View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 TCU to join Big East 
RIP Killer

Post TCU to join Big East
This is what I'm talking about. TCU is stepping up:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 54d64.html
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges ... s-security

Boise? Where you be at?

I really though the Big 12 would look to bring TCU in, but here we are, TCU is stepping up.

November 29th, 2010, 1:06 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: TCU to join Big East
I was hoping the Big XII would of brought them on board as well steen.

NEVER GIVE UP!

November 29th, 2010, 2:17 pm
RIP Killer

TCU shot down a chance to play OSU:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... tcu_m.html

No one can say that Boise and TCU don't get offers to play big schools. They turn them down...

November 30th, 2010, 4:55 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
TCU shot down a chance to play OSU:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... tcu_m.html

No one can say that Boise and TCU don't get offers to play big schools. They turn them down...

Lets gloss over the fact that TCU already had Virginia on their schedule that week and the fact that OSU would not agree to a home/away series and play at TCU.

TCU has joined a better conference, time to lay off claiming they don't want to play anybody... In fact, they have picked up a schedule where their away games are about 2,000 miles from campus every other week.

November 30th, 2010, 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I've already stated I'm glad they are stepping up. I just hate to see that they get offers but shoot them down and no one acknowledges it. They could have moved things around if they were serious about a NT. TCU and Boise are not above scheduling one away game to boost the schedule.

November 30th, 2010, 5:36 pm
Heisman Winner

It's a good choice by TCU because the Big East is the weakest BCS conference.

December 1st, 2010, 12:32 pm
RIP Killer

hamma77 wrote:

And they likely couldn't compete in a tougher division.

December 1st, 2010, 12:34 pm
Heisman Winner

steensn wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

And they likely couldn't compete in a tougher division.

I do think they jump in and become the best team in the Big Easy though, I do think they will lose 1-3 games a year though.

December 1st, 2010, 12:39 pm
RIP Killer

I agree, I think the Big East is the perfect fit, but realizing this means they are not as good as people want to believe they are. Same with Boise.

December 1st, 2010, 12:46 pm
RIP Killer

A lot of arrogance, much like OSU president E. Gordon Gee who called opponents of Boise State and TCU the "Little Sisters of the Poor".

Gesh, imagine a division 1 school beating a big BCS school, oh wait. Imagine a huge upset during March Madness, oh wait.

TCU agrees to go to a BCS division and you guys still can't stop bashing, please. blah, blah, blah.

OSU is 1-1 against top 25 teams this year, TCU is 2-0. Their strength of schedule is virtually the same.

I guess we should fault OSU for scheduling cupcakes - Marshall, E. Mich, and Ohio as their out of conference games (oh, and all at home since they won't play any of these teams on the road). Those are the games they have control of.

December 1st, 2010, 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo, I can have an opinion, you can have a different one. Doesn't mean I'm arrogant.

And yes, if OSU didn't schedule teams like Texas, USC, and Miami (they scheduled them when they were good... not their bad for them sucking) then they could make a case that OSU didn't schedule tough teams.

I APPLAUDED TCU in THIS thread that I started... I also gave my opinion that TCU could not handle a tougher conference. Stop ignoring things I say and over exaggerating other things. Give me some credit...

December 1st, 2010, 3:02 pm
RIP Killer

I think your "opinion" is arrogant, you are not. OK, I'll give you a little credit as much as it pains me to do so and makes this not nearly as much fun. But the OSU prez is surely arrogant... :oops:

December 1st, 2010, 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

You have to admit, what Gee said was hilarious... You couldn't help but laugh...

But I will say, is it an arrogant sounding opinion? I guess so... but I am really big into earning stuff. If a team comes from the ashes and starts showing signs they are pretty dang good, then they should acknowledge they have to do everything in their power to do what it takes to prove they deserve to be there. That means taking 1 games away to play a Texas or OSU with no return game the next year. Do that a few times, move into a bigger league, then you have proven you earned it.

I'm more mad that the BCS actually matched TCU and Boise up two years in a row. What does that prove? They both should have received chances to play against known opponents to prove themselves, that is not their fault for sure, I blame bad match-ups. But Boise has had ONE meaningful bowl game against Oklahoma... that smells like an upset to me.

What does TCU have? A win over Oklahoma asa well...

Again, if they feel they are tough enough, they need to do what it takes to show it. Moving to the Big East helps. They will get an auto bowl bid if they win out, so they have chances to prove themselves if they can face the tougher competition. Great for them...

But Boise needs to step up... seriously, the Mountain West? They know there is no auto bowl bid... if they want to show they can hang, they need to accept the 1 games away with big teams, show them they can hang, and earn it. Are they good enough now? MAYBE! But I all about earning it. They have showed they deserve consideration but they have not showed consistent winning against top competition. no one can say TCU nor Boise's schedule was tough. I'm not saying other big school's schedules are WAY better, but they are a known entity... they are not.

Arrogant? Maybe, I just want teams to show they earned it... more than a few spotty games here or there that smell of upsets. I'm glad TCU will get to face someone other than Boise this year, it should help their case.

December 1st, 2010, 3:58 pm
RIP Killer

Quote:
"What do I know about college football? I look like Orville Redenbacher. I have no business talking about college football," he said Wednesday, according to The Columbus Dispatch.

How can you not like the guy, he's hilarious!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5874511

December 2nd, 2010, 3:58 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, he probably realized after he made some dumb statements that his superior team played the powerhouses of Marshall, Ohio, and Eastern Michigan. You know those powerhouses sporting a combined 15-21 record.

At least that clown admitted he was wrong and did so without some generic statement. You figure anyone sporting a bowtie would know not to open their mouth in the first place, especially the President of a major university.

December 2nd, 2010, 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next