) No disrespect to MSU, they ARE a good team, I just don't think they are better than Wisc or OSU.

November 29th, 2010, 1:27 pm
RIP Killer

Ill be happy for a champ game as well. Can clear up some of this stuff.

November 29th, 2010, 1:28 pm
RIP Killer

The winning team is the better team. MSU beat Wisconsin. It doesn't matter if they win by 1 pt or by 100 points. A win is a win. Head to head is what matters, not by margin of victory against poor teams.

November 29th, 2010, 1:29 pm
conversion02 wrote:
The winning team is the better team. MSU beat Wisconsin. It doesn't matter if they win by 1 pt or by 100 points. A win is a win. Head to head is what matters, not by margin of victory against poor teams.

So Iowa is better than MSU? Meaning, MSU is the 4th best team in the Big 10? Or should they still be 3rd best, but they should be behind Iowa and OSU instead of OSU and Wisconsin?

November 29th, 2010, 1:30 pm
RIP Killer

I can agree that I do not understand why the computer rankings have MSU below Wisc. I can give you that... but ranking teams I cannot put MSU ahead just like I cannot put Alabama above Arkansas, Missouri or Texas A&M above Oklahoma, or Iowa above MSU.

The better team doesn't always win. Lions won 2 games this year right? ;)

November 29th, 2010, 1:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next