View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sam Bradford 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Sam Bradford
I had insisted that Bradford would be better than any QB taken the year we took Stafford... seems that is the case.

December 7th, 2010, 11:02 am
TheRealWags wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
How so? Bradford's transformed an offense worse than the Lions into a solid offense, with only one player worth half a crap. He doesn't have the talents of CJ, Nate, Pettigrew, etc. Bradford looks like a stud this season, behind an OL worse than ours.

Stafford, with two seasons under his belt, has played a whopping 13 games. Who cares about potential when we see it a few times a year? So far, Bradford's earning his paycheck...Stafford's not.

Simple, we're talking about FUTURE, not here and now. If you want to say that Bradford is better NOW, then I will agree, but to say he "likely" has a brighter future than anyone, is IMO premature. Bradford is in year 1 and Stafford is in year 2, either one or both could have career ending injuries at any time. Let's revisit this in at least 2 years when each has had at least 3 years in the league (the so-called minimum to evalute players)

In Bradford's ONE SEASON he's put up better numbers than Stafford's two seasons. Bradford seems to have a more serious and cerebral approach to the game, while Stafford is more caviler and laid back (which, IMO, is one of his biggest problems). Bradford seems to work much harder than Stafford in the weight room, and Bradford seems much more like a true leader.

If you'd like to place a wager on this prediction, I'm all for it...

December 7th, 2010, 11:42 am
RIP Killer

Yes, Wags, and so far, Bradford's future looks brighter. He's got the respect, the command of the offense, his team's winning games, he's doing things the right way, and he's staying healthy.

Stafford's future is cloudy, just like his half dozen visits to Dr Andrews over the past 2 years. I like Stafford, but I have always like Bradford better...and Bradford's proven a heck of a lot more in one year than Stafford has in 2 (and Bradford's got a lot more nobodies).

December 7th, 2010, 12:03 pm
Modmin Dude

Fine, you guys can pass judgement already if you want, I will choose to wait at least another year to see where they're at.

December 7th, 2010, 2:01 pm
RIP Killer

I don't think it is passing judgement and deciding, but taking a look at the results so far, things look good for Bradford. He was still #1 overall, biggest contract in history, got on a better team than he would have been on otherwise, has shown more as a rookie than the last #1 pick, etc. Is it too soon to write the book, yup! But it isn't too soon to speculate.

December 7th, 2010, 2:04 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
Fine, you guys can pass judgement already if you want, I will choose to wait at least another year to see where they're at.

There's no "passing judgment" I said that Bradford's future looks brighter. I didn't say that Stafford was never going to amount to anything (I don't think he will, but I'm not placing that label on him yet).

*** I really think that one of the biggest problems with this board is that people are so emotionally charged up about the topic that they often see things that aren't there, put words into people's mouths and defend (or go on the offense) about a subject that isn't even being discussed.

December 7th, 2010, 3:57 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
*** I really think that one of the biggest problems with this board is that people are so emotionally charged up about the topic that they often see things that aren't there, put words into people's mouths and defend (or go on the offense) about a subject that isn't even being discussed.

Is this directed at me? Just wondering as I am one of those peeps that is in favor of drafting Luck if the oppotunity presents itself....

...just sayin'

December 7th, 2010, 4:53 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Is this directed at me? Just wondering as I am one of those peeps that is in favor of drafting Luck if the oppotunity presents itself....

...just sayin'

It's directed at the majority of the board, actually.

I think you did it this one time, here, by stating that predicting that Bradford looks to have a brighter future means giving up on Stafford. Honestly though, you're one of the more rational and level-headed people on here.

December 7th, 2010, 6:43 pm
Hall of Fame Player

TheRealWags wrote:

Me too Wags.

The Offensive line is far better than anyone wants to admit. And OH YEAH, he has Steven Jackson at RB. When you can run the ball, you can line Steensn and any other slappy bucknut ,( :twisted: ), up at WR and be able to get them the ball a few times a game.

edited to add:

says the most illogical and un-objective posters on the board. ( I just saved you the hassle of writing this yourself wjb. LOL )

December 7th, 2010, 6:51 pm
RIP Killer

Ironic because a former top WR pick from UM is getting out shined by a lowly late round WR from OSU... ;) silly Michiganders... Just because you are Canada's Jamaica doesn't mean you are special.

December 7th, 2010, 9:22 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Ironic because a former top WR pick from UM is getting out shined by a lowly late round WR from OSU... ;) silly Michiganders... Just because you are Canada's Jamaica doesn't mean you are special.

Ted Ginn Jr - what a tremendous top 10 bust. Wait, can we use the word Colossal here?

December 7th, 2010, 10:26 pm
BillySims wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

Me too Wags.

The Offensive line is far better than anyone wants to admit. And OH YEAH, he has Steven Jackson at RB. When you can run the ball, you can line Steensn and any other slappy bucknut ,( :twisted: ), up at WR and be able to get them the ball a few times a game.

edited to add:

says the most illogical and un-objective posters on the board. ( I just saved you the hassle of writing this yourself wjb. LOL )

Ha... Nice Billy...

Here's my problem with the Steven Jackson/OL argument...

It's the same as the "NE players are only good because of the scheme" argument... Scheme and team building philosophy is adoptable. ANYONE can fix their OL first and get their OL first, before drafting a Qb. We CHOSE not to do that (3 times!!!), and it hasn't worked out for us...

People say that Matt Cassel was only a good Qb because of NE's scheme. They've said the same thing about their D, and their WR's, but we can adopt the "scheme" if that's what is making them great...

(An aside: IMO the argument about NE only being great because of their scheme is whack... it's good judge of talent and great coaching that makes NE great, but it doesn't change the point that posters on here complain that Sanchez and Bradford have more around them, sparking their respective success... and those are the SAME posters that wanted to draft Stafford before building the team to the point that SL and NYJs were at before drafting their respective Qbs. It's maddening...)

December 8th, 2010, 2:23 am
RIP Killer

It's not talent and it's not even THAT much coaching - it's execution. Players execute their blocks, sheds, cuts, fakes, etc flawlessly in NE. That's coaching and player execution. Sure, the play calls here suck complete ballz from time to time, but the execution isn't there. Some of that execution lies with fundamentals these chumps learned in rocket football. That has little to do with talent.

December 8th, 2010, 9:03 am
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
steensn wrote:

Ted Ginn Jr - what a tremendous top 10 bust. Wait, can we use the word Colossal here?

Yup... my mouth dropped when they drafted him there... had he been taken later in the round his return abilities would have not made him a bust. I never thought he was a top 10 WR.

December 8th, 2010, 10:47 am
RIP Killer

Braylon Edwards - being out shined by Holmes
David Terrel - Ouch

December 8th, 2010, 11:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2